It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India has got to get their "stuff" together..!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
India, If it wants to replace China as the world's technology manufacturer has got to get their crap together..!

While I'm not the one who jumps to conclusions, that gang-rape video which took place a couple of months ago has gone viral.

Looks very real and say what you will but, assaults upon women Indians or otherwise are just unacceptable and should be regarded as a serious offense to human kind regardless of origin..!

It's a shame that PM Nerendra Modi had to wait for the assault to became viral for him to take a stance on the issue despite the fact that said assault took place 2 months ago..!

www.bbc.com...

edit on 20-7-2023 by Vanux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vanux

I have real difficulties with India. I want to like it, but... the hygenic circumstances and the caste system makes it really difficult to see where they're claims to be super awesome are coming from.
Do we need to spread Yoga because India is so enlightened it's basically one gigantic manure pit?

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It’s weird because every Indian person that I’ve ever met has always been very nice, soft spoken, hard working, and so on. It does seem like they’re a lot less nice back in their home country. Most things you hear from over there are pretty rough and odd.
It’s funny how the left is always ready to call America the worst in every way, but if you look at virtually every damn country besides the US, just like India here, USA is light years ahead of them in virtually all social, economic, governmental standards.
Most other countries have insane racism, castes, oppression, lack of rights, actual slavery still going on. But let’s bitch about America, where these things have been minimized better than anywhere, ever.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

I think a lot of that with other countries is the most of the people still have respect for authority and manners. They haven't reached the level of 'me, me, me' mentality that is predominant in the US. We have more 'Karens' and 'Kevins' than anywhere else in the world.

I guess what I'm really saying is their 'place' is more set and accepted in their society. Overall, they are much more polite and friendly. Of course they still have their social issues and uprisings but you all know what I mean. And in India, their ways are much more gentle because that's the way they are raised. And having so darn many gods, every time one turns around they could be pissing one of their gods off so they live a life as if all the hundreds of gods are watching them, all the time.

edit on 5331202300000031bSat, 22 Jul 2023 10:08:53 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray
It’s funny how the left is always ready to call America the worst in every way, but if you look at virtually every damn country besides the US, just like India here, USA is light years ahead of them in virtually all social, economic, governmental standards.
Most other countries have insane racism, castes, oppression, lack of rights, actual slavery still going on. But let’s bitch about America, where these things have been minimized better than anywhere, ever.

Sorry to dissect your post but this part here demands more explanation and could be a thread all on it's own. But I believe that when things are so good, people aren't happy and can't seem to live contentedly. In fact, I'd say that most people are sabotaging their own good life. It's something that seems to be a hunger in mankind. They can't seem to live in peace, have common goals of meeting basic needs. Almost like there's this space in the brain labeled controversy that must be active at all times. The other is dissatisfaction.

This is where drugs and alcohol come in. WHY are so many people trying to 'escape' their great lives?

Drug Use and Substance Use Disorder
Among people aged 12 or older in 2021, 61.2 million people (or 21.9 percent of the population) used illicit drugs in the past year.

www.hhs.gov... html#:~:text=Drug%20Use%20and%20Substance%20Use,drugs%20in%20the%20past%20year.

And I'm going out on a limb here and say I believe the amount is much higher, like 30%.

So evidently, our lives aren't all that great or they are and we just don't know it. It seems many of us must experience the down sides of life in order to appreciate life without those negative issues.

And that's why I'm all for aliens kidnapping us and using us for hard slave labor at the age of 14, living on mealworms and water, in shacks with no beds and tree leaves for clothes and blankets, and mean cruel overlords beating us often and treating us like scum of the earth, for 5 years of our lives from age 14-19 so when we're all done with our term of hardship we'll appreciate a simple life where we are kind to each other, appreciate the basics and each other.

So, come on aliens, lets get this party started.

Ahhhhh, I feel better. Now, where was I....oh yeah, India.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

India has needed to get its 'stuff' together for decades now.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: stevieray

Sorry to dissect your post but this part here demands more explanation and could be a thread all on it's own. But I believe that when things are so good, people aren't happy and can't seem to live contentedly. In fact, I'd say that most people are sabotaging their own good life. It's something that seems to be a hunger in mankind. They can't seem to live in peace, have common goals of meeting basic needs. Almost like there's this space in the brain labeled controversy that must be active at all times. The other is dissatisfaction.

This is where drugs and alcohol come in. WHY are so many people trying to 'escape' their great lives?

Drug Use and Substance Use Disorder
Among people aged 12 or older in 2021, 61.2 million people (or 21.9 percent of the population) used illicit drugs in the past year.

www.hhs.gov... html#:~:text=Drug%20Use%20and%20Substance%20Use,drugs%20in%20the%20past%20year.

And I'm going out on a limb here and say I believe the amount is much higher, like 30%.

So evidently, our lives aren't all that great or they are and we just don't know it. It seems many of us must experience the down sides of life in order to appreciate life without those negative issues.

And that's why I'm all for aliens kidnapping us and using us for hard slave labor at the age of 14, living on mealworms and water, in shacks with no beds and tree leaves for clothes and blankets, and mean cruel overlords beating us often and treating us like scum of the earth, for 5 years of our lives from age 14-19 so when we're all done with our term of hardship we'll appreciate a simple life where we are kind to each other, appreciate the basics and each other.

So, come on aliens, lets get this party started.

Ahhhhh, I feel better. Now, where was I....oh yeah, India.

Very nice, totally agree.
While we have such a good life in the most fair, equality based country ever devised, instead of being thankful toward whatever entity is higher than us, and made it possible, so many among us have deemed themselves “gods” that must bitch and moan about the tiniest of minutiae.
Because of course we must demand perfection in our own terms, immediately.
The internet has certainly helped. Get on there and act the fool, and if you’re retardedly amusing enough, you get a million people watching you, and you may make money on it. Shazam, you’re a minor god whose demands and stupid ideas become doctrine to a gaggle of fools.
We used to call it navel gazing, like an actual moron sitting hunched over staring at their belly.
But now it generates money and violence on cue.
And it’s become the perfect vehicle to give the idiots and imbeciles power over the decent hard working people.
And guess what segment of society has latched onto it as a tool for social and political control ?
A clue - it ain’t the conservatives or GOP.

top topics

join