It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First To Eleven - Best Cover Band I've Ever Heard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As always I'm 3 years behind everyone else with this.

But I came across this group via a cover of "Hail To The King" by Avenged Sevenfold. And I just spent about 2 hours seeing how good of a cover band they are.

Music snobs will appreciate this.

They can cover all the way to the pinnacle of rock. All extremely talented and versatile musicians.

They cover everything from rock to Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift.

Lots of great covers with their own twist.

edit on 15-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:54 AM
link   
They are definitely talented. Would be nice to hear in a bar as a surprise.

Just a weird thing, I have been addicted to Rush lately. They sort of dropped off my radar say when I was 15 years old or so. Not sure why, but now I listen and I am just amazed by everything they did. Sort of like the Who.

Just realized as well that First to 11 might be an bow to Spinal Tap?????

Maybe? Who knows?
edit on 15-8-2023 by greendust because: ...

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Those songs seem to be tuned down.. they miss that exploiding approach to get out best out of the songs... Girl do not give her best or has not enough vocal range to nail these songs.. i didn´t enjoy these.. sorry

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: greendust
For Bar singing those could fit fine

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Fair enough. I feel she's versatile enough to do alot of songs admirably. I agree she could project way more, and be more dynamic, but not everyone can be Floor Jansen. Plus, she's gorgeous.

What's most impressive is the absolute precision in which every other member covered Rush. While not really a popular band among folks that are listening for their Avril Lavigne covers, Rush is on another level of insane complexity. And they made it look ordinary. Even Danny Carey screws up playing Rush

That's why they are a beyond your average bar cover band in my opinion. I'm also a sucker for female versions of male originals. Even if they sound exactly like the original

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Check out Hybrid Theory, best tribute band I've heard in a long time 👍🏼

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Albert999

Do I have to like the original band?

They actually sound WAY better than Linkin Park.

I saw them for the Album Hybrid Theory. Live it was like they all wrote the songs individually on a computer and had to teach the rest of the band how to play it together. And they sounded TERRIBLE. Seemed they were all on too much meth to keep in time with each other. It just wasn't tight at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: Albert999

Do I have to like the original band?

They actually sound WAY better than Linkin Park.

I saw them for the Album Hybrid Theory. Live it was like they all wrote the songs individually on a computer and had to teach the rest of the band how to play it together. And they sounded TERRIBLE. Seemed they were all on too much meth to keep in time with each other. It just wasn't tight at all.

Fair enough, but i think you’ll find most of their gigs were not like that.

new topics

top topics

join