It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York at Breaking Point with Migrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: quintessentone

I guess you missed the part where there are 4 families in a 4 bedroom house. None of them own the home.

Isn't that out of desperation because the housing or sheltering problems have not been solved?

Why is it every one else's problem to solve? Open YOUR house up!

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I guess you missed the part where there are 4 families in a 4 bedroom house. None of them own the home.

Isn't that out of desperation because the housing or sheltering problems have not been solved?

I feel for all humans, but I do think there should be a pecking order.
I don’t care if there are a 100 illegals in a house if there is one homeless American, or Veteran.
We should work on housing them first then take on other problems.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

It is all of our problem to solve via our tax dollars to our leaders who are the ones who can actually solve these problems in a big way.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

It is all of our problem to solve via our tax dollars to our leaders who are the ones who can actually solve these problems in a big way.

We can start by closing the border to illegal immigrants and have them wait outside the border for asylum.
edit on 3-8-2023 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Its because the landlords here can make a ton of money. This has been going on for a while near the border.

The slum lords are often migrants themselves. I know of one fellow came here illegally 20 years ago. He's a multi-millionaire now via real estate and stuffing more migrants into houses. Theyve come in and wrecked nice neighborhoods.

I've thought about doing the same with my house. I could make a literal fortune. I don't want the hassle, and I don't want to leave because my kids and grandkids are in the same town.

Interesting twist.... my son is considering moving to Mexico and slum lording his house. Just across the border there are really nice beach places and plenty of Americans living in them. If they go, I will probably go with them.
My DIL and grands are all Mexican citizens so we can actually buy property there, far less expensive.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Its because the landlords here can make a ton of money. This has been going on for a while near the border.

The slum lords are often migrants themselves. I know of one fellow came here illegally 20 years ago. He's a multi-millionaire now via real estate and stuffing more migrants into houses. Theyve come in and wrecked nice neighborhoods.

I've thought about doing the same with my house. I could make a literal fortune. I don't want the hassle, and I don't want to leave because my kids and grandkids are in the same town.

Interesting twist.... my son is considering moving to Mexico and slum lording his house. Just across the border there are really nice beach places and plenty of Americans living in them. If they go, I will probably go with them.
My DIL and grands are all Mexican citizens so we can actually buy property there, far less expensive.

Yeah, from what I've been reading about some areas in Mexico they are very nice places to live.
edit on q00000028831America/Chicago3838America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Too bad YOU can't live there! I mean, unless you marry a Mexican!

Maybe, you could find a nice and accommodating family to take you in?

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Sure you can. They have long term leases for foreigners. They welcome American expats. It helps their economy.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Sure you can. They have long term leases for foreigners. They welcome American expats. It helps their economy.

That's if you have enough $$ to support yourself. Will they also house and feed me?

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They have amazing markets with fresh veggies, meat and fish. Medical care is actually pretty decent because of all the Americans going across for more affordable care.

The cartels seem to leave the American expats alone, unless the Americans want to do drugs and get involved in the cartel business.

And if you live close enough to the border, its easy enough to even come and go to work or school. Many are doing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No, of course not!

Americans work in San Diego and live on the outskirts of TJ.

Thousands of people cross back and forth across the border every single day. Both ways.

People that work from home electronically have moved even as far as Mexico City.

edit on 8/3/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

No, of course not!

Americans work in San Diego and live on the outskirts of TJ.

Thousands of people cross back and forth across the border every single day. Both ways.

Oh, I know. I lived in Carmel Mountain and hubby worked at Miramar. I'm VERY familiar with the area. In addition to that, I've lived in Scripps Ranch, San Clemente, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, and Norco/Corona. Also, I'm Mexican.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I grew up near El Paso. When I was a kid, the markets in Juarez were better than the grocery stores in my town, so we went across every Sunday to shop.

I live in CA now, and it's not much different, except there are more whites in CA than where I grew up in NM, by far.

eta: if your avatar is you, I like your ink. Pretty lady!

edit on 8/3/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Near Las Cruces? Had a friend go to school there, beautiful area. My family lived in Sierra Vista, before I ran off to California.

Gosh, I really miss the southwest.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Dona Ana, Mesilla, Anthony, Fabans (tx), Hatch, Deming, T or C, Socorro. All my stomping grounds. It is a nice place, a really amazing place to grow up!

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Deming NM? My son has cousins there!

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Kind of weird that the good migrants that come here to work and make a living are not allowed to work. That is our government, take taxes paid by the working people in the country and give them to people they force to be spongebobs. But even spongebob had a job at the Krustry Krab, just think if he was an immigrant. The cartoon would be totally diffeent.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Suck it democrats, you voted them in, might as well send them off to every damned sanctuary city and state.

Buh-bye.

(waves buh-bye)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Suck it democrats, you voted them in, might as well send them off to every damned sanctuary city and state.

Buh-bye.

(waves buh-bye)

I hope you aren’t talking to me, because I’m not a democrat.
We can also blame this on Democrats, but let’s face it, this has been a problem for as long as I’ve been alive and we have had a whole mix of both democrats and republicans and some were in office long enough to actually do something.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Kind of weird that the good migrants that come here to work and make a living are not allowed to work. That is our government, take taxes paid by the working people in the country and give them to people they force to be spongebobs. But even spongebob had a job at the Krustry Krab, just think if he was an immigrant. The cartoon would be totally diffeent.

You are exactly right. Just think we LIMIT even the highly educated, NON criminals that want to live/work/contribute but here are all these uneducated, directionless young men being shuffled from place to place to make a point.

It’s sad when you think about it. They should skip New York and bus them straight to all the fields that need picking, or the dairy farms, etc. Let them start there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join