It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the Chinese trolling the USA and NASA by sending those balloons earlier this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

So I was ruminating today about 'satellites', and 'space', and the incredible ongoing deception perpetrated by NASA & propped up by the US position on the supposed reality of space exploration under NASA's aegis, and as part of that, I remembered that NASA is the largest consumer of helium in the entire world. Let that one sink in a little. They just LOVE sending up massive helium balloons, for - some reason... Let's just say that a lot of sensor technology is loaded onto devices hooked to the bottom of those balloons, with equipment which enables them to steer those balloons very precisely, and have them hover over geosynchronous locales as per the current need 'du jour'.

It's no secret that I ascribe to a position of certainty in respect of our Earth being not quite what we have been conditioned to believe. I believe that the Earth is a flat geologic realm somehow encapsulated within an exotic spacetime singularity, that the Heavens are some sort of holographic projection permitting the measurement of light spectra, apparent distance & chemical composition. And yet 'space' as we perceive it is no more than low Earth orbit which is an area located just beneath what could be considered 'the firmament', an impervious barrier which is a sort of exotic liquid composition that is totally impenetrable to any of our Earth technology. I believe the Earth is a special habitat which has been created to accomplish a number of purposes, by a designer who can safely be considered the Creator of all that exists.

I realise the vast majority will totally disagree with me on this, but I believe there is abundant evidence, if one were to be intellectually rigorous & honest with oneself when faced with the evidence, chasing after that evidence with a fervour for the Truth with a capital 't'. I won't get into the evidence here, I believe I laid out some of it fairly well in a recent thread that can be viewed HERE for your research pleasure. At least it provides a jumping-off point, a far more genuine one than that of Felix Baumgartner, incidentally. No go-pro fish eye lenses in sight...

And so on to the speculation. Those Chinese 'spy balloons', with their sensor technology and an apparent ability to steer the balloon into territory belonging to the USA. Were they steered deliberately low & into obvious territorial breach simply to troll the US leadership & make assertions, subtly & 'beneath the radar', so to speak, railing against NASA & the deceptive practices they themselves employ when practicing 'space' research? I believe it's a possibility. It was also an opportunity to make the US leadership look ridiculous by getting their knickers in a twist about a seemingly non-threatening balloon, blasting it out of the sky using missiles from fast jets, when an air rifle would have done the trick.

But in truth, if the US know their own capabilities using sensor devices mounted beneath balloons (IE 'satellites') then perhaps they were right to panic about what the Chinese could have been detecting & transmitting from that equipment thus mounted to their own balloons.

So that's my 'high octane speculation' (to quote JP Farrell), and I believe it has merit. Any takers?

Cheers,

FITO.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Back in the early 1990's I was part of an amateur team which undertook the design and construction of what to be the first non-governmentally backed rocket launch to space (defined, at that time by the Von Karman line).

Members of that team went on to design what is the highest flying dirigible on record at 95,085 FT, in October of 2011.

In fact, the recent "Chinese Spy Balloon" is reported to have incorporated design features use by that record-setting vehicle.

As I have posted previously, in other threads, it is entirely possible, and even relatively inexpensive to devise, build, fly, and prove, for oneself that the Earth is, in fact, not flat. A fact that has been known since the ancient Greece.
edit on 28-7-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Back in the early 1990's I was part of an amateur team which undertook the design and construction of what to be the first non-governmentally backed rocket launch to space (defined, at that time by the Von Karman line).

Members of that team went on to design what is the highest flying dirigible on record at 95,085 FT, in October of 2011.

In fact, the recent "Chinese Spy Balloon" is reported to have incorporated design features use by that record-setting vehicle.

As I have posted previously, in other threads, it is entirely possible, and even relatively inexpensive to devise, build, fly, and prove, for oneself that the Earth is, in fact, not flat. A fact that has been known since the ancient Greece.

