It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Long Game: Russia is bleeding NATO's supply of materiel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust
a reply to: incoserv

NATO as a whole has vastly more men and equipment and better equipment than Russia. That is a fact. However, NATO with its current gay pride culture is slowly and surely turning its fighting force into not so much of a fighting force, but a force to police its own as well as to promote globalist agenda and so on. It definitely does not have a priority of fighting an actual war other than picking on smaller nations here and there that cannot possibly defend themselves, such as Niger.

I also do not see EVERY NATO nation going along with a war with Russia when it comes down to it. Maybe I am wrong, but I do think that even though leadership is all on board they must be noticing that their population is starting to grow tired of this. No matter, they never care what their citizens think anyway.

So, if a war with NATO went hot right now, Russia would lose. However, NATO would lose as well because I think that unlike the Iraq war which awed all of us into thinking we are unstoppable in military terms, invading Russia would be a bloodbath only comparable to WW1. Even worse it could very well end with nuclear warfare in which case EVERYONE loses. No matter to our leadership though, they will be in giant underground bunkers ya know?

Its no wonder that a red headed hillbilly from Virginia is the biggest musical phenom since I can remember. WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU GUYS AT THE TOP DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOURSELVES.

I think you misunderstand quite dramatically. NATO would NOT invade Fussia because of the very real possibility of nuclear escalation. NATO would only respond to one of its own being invaded or attacked. That threat would be dealt with and there would be no invasion as such - not in the sense of a March in Moscow. NATO is, by definition, a defensive alliance.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

FWIW, I concur with your analysis. I would point out that Ukraine will eventually run low on combat personnel. I doubt Biden can get us involved in the war directly until after his re-election though.

Personnel is most likely the critical point for Ukraine as Russia is willing to dump millions if need be, and that has always been their MO in the past of just flooding the battlefield with bodies until the other side runs out. With that said, Ukraine has 44 million people, so not a small country.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1986

NATO as a whole has vastly more men and equipment and better equipment than Russia. That is a fact. However, NATO with its current gay pride culture is slowly and surely turning its fighting force into not so much of a fighting force, but a force to police its own as well as to promote globalist agenda and so on. It definitely does not have a priority of fighting an actual war other than picking on smaller nations here and there that cannot possibly defend themselves, such as Niger.

I also do not see EVERY NATO nation going along with a war with Russia when it comes down to it. Maybe I am wrong, but I do think that even though leadership is all on board they must be noticing that their population is starting to grow tired of this. No matter, they never care what their citizens think anyway.

So, if a war with NATO went hot right now, Russia would lose. However, NATO would lose as well because I think that unlike the Iraq war which awed all of us into thinking we are unstoppable in military terms, invading Russia would be a bloodbath only comparable to WW1. Even worse it could very well end with nuclear warfare in which case EVERYONE loses. No matter to our leadership though, they will be in giant underground bunkers ya know?

Its no wonder that a red headed hillbilly from Virginia is the biggest musical phenom since I can remember. WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU GUYS AT THE TOP DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOURSELVES.

I think you misunderstand quite dramatically. NATO would NOT invade Fussia because of the very real possibility of nuclear escalation. NATO would only respond to one of its own being invaded or attacked. That threat would be dealt with and there would be no invasion as such - not in the sense of a March in Moscow. NATO is, by definition, a defensive alliance.

NATO has already escalated by supplying unending military and fiscal support to a country that is not a NATO member. Also it seems to me that NATO also goaded the Ukraine into poking the bear every since a Russian separatist movement within their borders. Oddly, in almost every other instance where countries start having separitist movements we cry from the rooftop for their freedom. In Ukraine, nope, too much easy money laundering and sex slavery to indulge in there. You see we have a president that for some reason has benefitted personally from his involvement there. Somehow we have a president and ex president that can afford giant mansions - and multiple other top of the line properties all while earning government pay, which to be honest isnt that much. So you see, you are being played as a fool. And you can be comfortable with that, but I am not.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

originally posted by: gortex

Do you realize that the longer Russia drags this conflict out, the more it is bleeding the west, NATO, and especially the US of its critical military infrastructure.

