It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York at Breaking Point with Migrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Suck it democrats, you voted them in, might as well send them off to every damned sanctuary city and state.

Buh-bye.

(waves buh-bye)

I hope you aren’t talking to me, because I’m not a democrat.
We can also blame this on Democrats, but let’s face it, this has been a problem for as long as I’ve been alive and we have had a whole mix of both democrats and republicans and some were in office long enough to actually do something.

Weren't you celebrating Cheese-istan turning blue?

Maybe your state is next!

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nice try, but nope. I was celebrating women's right to do what is right for their body. Lots of Republican women and independent women feel the exact same way, and they would have voted any party in that supported that. Like I said before Republicans really should have left that issue alone.

Actually Wisconsin needs workers bad in manual labor and farm jobs. It’s so bad in some areas companies are bussing (providing transport for free) to people from the city to work in the surrounding areas to do manual labor, they are still hurting for workers.

The problem we have is just like everyone else, we simply don’t have enough housing.
edit on 3-8-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

There are ways to solve this but nobody wants to do it.

Before change is made, discomfort must happen, maybe this is an all a good thing.
Allow New Yorkers to feel what Texas is feeling, what Arizona is feeling, what Florida is feeling.
I think there will be a lot more empathy.

I think we need to up the flow from the border states to New York to share in the problem.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This whole thing had gotten out of control and the democrats in NY are doing nothing to help the situation, actually they are making it worse!

ROTTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A number of people are scrambling to find a new place to stay after the Super 8 Motel on Carman Road in Rotterdam told everyone Tuesday morning they had to be out by Wednesday.

Town Board member Joe Mastroianni said he had numerous calls and texts about the issue and went to the motel to gain more information. He spoke with the manager, who confirmed that they have a one-year agreement to house migrants.

link
This is in my backyard. Now let's look at the fact in defiance of normal housing rules and contracts the people in the motel were evicted with no notice. These people were sent here because Mayor Adam's in NYC screwed up. This bit gets me.

We were recently made aware that a local motel contracted with the City of New York to host a group of asylum seekers. Because immigration is governed by Federal Law, the County does not have jurisdiction in these matters. However, we are disappointed that the City of New York did not reach out to us directly to inform us of their plans. 

The County acknowledges that these individuals have certain rights under Federal Law and that business owners are free to operate in their best interest. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide additional information as it becomes available. 

So we ignore everyone else's rights for these "immigrants" to have shelter? The people who were already living there are now homeless what about them? Personally I love the fact that the contract didn't need any approval from the county in question. What business does NYC have making deals like that out of the city itself? Bad enough NYC is falling apart from the mishandling of the issue, but now Adam's is going to spread it around the state for everywhere else to suffer from his folly. Bet that the rich liberal areas like Saratoga will not see any of this on their doorstep.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Best chili in the world is grown in that valley!

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If they are given a court date and allowed in, I believe they get a work permit with that..

They have to support themselves.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Bet that the rich liberal areas like Saratoga will not see any of this on their doorstep.

That's exactly when the issue would be taken care of...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join