It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like we got four years until they show face...en masse

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'm pretty sure Earth is literally a planet aliens chose to do experiments on, and wouldn't you believe it? We are the experiment.
They arnt going to show up in 2027 kids.
They were always here. They were here before us and more then likely will be here after us.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   
You can believe and indeed know without a doubt that something is possible by direct exposure to it with requiring an understanding of its workings
In cases like that we can only be sure of what our senses present to us, sometimes our perception does not include the whole facts, so although we know "something" can happen we do not really know what that "something" is.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
If a CIA officer said (or ex-cia for that matter) something I sure as hell will believe him, they don't have a track record of lies and deceit, by any stretch...

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: amicusbrief

I love hearing the debate about language of the Bible. I get alot of insight learning other translations. If makes it even more meaningful to me.

Hi, from reading your posts here & there, I believe you and I have a bit in common -
- I think you would really enjoy the works of Professor of Ancient History/Biblical scholar Dr. Michael Heiser...
His research into the ancient Sumerian & Uruk societies, which the ancient Hebrews were derived from, led him to some amazing, unique concepts as to the meanings of Old Testament and how writers of the New Testament refer back to the older writings...

This is a link to his older blog, which is a good place to start:
LINK

Mike earned the M.A. and Ph.D. in Hebrew Bible and Semitic Languages at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2004. He has also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (major fields: Ancient Israel and Egyptology). Mike can do translation work in roughly a dozen ancient languages, among them Biblical Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Egyptian hieroglyphs, and Ugaritic cuneiform. His academic specializations include Israelite religion, contextualizing biblical theology with Israelite and ancient Near Eastern religion, Jewish binitarianism, biblical languages, and Second Temple period Jewish literature.

Sadly, Dr. Heiser passed away from cancer just last winter, but he left an incredible legacy of knowledge.

p.s. This is on topic, because Dr. Heiser has done some talks on the subject of "Ancient Aliens", pointing out the many mistranslations in Zechariahs Stitchin's work.
edit on 22-8-2023 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

So very nice of you to say, lostgirl. I appreciate the link. I will certainly go do some reading and comment back to you soon with my thoughts on the respected Dr. Ive seen your posts and agree we are sympatico.

I saw many cuneiform tablets in the Smithsonian and also the cylinders. It gave me an appreciation of what great record keepers they were. They wanted their stories to endure time and warfare and the elements, like the Egyptians. I would like to learn more from about them from an entirely different point of view.

I feel like the truth might lie in the balance, somewhere between academia and innovative thinkers such as Von Daniken, whom I respect very much. Ive been fascinated with Forbidden Archeology since the 70s, and Chariots of the Gods was a big part of that.

PS: love your avatar!
edit on 8/22/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Yes! I know who Mike Heiser is. I've listened to him on C2C. The theologian that goes to UFO conferences!

Here is a vid that popped up in the YT recommends after I looked at a couple of shorties on your link.

m.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join