Before Ancient Greece really. Book of Enoch. Sumerian astrological observations. Boggles the mind that people actually believe we live on a walled disc.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

And yet long range photography totally debunks the assertion that the Earth possesses curvature, because photos of targets over 480km distant from the observation point have been seen clearly, a fact which is impossible if we indeed live on a spherical planet. If we lived on a spherical planet, those photographs simply couldn't exist.

Engineers do not account for Earth curvature when laying railway line or excavating canals, pilots do not have to continually nose down the aircraft to avoid flying off into 'space', water always finds & maintains its level & indeed many of the photos I allude to here & have incorporated in the thread which is linked in the OP demonstrate plane views of water over vast distances, which would be impossible to view if we lived on a spherical planet.

The guy who first entered the stratosphere, Auguste Piccard, stated that the Earth was flat, with an upturned edge running around it as a rim enclosing the oceans - Antarctica. The disinformation campaign alleging that we live on a spherical planet went into overdrive shortly after he made those initial observations, and after the expeditions of Admiral Byrd, as well as stratospheric testing of the firmament limitations of our world with Operation Fishbowl & similar.

The reason the fraud has been perpetrated is rooted in sinister occult shenanigans, NOT in true science. The world's people have been consistently duped for over ninety years with one fake after another, all done in the hopes of building up a wave of 'irrefutable' evidence that the Earth is a spherical planet & not a flat planar geologic realm enclosed in some sort of projection/singularity illusion. Sadly, most of the world's people believe the deceptions that are perpetrated by NASA & other space agencies, they cannot see the proper evidence laid out if one knows how to do the research.

edit on JulyFriday2317CDT06America/Chicago-050031 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: Mantiss2021

And yet long range photography totally debunks the assertion that the Earth possesses curvature, because photos of targets over 480km distant from the observation point have been seen clearly, a fact which is impossible if we indeed live on a spherical planet. If we lived on a spherical planet, those photographs simply couldn't exist.

Engineers do not account for Earth curvature when laying railway line or excavating canals, pilots do not have to continually nose down the aircraft to avoid flying off into 'space', water always finds & maintains its level & indeed many of the photos I allude to here & have incorporated in the thread which is linked in the OP demonstrate plane views of water over vast distances, which would be impossible to view if we lived on a spherical planet.

The guy who first entered the stratosphere, Auguste Piccard, stated that the Earth was flat, with an upturned edge running around it as a rim enclosing the oceans - Antarctica. The disinformation campaign alleging that we live on a spherical planet went into overdrive shortly after he made those initial observations, and after the expeditions of Admiral Byrd, as well as stratospheric testing of the firmament limitations of our world with Operation Fishbowl & similar.

The reason the fraud has been perpetrated is rooted in sinister occult shenanigans, NOT in true science. The world's people have been consistently duped for over ninety years with one fake after another, all done in the hopes of building up a wave of 'irrefutable' evidence that the Earth is a spherical planet & not a flat planar geologic realm enclosed in some sort of projection/singularity illusion. Sadly, most of the world's people believe the deceptions that are perpetrated by NASA & other space agencies, they cannot see the proper evidence laid out if one knows how to do the research.

Oh dear.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Just watch a spacex launch some time. You should see the curvature sometime in the first 5 minutes.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I believe it's a possibility. It was also an opportunity to make the US leadership look ridiculous by getting their knickers in a twist about a seemingly non-threatening balloon, blasting it out of the sky using missiles from fast jets, when an air rifle would have done the trick.

I took it the opposite. It was a demonstration that we have the ability to track these tiny, slow moving objects and neutralize them. It was demonstrated for several days and then shutdown. Message sent.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: inert

Better yet (because those who believe in a "Flat Earth" generally don't trust what they see from such launches), fly your own mission.

There are private companies that will haul your own camera up to the stratosphere so that you can view the photographic evidence of Earth's curvature for yourself. This can be digital stills, video, or, for the die-hard skeptic,

Black and white film-based still photos that the skeptic can develop at home, in their own, secure, darkroom.

