It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costa Coffee faces fierce backlash and boycott calls after it goes woke!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Bravo LordAhriman!

You named some of the woke companies.
It's actually trans beer bit never mind.

Which of them are broke?

Did you try to make them broke? Is that not cancel culture?

Do you understand the difference between choosing not to buy something vs having something you don't like completely removed or replaced?

One is a boycott, the other is what cancel culture is made of.

They do 1001 boycotts and cancels, then the right does one ….. and they cry like a fishwife with her teats in a wringer. Typical left method.

Jack Smith is screwing Trump, leaking like a sieve to the metia, dropping every libel and accusation he can. Trump starts talking back and Smith runs crying to the judge, saying he’s scared and needs immediate censoring of Trump “for protection”.
Leftist in pooozy mode as always.
You can see it here every day.
edit on 8-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: stevieray

Im not shaming you, and in this instance im not seeing nasty or destructive things nether, just a crap cartoon depiction in a mural.

Like i suggest if you choose to be hard done by, down to a cartoon in a mural, you do you.

Everybody else will simply get on with the day, myself included.

And enjoy their coffee, not particularly giving a rats arse about where it came from.

Other than to the taste and potency of the stuff.

Lol, says “not shaming not shaming !!”

Then tosses out vague insults yet again.

You are really un-serious about being truthful or rational.

Just say anything and be contradictory of yourself within 2 or 3 sentences.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: AlienBorg

Why should companies not express opinions on politics?

They have freedom of speech along with the rest of us.

I don't agree with wokeness but I don't agree with stifling others views.

Anyway, it's all just a storm in a coffee cup and no need to puff up and get all offended.

I don't care about what you claim most people say.

Perhaps you want to stamp out minority opinions?

Not a good thing.

I think the majority of us, the non woke, don't agree with wokeness and don't agree with the politics some companies try to push. They have the freedom to do as they please, however their primary objective is to sell us their goods and services, and not to push politics. I think most us agree on what their mission is.

I don't hold a minority view in this case, but being in a minority isn't a problem as long as you have told arguments.

What are "told arguments"?

I don't agree with what you claim to be the majority but so what?

I don't agree with folk on here pushing their politics which shouldn't be some folks primary objective on here, but I would never seek to object to you having the right to do so.

Nobody tries to force politics on these threads. It's Costa Caffe that had tried to push the trans ideology on one of its ads and has backfired quite a lot.

I know many will disagree with what Costa Caffe did and we have plenty of evidence to what happens when companies go woke.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Who here actually drinks this penis coffee?

It's the same for the Bud Light mocking women with a guy in a dress.

Sadly these companies have to do it in order to stay in business or they will be shut down by the leftists.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sadly these companies have to do it in order to stay in business or they will be shut down by the leftists.

I ve heard people in the UK find this coffee awful and the company has now gone woke trying to push the trans lunacy through one of their ads. It's just suicidal imo.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   

like sky uk being brought by comcast and having to synergise all their words with us head office costa is now part of a us corp so of course it has to engage in this culture war.. coca cola can afford to destroy it in the process, which it will at this rate as all those local to me find it impossible to maintain staff/opening hours..

the boycott is pointless for a chain that findsa it hard to remain open..

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

like sky uk being brought by comcast and having to synergise all their words with us head office costa is now part of a us corp so of course it has to engage in this culture war.. coca cola can afford to destroy it in the process, which it will at this rate as all those local to me find it impossible to maintain staff/opening hours..

the boycott is pointless for a chain that findsa it hard to remain open..

Does it really find it hard to remain open?
And why?

Someone said they make the worst coffee but I don't drink coffee so I don't know. But it's unacceptable they decide to push politics and specifically the trans ideology into one of their ads.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

its been struggling a while which is why they paired with up market M&S to sell their food.. but the draw isn't the big boost i think they hoped it would be..

but all the outlets around here certainly do of the 5 they can keep them open for brief stints 10-2pm, sometimes its equipment breaking, sometimes broken doors, but mostly it staff issues, really lack of staff.

I used to breakfast every morning in one from 7am when we didn't have to get up at stupid o clock for the train, taking those out it was about 4/5 days a week at £9ea a day, spread that over the 10/12 regulars who sat in to drink and the flow through, and this is a tourist area, once or twice for a small lunch £18each and about the same for afternoon coffee/cake £12ea, when i do that now its new places not because i am boycotting but that costa is more often not open.. i still got the app and get monthly freebie drop but its pretty much useless.

at this point there is no point in bothering.. there is something seriously wrong with a corp when it starts throwing away its regulars and the extra tourist footfall and raking in the money, it reminds me of the space woolworths/toysrus etc inhabited just before their respective collapses..

covid cost many chains their bread and butter office worker footfall/revenue and its not returned i think we are seeing the thin edge of a cataclysmic collapse of the existing corporate world hence the extremes some are going to to survive yet in turn sending themselves into a doom spiral when they attack their existing customers..

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Can't even have a cup of coffee without trans-crap being shoved down your throat.
Something is seriously wrong with all this.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan2
Can't even have a cup of coffee without trans-crap being shoved down your throat.
Something is seriously wrong with all this.

It's just plain stupid from their part.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join