It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANZ bank Australino longer dispensing cash via branch tellers at some branches.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
ANZ bank now has several branches, though they will not disclose which ones no longer dispenses vcash in the branch.

Instead people are referred to use atm machines for withdrawals though possibly limited to 1000 per day.

I’d think this seems like a move to a cashless society as a trial.

I have always considered Australia as a testing ground for worldwide policies.

7news.com.au...

edit on 4-7-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

It definitely a controlling action, but perhaps there are sound corporate financial reasons for doing so. After all isn't this a public entity?

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I hope the young kids in Australia do not use super glue and bits of plastic in the ATM machines like they are in the UK .

It is bloody annoying especially during the holidays and puts the machine out of order for days

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

could be they are counting on withdrawal fees from ATM's for more profits and not having to pay tellers to handle cash transactions that take time and will cut cost thus increasing profits.

win win for the greedy banksters.

edit on 4-7-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If there’s one certainty about fiat money, it’s that more can always be made.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I noted this tidbit in the article;

But as Australia’s banks move towards a cashless society, rural Australians are being left in the lurch.

Many rural Australians are making treacherous trips through winding mountain ranges to get to the nearest bank, taking days off work to manage their finances, and live in fear of being left behind if they cannot access cash.

oh wouldn't The System work better without all those rural people??? we can't we put them all in nice concrete block cities???
I suspect a lot of the NWO types are thinking this.

discourages private purchases. yard sales? produce stands? side jobs? tptb want nothing outside of their control.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Austraila, NZ, UK, US...Canada all have varying degrees ofnthe technocratic totalitarianism. Canada for example has been on a hard push to go cashless for a while now.

Canada adopted tap technology on debit cards long before the US. Though I feel they all hard adapted CCTV in public spaces at the same, post 9/11 time frame.

The sheep will follow, as they always do.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

You are likely correct, but this type of thing isn't limited to just banks and banksters. Many industries are cutting heads in favor of automation to increase profit margins. As long as it continues to work, and people tolerate its increasing utilization, then it will continue to increase.

Anymore, here in the US, it's almost impossible to get a live body with a pulse on the phone, find an attended parking lot or toll booth. Soon there will probably be an up-charge to check out with a person at the grocery store, and shortly after that your doctor visit will be 75% AI / IVR, 24% PA, and 1% with an actual MD.

And once the profits have been optimized down to the last 0.0000000001%, who do you think the winners and losers are? Not you and me, that's for sure!

Ain't automation great?

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Anymore, here in the US, it's almost impossible to get a live body with a pulse on the phone

it pretty much that way now and if you do get someone on the phone, it's usually somebody in a far away land with a male voice reading a script saying,
Hello my name is suzie, how may i be helping you.

Soon there will probably be an up-charge to check out with a person at the grocery store, and shortly after that your doctor visit will be 75% AI / IVR, 24% PA, and 1% with an actual MD.

i wouldn't doubt that, i do know that some doctors don't actually see their patients now. like my mom, when she has a heart doctors appointment, 9 times out of ten she doesn't get to talk to him, it's his PA and they charge the insurance and her copay as if she was seeing him.

now i'm kinda funny, if i'm paying to talk to someone i want to talk to them every time, not some computer, an assistant or somebody i can't hardly understand.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

They probably are counting on atm fees from other providers.

Though if I want to take out a few thousand, I can’t conveniently.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

The most annoying thing I have encountered is some retailers refuse and will not accept cash.

Though the only option is cardeft or credit, though the have a sign saying 5% card surcharge applies.

That’s just funked. She the customer has no choice.

I tell ‘em cash is legal tender and cannot be refused.
If they say sorry, I tell ‘em to go mate with themselves, and walk out.

top topics

join