It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is the final goal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Money and Greed are not the only thing that corrupts the minds of humanity. Sex and Power also contribute. This is why peace can not be accomplished. Even if we reached a point where we would be in peace someone would come along and screw it up for thier lust for power.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hunting Veritas, I'm pretty sure I see the bigger picture, but mine is different from yours, as different as any of the 6 billion pictures hidden in the mind of people. In my point of view there are at least as many veritae as there are human beings on this little island called earth, so I don't envy your hunting job. (hope I understood the meaning of your name right?!)

Of course it's possible to live without money, theoretically. But. Not. With. Todays. People.

The state of mind today in most parts of the world, and especially in the Western world is not developed well enough to see the benefits of an easy life as described by you. I told you I grew up in a communist country, so I know what I'm talking about. One of the most important goals of communism was a society without money, without private property at all. Everything would be shared with everyone, everyone works "voluntarily" for the better living of everybody. Everything belongs to everybody.

So far it's a nice idea, you should think. Except it didn't work out. It didn't because of many reasons: if anything, like a factory or the public transport, is not owned by someone, nobody feels responsible for it. It get's no maintaining, it decays much quicker and becomes useless, because the repairing would be much too cost-intensive. Please note that I speak out of experience: You wouldn't believe how many houses went to ruins, in what state of damage the houses were people still lived in.
At the times I'm speaking of people had not only guaranteed jobs and income (mostly very low), but it was almost a duty to work. But with very old equipment and without material you cannot work properly or at all. Your ethic is going down and you don't care for anything anymore.
Of course it was partly just a system-immanent problem and probably could have been organized better, but mainly it was because of the capitalist countries and their consumer propaganda and the cold war military race, showing wich system could produce more bombs able to erase the planet. This drained out all the resources which could have been used to improve the people's lifes.

The experiment failed and nobody has the courage to start a new one. Even China is getting capitalistic now, and most of the ex-communist countries are super-capitalistic, they call it something like "predator-capitalism", with Russia as the worst on top of it.

And don't forget the really poor part of the world: the consumer propaganda is nowhere working as efficient as there. They know what luxuries you could have if you only had the money (they have American TV shows in Africa, Middle and South America too), and they want it. Western Africa: Even so children still starve to death every day, I've seen car selling places with more Mercedes Benz on it than in Germany, a big part of it the newest and most expensive models. If you go there and tell them your fish thing, they will not only laugh about you or saying you're a madman, they probably would become very angry because they think you as a Westerner want them to stay in poverty. That could be really dangerous.

To change those conditions of mind in the whole wide world would need a miracle of giant dimensions, or a catastrophe as big as that. I really appreciate your thinking and your hope and wish you as well as me and our grandchildren a better future. Meanwhile you maybe should try to live your dream in a commune, if you really believe in it. It's worth a try. Thinking and Speaking about it are good and valuable things, but doing is better. Grown-up people you can only convince showing them, not saying them, and if people see that it actually works maybe more will come to the conclusion to live a simple life without money.

If other members read this, I'm still interested in getting an answer to my original question, so don't be shy. Hunting Veritas, good luck!

[edit on 14-4-2005 by new_falcon_XXI]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join