If FITO is really serious in the belief that the Earth is flat, I can even refer them to such a flight contractor, who I've known for over 40 years. Headed the team I spoke of in my first post on this thread.

My experience is that flat earthers come up with lots of supposed evidence to support their claims....

But Never follow through and do their own experiments.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Not NASA, and not trolling as such, but my opinion is that it wasn't so much to gather information about America (or wherever else that balloon ended up) - there are plenty of high resolution satellites that can get that information, but to see what the US would do about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

because photos of targets over 480km distant from the observation point have been seen clearly, a fact which is impossible if we indeed live on a spherical planet.

So where are these photos? And where is proof that the distance was 480km. How was that distance measured? With a map? If so, what kind of projection did that map use? If not, how was the distance measured?

I often read claims like yours but where is your evidence? It's only in your head.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Not NASA, and not trolling as such, but my opinion is that it wasn't so much to gather information about America (or wherever else that balloon ended up) - there are plenty of high resolution satellites that can get that information, but to see what the US would do about it.
I thought there was more concern about communication signals collected than about visual imagery with the Chinese spy satellite? Which reminds me that of the hundreds of false conspiracy theories on ATS, there was one true conspiracy theory that the reasons the solar observatory was shut down and flooded with federal agents was because of something similar except on an observatory on a mountain instead of a balloon. Probably a chinese spy got access to the observatory and installed eavesdropping antennae and equipment, and they removed all that stuff and made up some obviously fake excuse for why they raided the observatory, about the janitor looking at dirty pictures. They don't need a team of government agents to shut down the observatory to deal with something like that.

Has Russia or China HACKED US solar observatory? FBI swarms NSO without reason

A SOLAR observatory which was shut down by the FBI without reason was due to foreign hacking and spying, conspiracy theorists have suggested online.
Most conspiracy theories are false, but since nothing about the official explanation makes any sense at all, the only conclusion a logical person can arrive at is there must be another explanation the officials are choosing to not reveal in public. Maybe the the spy balloon was collecting similar SIGINT to what was being collected at that observatory?

originally posted by: TDDAgain

because photos of targets over 480km distant from the observation point have been seen clearly, a fact which is impossible if we indeed live on a spherical planet.

So where are these photos? And where is proof that the distance was 480km. How was that distance measured? With a map? If so, what kind of projection did that map use? If not, how was the distance measured?

I often read claims like yours but where is your evidence? It's only in your head.
Ever hear of Atmospheric Refraction? We can add that to the long list of science concepts that flat earthers seem to be completely ignorant about. Because of atmospheric refraction, when the sun is low in the sky, we actually see it displaced from its actual position because the Earth's atmosphere bends the light rays, as this diagram indicates:

So flat earthers take this proof that there's optical physics going on in an atmospheric gradient, apply it to mountains, and ignore some other basic math like the elevation where the photo was taken, and claim it's proof the earth is flat. That claim has long been debunked (this video was posted last year) but Flat Earthers just ignore the debunk. Here's a video explaining the debunk for anybody who is curious.

Flat Earth 'evidence' That SHOWS CURVATURE

As the title says, the ironic thing about that so-called flat earth proof, is that it's actually proof of the earth's curvature when properly interpreted, as explained in the video.

I've never seen FlyInTheOintment post any rebuttal to the debunk of his proof. The very simple math may be too much to handle?

But I think the proof of how sailors can navigate using stars is more devastating to flat earth claims, especially the fact that the stars in the southern hemisphere are different from the stars in the northern hemisphere, and observing that requires zero math. There's just no model of the flat earth explaining how sailors have navigated for centuries using the stars, nor why the stars would be different in the southern hemisphere.

edit on 2023729 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Ever hear of Atmospheric Refraction?

Yes, I even wrote a longer post about it in a thread about super moon or blood moon.

Astonishing how far some go to keep their false world view alive. Thank you for pointing it out, I was not aware of that being used as "proof".

edit on 29.7.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join