It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo To Klaus / Were Already Eating Bugs in South Carolina and the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We never had this issue before 2019 in several other states. We thought it was a local or state thing. It isn't!

Since our move to South Carolina in June 2017 we have had three major purges of food from our pantry. They are bugs that we thought were coming in from the outside of the home.

They aren't and I can prove it.

Weevils on Stored Grain

They are in the food well before we bought same. So after the 1st purge in 2019 we went out and bought professional plastic restaurant grade food containers for all rice, corn, noodles, flours and cereals.

These guys can bite right through cardboard and plastic. We are probably well over $50 in wasted food as our last purge was last week. All damage by living insects was inside a plastic sealed container. They are small like the size of a flea. They aren't Flour Beatles as these guys are black and small. They are Weevils. Who knows how they get oxygen to breath. My wife read on the internet that its now an entire USA issue

So today is Saturday July 15, 2023 at 12:11 EST and my wife showed me another box that was infested. She bought a box of Bisquick and it was loaded with the same living critters. All are inside another sealed plastic container. I would upload the picture but I have been unable to upload for months nor can I correct my Avatar. Is that another conspiracy? Ah, I fixed my Avatar. I didn't follow the instructions

I also now buy premade pizza dough at Publix. Darn stuff has same black things in the dough balls as what's in our pantry. I always buy the ones without the black things. One employee told me they were leftover spices. Sure dude. They just aren't moving. I went to Publix as my two restaurant grade $8 a pound gourmet pizza dough packages from Amazon also had bugs.

So I read that Klaus of the WEF said to eat bugs? Memo to Klaus; hey baby were already there in the USA as we are so progressive. Were also following that backwoods agenda but the Bud Light queen left the country.

So ATS, what say you?

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thought you were going to talk about carmine, it is a red powder made from a small little insect. Used in all sorts of cosmetics and foods.

Think your red meat is super fresh? Well it probably gets its fresh red hue because of the carmine additive.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

When we moved here I had a issue with the cheese and milk. It took me several months to adjust as it gave me da sheets. Meat especially beef is decent here.

Filet Mignon at $17.56 a pound at Food Lion. So for under $20 a lean grilled gourmet meal for two with your red stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

It's not coincidence that WEF is trying to sell bugs. Beelzebub is the 'lord of the flies' after all.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The bugs aren't poisonous. You can sift them out but of course not their poop. Your choice.

One thing I do is freeze grains and such when I first get them. It kills any larvae or bugs.

I think it's funny you bring this up because I was preparing a meal the other day and a freaking little larvae bug got fried up with my food. I pulled out the crispy critter but it caught me off guard. It's never happened before that I'm aware of. I have lived through the weevil and other such pest infestations and it's not ideal but it seriously isn't the worst case scenario. I guess it's all about what you're sensitive to and tolerant of. I'm not easily offended or put off by many things most people would barf over. Which I am very thankful for.

Mice or rats - COMPLETELY different story. I would never eat or handle foods that were touched and abused by them unless I was dying and I would still try to sterilize first even in a life or death situation. They piss all over everything and carry very bad germs.

edit on 2731202300000031bSat, 15 Jul 2023 12:30:27 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bought two big bags of bird seed to feed the many birds that frequent my property; both bags where full of weeviles. Had to check them.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I live with weevils in our grains, cereal, baking mixes, etc. are given. Freezing kills the larvae, and I also use food grade diatomaceous earth to control critters.

Just assume all products are infested or cross-contaminated and treat accordingly. Not even tightly sealed plastic containers can stop them, because they're already in the product; you're just transferring them to a new home.

P.S. None of the home remedies like mint leaves, etc. work; I've tried them all.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

I bought the generic food seed from Tractor Supply for years. In 2019 the birds stopped eating it cold turkey. Then the wasp larva began to appear in the unused seed inside yet again a sealed plastic container. I dumped all along the shoreline.

The birds and other animals must not like wasps as no one would touch the seed.

We have since flipped to ACE and everyone is happy again.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Thought you were going to talk about carmine, it is a red powder made from a small little insect. Used in all sorts of cosmetics and foods.

Think your red meat is super fresh? Well it probably gets its fresh red hue because of the carmine additive.

Yes, the Cochineal Beetle is a great way to poke fun at vegetarians who sometimes eat things with red food colouring.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I buy my meat by the 1/2 cow direct from the rancher, it's really good stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
BTW, everything we eat has bugs in it. Think of it as extra protein...lol, I don't mind little bugs, but I'm not ready for the full bug meal.

Nasty stuff we eat

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I buy my meat by the 1/2 cow direct from the rancher, it's really good stuff.

I am lucky enough to live near ranchers as well, grass-fed and everything. Buying a quarter steer and freezing it is one of the best ways to go in my area.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I am lucky enough to live near ranchers as well, grass-fed and everything. Buying a quarter steer and freezing it is one of the best ways to go in my area.

I bought a quarter once, and kind of felt I didn't get a good 1/2 of it, so I figured I get the whole half and then I got it all with no concerns. It also ends up a little under 5 bucks per pound too. I bought a used 5.5-foot top lid freezer for like 100 bucks that holds a good deal stacked in it. Then I have a front-face freezer that is like my working freezer. The hanging weight of my last cow was a little over 400 lbs. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There is no way to totally eliminate pests from foodstuff such as flour, pasta and rice.
Teeny tiny eggs, you see?

Same goes for yarn, especially yarn.
Every time I buy new flour or yarn, I freeze it for 48 hours before I pack it away.
It has helped immensely.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Ah, yes!!! The bird seed issue.
Used to get LOTS of moths from that.
I found that not using a totally sealed container helps.
And changing source.

ETA....now I remember! I used a big plastic garbage can with a lid to store the birdseed.
And dog food in another can of the same size....another notorious breeding ground of unwanted visitors.
edit on Sat Jul 15 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I haven't run into weevils myself, but I have had dealings with pantry moths and drugstore beetles—one in NC and the other in SC. The pantry moth situation was a several hundred dollar issue as I tend to store a lot of food, which was particularly devastating. The drug store beetles I found in an open box of Bisquick, once that was gone and wiped down with some Lysol, haven't seen any since. That being said, yes, we're all eating bugs at some point or another.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Seems to be more prevalent in the South versus the North. I wrote that we lost $50 of food. I am going to say its $100. But, the buggers don't go after the bread or the hamburger buns.

I had a loaf of regular white bread that we brought from Walmart last Thanksgiving for stuffing. It was on top of the bar in the basement. In May 2023 I finally tossed it outside to the birds. That's over six months!

It was in perfect condition as it was soft, NO mold, NO bugs.

Me wonders was in der.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You understand that this issue has nothing to do with klaus or democrates right?
It has everything to do with the republican government in sc and regulations at food factories.

Question is, are you going to keep voting for the current sc government? If the answer is yes, then you deserve what you get.

Notice I didn't say you should vote dem.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I didn't vote for anyone in 2020. I may not vote in 2024 either. The South now hates anything Democrat.

Your right about Pubs n bugs

new topics

top topics

join