It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avian flu and Peak Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Its agreed that China's explosive industralisation has accelerated the onset of Peak Oil so what could possibly be done to counter that? Release a disease that would likely occur in China that is easily transmittable and with a mortality rate of 75-80%.

Does any one suspect that avian flu could of been manufactured to stem Chinas growth?

When we see the outbreak of avian flu in Asia it can be explained away as resulting from the very close co-habitation in that area of the world between birds and humans. But what if it wasnt? Who would gain from decimating China's population?

Having China down to around 300 million people would reduce pressure on the worlds oil reserves and natual resources considerably. Now expand the death toll to disporportionally affect Asia and poorer people in the Western world and you have a nice delaying tactic to buy us a couple of decades more of cheap oil.

Theres means and motive for this folks. Is it really that hard to think that this could be intentional?

[edit on 10/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Something like Avian Flu would cause such a pandemic as to more likely wipe out a larger portion of the Global population than just the Chinese. However I suppose a smaller Global population means less oil consumtion.

The question I`d ask is if you were gonna go to all the bother of designing all these viruses would n`t it just be easier to come up with new sources of power?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
American companies are outsourcing in China in droves because of cheap labor--and China is keeping the U.S. economy afloat by helping finance a large chunk of our trade deficit by purchasing dollars and U.S. Treasury securities. Crippling the Chinese economy would mean hurting U.S. companies and sending our own economy into a tailspin.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
interesting you say AVIAN FLUE......specifically when it has now been shipped all over the world by accident.........this was all over the TV news today and this evening........
Interesting coincindence? more like SCAREY to me........

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wasnt the flu that was shipped all over the world the 1956 strain of the flu pandemic? I dont think it has anything to do with Avian Flu.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini

The question I`d ask is if you were gonna go to all the bother of designing all these viruses would n`t it just be easier to come up with new sources of power?

Valid question, but I think that it is somewhat easier to engineer a virus than to come up with a new source of energy. After all, the implications of the peak oil phenomenon are mainly a result of our innability to find a viable alternative to oil.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Paul, perhaps I should have said, would n`t it be easier to invest in those alternatives we already have available to us and make them more efficient and easier to use on a wide scale.

I still do not seriously believe that causing massive death is really a good strategy for control of oil

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
How isnt it?

The essence of Peak Oil is that demand outstrips supply. Killing off many millions of people in industrialised countries will directly reduce demand for oil.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yet still does n`t get round the problem of a limited supply. Also oil essentially remains in the control of huge multi national companies who need the money as do the governments who the companies pay their taxes to. Killing large swathes of the global population also kills large swathes of profit. Which I do not believe the greedy capitalists want....

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The multinational capitalist oil companies have a pretty small fraction of the world reserves, and it is declining sharply.

Almost all the oil is in the nationalized oil companies of the mideast, Venezuela and Russia.

They have much less efficient technology than the multinationals.

new topics

top topics

join