It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Micro Local NEWS --- AKA --- All the Little Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
soooo, yeah I'm bored...
I usually like to present a thread with substance and information but I simply haven't come across anything that would fit what I think ATS is deserving of.

As I was browsing random news events from several different sources I had a thought
Since I cant be everywhere and don't have access to all the news everywhere it dawned on me...that applies to everyone.
So with good intent to spread information I wanted to create a place where all the little things could be compiled.

So I ask you to please help me do this. Since I cant be everywhere and I cant read all the local news papers or watch all the local news programs I am hoping that everyone will contribute.

Just your local news stories though, you know...the ones that slip through the cracks of the MSM, maybe some event that didn't make the news, or some home town hero that got over looked.
These things are important, just as important to our daily lives that the mass media pushes, if not more so. So share with me, ALL the little things!

edit on 20pm31200000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
To kick the thread off, I have selected this story of Denise Berry and her "Forward Paths Foundation"

Forward Paths Foundation has taken an exciting step in our pursuit of improving the lives of Lake County's homeless unaccompanied youth and youth aging out of foster care. The Lack of safe and affordable housing is a huge barrier to a youth's ability to achieve self-sufficiency. The need for secure housing is immediate. The board and staff of Forward Paths developed a strategic plan to address our goals.

A few years ago the foundation was given a donation of land for this project by The First United Methodist Church of Eustis but it has taken until now to get the zoning and county authorization to build out the tiny homes to support the project.

Lake County nonprofit expands tiny home program in Downtown Eustis

It’s been a long time coming for Denise Berry, Executive Director for Forward Paths Foundation. Her group helps transition foster kids and homeless youth into adulthood.

It’s the only organization of its kind in Lake County. Now, with the help of a few community partners, like HomeAid Orlando and Taylor Morrison, it’s expanding.
“I think our community is a giving community. We do care about our young people. This is our chance to express that. Hopefully, others will take a look at what we’re doing,” said Berry.

These tiny homes may be built and ready for clients to move in as soon as 6 months from now. As Berry sees her ideas come to light, she knows the organization will really make an impact in these young adults’ lives.

If your interested in learning more, here is a youtube link I cant post here because of the "double =" (if you know how to fix this please tell me)
Denise gets the chance to go into detail about the why and the how of what she does.
Worth the watch and its stories like this that make me smile in knowing that there are still good people out there
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Only your local news though, people. It makes it easier to determine where everyone is from and specifically where they live, such as a county or a town.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy
Local TDDA news:

- The people living over our flat still have a -although short tempered- daily sex life.
- Stuttgart21 project turned out to be 2100, not 2021, who would have guessed.
- I still suck being patient, both to the doctor and about things I have to wait for.
- Cannabis will be legal here soon and I get amnesia on my criminal chargers for growing weed so good they had to lock me up to repent.
- I found out that my dishwasher has a neat function I wasn't aware off for big pizza plates.
- Fuel is 1,90€/l

new topics

top topics

join