It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zelenskyi in Denmark for a formal hand over of outdated F16s

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Why did you feel the need for sarcasm?

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Why did you feel the need for sarcasm?

Good question, had to find out why
So tell me, what is relevance of having an operating airforce got to do with f16s
Like saying, “it’s a mechanic shop, they fix teslas cos their cars” doesn’t make it true

In fact, just read at least a year for the West to train pilots and staff to keep the f16s in the air
Why wouldn’t I be a bit over explaining the obvious

Believe as you wish

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So tell me, what is relevance of having an operating airforce got to do with f16s
Like saying, “it’s a mechanic shop, they fix teslas cos their cars” doesn’t make it true

Everyone says the F-16s will be swatted from the skies in a week, and yet the Ukrainian Air Force, using less capable Soviet era fighters, still has operational aircraft using NATO supplied weapons. The F-16s are more capable against Soviet era defense systems, with one evading 6 SAMs in a single mission without countermeasures. The Ukrainian pilots won't be as good as US pilots, but they're also not complete novices. It's really just transition training, and learning English. If they're able to keep less capable aircraft flying against the same defenses, then the F-16s should be able to survive as well.

In fact, just read at least a year for the West to train pilots and staff to keep the f16s in the air

That was an old estimate. The current estimate, once they go through the English immersion course, is 4-6 months. They're sending their best and most experienced crews to train on the F-16. A year would be to get them up close to US standards. Four to six months will get them ready for combat.
edit on 8/25/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join