If that were the case it's been a pretty foolhardy endeavour by Russia as they've also bled themselves and shown their military to be outdated , as our Russian friend who has participated in the war has said the troops don't have enough food and are lacking in basic equipment.

Our command provides us with insufficient food because they know that we are able to compensate for this by purchasing additional food (better and more varied) in the nearby villages.If any platoon started to really starve, then (I'm sure) they
would take compensatory measures.

LOL!!!! You mean steal, don't you? Before or after you knocked it into rubble?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   

NATO has already escalated by supplying unending military and fiscal support to a country that is not a NATO member.

But very close to EU and was a very aggressive move by Russia.

Also it seems to me that NATO also goaded the Ukraine into poking the bear every since a Russian separatist movement within their borders.

Not really, Ukraine has been fighting Russia for like 10 years now in that proxy war, hasn't really been a NATO event, or EU.

Oddly, in almost every other instance where countries start having separitist movements we cry from the rooftop for their freedom.

Not really either...Would you support the lower half of Texas to go back to Mexico? Also, Russia would not be stopping with just Ukraine as they have been working on getting the old group back together.

Dead brain Biden aside, do you really want Russia to take Ukraine?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

dnyuz.com...

Muddy, but interesting

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Dead brain Biden aside, do you really want Russia to take Ukraine?

I don't care really, I just want my tax dollars to stop going to this nonsense. If some Russians in the Ukraine want to be part of Russia, that is their problem, not mine, nor my countries. Now if a Mexican separatist movement happens in Texas, then we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I would imagine in my children's lifetime that might happen, but only because the people that run the show here are retarded. They are following the path of imperial Rome, but because they are historically retarded they have no idea. Regardless, at the moment that is a non issue. Most reasonable expat Mexicans really do not want to be Mexican. I am sure there is a poll or something, but whatever, at the moment that is not an issue.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Rumor has it, we (US) have already used up our excess reserves with some weapons but mainly ammo, helping Ukraine.

At this point I think we are all just waiting for the first Nuke to blow at this point initiating WWIII.

Stock up on your potassium iodine tablets!!

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: turretless

originally posted by: gortex

Do you realize that the longer Russia drags this conflict out, the more it is bleeding the west, NATO, and especially the US of its critical military infrastructure.

If that were the case it's been a pretty foolhardy endeavour by Russia as they've also bled themselves and shown their military to be outdated , as our Russian friend who has participated in the war has said the troops don't have enough food and are lacking in basic equipment.

Our command provides us with insufficient food because they know that we are able to compensate for this by purchasing additional food (better and more varied) in the nearby villages.If any platoon started to really starve, then (I'm sure) they
would take compensatory measures.

LOL!!!! You mean steal, don't you? Before or after you knocked it into rubble?

In the village, we buy food from shops and from the population. We do not steal this food from the local population.

By the way, many people living in the surrounding villages have reoriented themselves to the new realities and are now trading various products from their gardens with the soldiers.

A certain man carries a large assortment of different cigarettes in his car to the village store.

A certain married couple sells camouflage T-shirts, shorts, stripes, caps, shoes and other things useful for soldiers at the same store.

In a certain house they make pizza to order and so on.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka

originally posted by: putnam6
Ukraine is joining NATO?

I didnt say they would be joining tomorrow. Of course it would be when Russia has widthdrawn all the troops to the pre 2014 borders and part of the peace deal.

Because if it isnt, Putin will just pinky promise he'll never ever touch Ukraine and then spend 10 years building up the army so Russia can invade Ukraine again and we're back to a repeat of this. Is that what you would prefer?

It doesn't matter what you or I prefer, merka, NATO had a chance to show they are fast-tracking Ukraine for NATO in VInius and instead, they snubbed Ukraine more than a little bit.

Unless NATO changes its criteria like requiring a unanimous 30-nation vote, it isn't happening even if the war ended today.

www.npr.org...

www.defense.gov...

