It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRO Make OR Break Live in 19 Hours place your bets here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
With the recent set back for the Ruskies in the race for space dominance, the next runner is nearing the finish line.

India's Chandrayaan-3 is a fitting name for the next gen ISRO lunar explorer missions. Not only is it the third attempt by ISRO to make the landing, but the explorer much like a 3 piece suit.

It consists of a lander named Vikram and a rover named Pragyan similar to Chandrayaan-2. Its propulsion module would act like an orbiter. The propulsion module carries the lander and rover configuration until the spacecraft is in a 100-kilometre (62 mi) lunar orbit.

The previous attempt "Chandrayaan-2" was done in by last minute technical issues, much like the ill fated Russian Luna-25 efforts.

So the big question is, Will India's Chandrayaan-3 be different past efforts and actually make a successful landing in the moons southern poles region.
The mission is paramount in searching and finding a water source to support future human missions on the moon and beyond.

In about 19 hours we can all watch live and see the results for ourselves.

For further reading there are a ton of articles and links abound on the interent, i have provided a few, including a link to the official ISRO Twitter and webpage for this mission.

ISRO - Chandrayaan-3
ISRO Twitter

Watch India's Chandrayaan-3 moon landing live
Pak To Live Broadcast Chandrayaan-3 Landing? Big Praise For India's Moon Mission From Its Rival
Chandrayaan-3: what to know about India’s moon landing mission

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Idk, I have to say my bets are on India's success, with support from US and EU space agencies it just seems like its in the cards for an NWO win here in the race for space supremacy

I don't think any of the crashes of the past attempts were anything more than sabotage, whether that is from Humans, or Aliens I guess remains to be seen, or both maybe who knows...

I suppose it could also be another "faked landing"
I guess we will start to answers in about 19 hours, 7:00am EST

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Look at all the lander failures since 2018, I did pretty much it's China and nobody else and even China isn't exactly sharing info.

Here hoping India is successful, and they share its findings

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I agree. The Chandrayaan-3 mission is really important for the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). Last time, Chandrayaan-2 didn't work, so this new mission is crucial.

This mission matters a lot. If they can land successfully, it'll be a big accomplishment for India. Countries like the United States, Russia, and China have all landed on the moon, and India could join that group. It would also make ISRO look good and bring more money into India's space program.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
well, only minutes left until they go live, there is a chance they could delay the landing but from what i am reading they are ready to go. here is a link with good synopsis of the planned landing sequence and live updates

Chandrayaan-3 Landing news live updates

Apparently the actual landing and separation of the rover are scheduled to take place about 1 hour from now, 6:05pm IST

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Landing confirmed!

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

yeah confirmed, they stuck the landing!! Congrats to ISRO and the Indian people

I cant wait to see and learn more about what they find while conducting this mission!

PM Narendra Modi seems like a happy guy today, even if i cant understand what he's saying
edit on 23am31700000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
AWESOME!

Well done India!
अच्छा कार्य
First country to manage a landing on the lunar south pole!
Hopefully the first step towards an Indian moonbase-I would much rather an Indian themed base than a Russian or Chinese base.

I am expecting a gigantic Ganesh statue to be made from lunar regolith to welcome visitors to the moonbase.
And after that a fleet of Vimanas!

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The more the merrier! Looking forward to seeing better versions of the landing footage and the view from the surface!

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We have a lot of Indian people here at work and they all stayed home to watch.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

That's actually pretty funny, I cant say I blame them. From the Indian people I have met over the years they all seem very patriotic and this must be a very proud moment for them.

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
The more the merrier! Looking forward to seeing better versions of the landing footage and the view from the surface!

Yes i am hoping for the exactly the same!
I have been keeping an eye out for any updates that the ISRO offers and will keep this thread updated.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
BRILLIANT!!!!!
I was barely breathing while watching the altitude and rate-of-descent numbers counting down. Wow!

Congratulations to all Indians all over the globe. You are champions and scientific pioneers.
The US moon program was a turning point in American culture; not just because of the technological advancements that flooded into everyone's lives but also because it inspired generations of people to realize that the future can be different - can be better - if people can be creative, organize, cooperate, work hard and, above all else, persevere. I hope that Chandrayaan and its successors usher in a new age of prosperity and achievement for India.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Theres a few pics been released,some of the descent and one on the surface-
www.space.com...

The descent images show loads of potential hazards,lots of craters to avoid-
cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net...

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here a cool little short video of the rover being deployed from ISRO as well as the ramp and solar cells to power the rover .

twitter.com...
twitter.com...
edit on 25pm311200000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
New short video of the rover in action...ish

twitter.com...

also it seems that there is some conflict over the naming of the landing site.

Sh iv Shakti point vs Jawahar point: 'You are anti-Hindu' vs ‘Modi not owner of moon’

There is alot that i think is lost in translation here, does anyone speak the language?
edit on 26am311000000023 by datguy because: forgot video link

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Update:

Its been a little bit but i wanted to add the new videos and images of the ISRO lunar mission.
Not only have been capturing images and video with the rover but they have been testing out some of their equipment.
One of those tested is a seismic device that not only detected the movement of the rover but "something else" which is being investigated, links below!

Seismic testing:
twitter.com...

Video of the rover in action:
twitter.com...

Images from the rover:
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

Also they are preparing to launch their newest solar observation mission from Lagrange point 1, which is also home to NASA's SOHO. The show doesn't start for about 14 hours from the time of this post

new topics

top topics

join