President Biden vowed continuing support for Ukraine in a speech in Lithuania on Wednesday, saying the U.S. and its allies would "stand for liberty and freedom today, tomorrow, and for as long as it takes."

Biden spoke to a crowd of hundreds of people in Vilnius, Lithuania, at the end of a NATO summit where Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy had pressed NATO for a timeline for when his country could join the military alliance.

Zelenskyy left the summit without a timeline — but he did receive pledges for long-term security assistance by the United States and other G-7 nations. Biden has likened the aid to the kind that the United States provides Israel, and told reporters traveling with him that Zelenskyy was pleased.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

" WWIII Alert! Russia Claims Pentagon Creating Bioweapons in Ukraine to Impose ‘Global Control’ "

www.infowars.com...

Their Propaganda is Also on the Mark......

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

So thats making the rounds again?

Seem to remember when this kicked off that was being claimed as the "real" reason for the invasion.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Most People Nowadays have Very Short Attention Spans , and they Need to be Constantly Reminded of Events even Only in the Recent Past .

" 1984 "

“Within twenty years at most, he reflected, the huge and simple question ‘Was life better before the Revolution than it is now?’ would have ceased once and for all to be answerable.”

“[T]he Party member, like the proletarian, tolerates present-day conditions because he has no standards of comparison. He must be cut off from the past, just as he must be cut off from foreign countries, because it is necessary for him to believe that he is better off than his ancestors and that the average level of material comfort is constantly rising.”

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Get the Point ?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

pretty bad when it took 32 patriot missiles to TRY
an catch a khinzal missile ..,,heading straight for them....
AND THEY MISSED... $96million(32 missiles) plus 5 launchers
and radar station,...GONE.... hole in glove?

and youre right.. nato army, planes, tanks,..
plus spending, EASILY 5-1 against russia, BUT.....

russia is easily defeating the nato trained (since before 2014)
ukrainian army, who had been prepping defences since at least 2014,
armed by nato.,, russia is destroying them at TEN TO ONE ratio

300,000 ukrainians dead or wounded, living it up at europes finest
HOSPITALS enjoying such luxuries as.., missing limbs,
shattered organs, severe burns , lead poisoning,
and now also missing organs for the ukrainian black market

if ukraine has western missiles that can take out hypersonic missiles
then whose missiles did russia use to destroy half of ukraine with?

and it seems, ukraine was doing BETTER with
old soviet hardware like converting su-141 to
destroy a few russian jets 5-600km inside russia .
ukraine desroyed a few thousand russian tanks,
was ONLY losing 50 troops per day..

now ukraine losing nearly 1000 troops per day
with NATO'S BEST GEAR,.., 5000 pieces of heavy armor
IN JUST TWO MONTHS
killing off all the white ultra-right wing men?... maybe

and youre right, i been hearing about all these weapons
contractors, getting 3 year contracts to produce

plus,......
ukraine/nato smuggling hardware to alot of african/asian
countries to prepare them...... FOR FUTURE WARS
if peace ever breaks out, they will hafto layoff employees
gotta GROW... MORE WARS, so we can give em raises

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarcasticcritic
5000 pieces of heavy armor
IN JUST TWO MONTHS

Just dont ask about the math on how you can have around 1500 tanks, loose 5000 tanks, and still have around 1500 tanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:31 AM
link   
OP has it spot on. Russia is using old tech and winning, clearing arsenal, gaining ground and replacing with new stuff all at the cost of the American tax payer.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:44 AM
link   
all i see is Russia using this conflict as proving grounds to catch up to the west using Iraq Afghanistan through to Syria as dev and tactics proving grounds, and the spring as proving grounds for generating sociasl media driven revolutions..

the thing is russia is still on the same back foot it was against the likes of napoleon and others..

the only bit i don't get is how the respective population collapses for russia/nato is worth celebrating..

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What I don't get is how many are not aware how far their heads are shoved up cold war's propaganda backside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join