It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE WEAPONIZATION OF CISA: --- AKA --- Hot Off the Press...wait, what?

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Move as needed

No spin from me this round except to say now that given the topic, the recent happenings in certain areas of Political "Theater" being played by the media, there is a possibility that this will be a big nothing burger but based on what i have skimmed so far, it is BIG
Funny timing for "the big guy" to be touting 40 million on new internet...just what the people need...SMH

House Committee Chairman Jim Jordan
Ranking Committee Member Stacey Plaskett

House Committee Membership

THE WEAPONIZATION OF CISA:
HOW A “CYBERSECURITY” AGENCY COLLUDED WITH BIG TECH
AND “DISINFORMATION” PARTNERS TO CENSOR AMERICANS

“One could argue we’re in the business of critical infrastructure, and the
most critical infrastructure is our cognitive infrastructure, so building that
resilience to misinformation and disinformation, I think, is incredibly important.”
– CISA Director Jen Easterly, November 10, 2021.

CISA Director Jen Easterly

The Committee on the Judiciary and the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of
the Federal Government have been conducting an investigation into government-induced
censorship on social media. Although the investigation is ongoing, information obtained to date
has revealed that the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)—an upstart
agency within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—has facilitated the censorship of
Americans directly and through third-party intermediaries.

Department of Homeland Security Uses Twitter for Monitoring Citizens : 2013
Social Media Surveillance by the U.S. Government : Jan. 2022
Leaked Documents Outline DHS’s Plans to Police Disinformation : Oct. 2022

Founded in 2018, CISA was originally intended to be an ancillary agency designed to
protect “critical infrastructure” and guard against cybersecurity threats.3 In the years since its
creation, however, CISA metastasized into the nerve center of the federal government’s domestic
surveillance and censorship operations on social media

This interim staff report details, among other things, that:
• CISA is “working with federal partners to mature a whole-of-government approach” to
curbing alleged misinformation and disinformation.8
• CISA considered the creation of an anti-misinformation “rapid response team” capable of
physically deploying across the United States.9
• CISA moved its censorship operation to a CISA-funded non-profit after CISA and the
Biden Administration were sued in federal court, implicitly admitting that its censorship
activities are unconstitutional.10
• CISA wanted to use the same CISA-funded non-profit as its mouthpiece to “avoid the
appearance of government propaganda.”11
• Members of CISA’s advisory committee agonized that it was “only a matter of time
before someone realizes we exist and starts asking about our work

Well, now the whole world knows, I wonder how they will spin this?

Page 9:

The Committee and Select Subcommittee have obtained previously undisclosed, nonpublic documents that reveal CISA expanded its mission to surveil Americans’ speech on social media, colluded with Big Tech and government-funded third parties to censor by proxy, and tried to hide its plainly unconstitutional activities from the public.

In January 2021,afterPresident Biden took office, “CISA transitioned its [CFITF] to
promote more flexibility to focus on general MDM,” or so-called “Mis-, Dis-, and
Malinformation.”60 In so doing, CISA admitted that its focus was no longer exclusively on
“countering foreign influence,” but was also targeting MDM originating from domestic sources.

There is so much more....
Is the proverbial "honeypot" , the US version of Prigozhin to try and root out the "bad elements"
Or is this the real deal, election fraud, 1st Amendment Violations, Sockpuppets ect.

Hopefully all those Constitutionalist here will rail just as hard against these 1A violations as they do about their precious guns

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Lets suppose, for argument sake, that they are every bit as malicious as we believe. That they violate Americans civil rights on a daily basis.

Now what?

Who is getting fined, personally?
Who is going to jail?
Where are the real world impacts of this never to be done again?

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh look i found the spin

Conclusion:

In 2019, CISA’s Chief Counsel claimed: “We are not law enforcement and we’re not the
intelligence community.”162 In theory, the statement is accurate. CISA is not a law enforcement
agency and is not authorized to act as an intelligence agency. But, in practice, that is how CISA
has behaved, arrogating to itself the authority to conduct surveillance of Americans on social
media. CISA expanded its unconstitutional practice by developing an elaborate social media
censorship apparatus spanning multiple organizations, in order to facilitate the censorship of
Americans’ political speech both directly and by proxy. There is no constitutionally viable legal
authority that allows CISA to engage in this or any other kind of censorship. Thus,not only does
CISA’s conduct violate the First Amendment, it also disregards the basic principle of the
separation of powers
, which prohibits agencies from acting outside of their congressionally
delegated sphere.163
As Suzanne Spaulding, the former CIA legal advisor and MDM Subcommittee member,
presaged, it was “only a matter of time before someone realizes we exist and starts asking
about”164 CISA’s repeated violations of the First Amendment.
CISA’s attempts to cover up its
surveillance and censorship operations will not rectify the damage inflicted on the American
people by government-induced censorship. Neither CISA’s scrubbing of its website, nor the
Biden Administration’s stalling of records requests can conceal the true nature of CISA’s work
in “combating MDM.”
CISA must be reined in, as must the Biden Administration’s “whole-of-government”
approach to social media censorship. Every American has the right to express his or her opinion
online, and to receive information from others. Government classifications of opinions as
“misinformation” or “disinformation” do not nullify the First Amendment’s guarantees. A free
and democratic society is impossible under a government that acts as the ultimate arbiter of truth
in political discourse. To better inform legislative efforts to end government censorship on the
Internet and protect Americans’ rights guaranteed by the First Amendment, the Committee and
Select Subcommittee will continue to investigate the extent of CISA’s and other Executive
Branch agencies’ interactions with social media platforms.

They have their scapegoat, now back to our regularly scheduled programing

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Fines, # no
there should be angry mobs with tar and feathers, minimum
But no one pays normal citizens to go out and protest, that's just for the special interest groups

AS this report just came out today, im sure it will never see media spotlight and much the HSGAC report on hunter Biden and Burisima, it will get buried for years

Edit, correction, Fox is spinning it
House Weaponization Committee: Biden admin 'colluded'
edit on 26pm30900000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   

CISA is a weapon. They can spin and twist all they want. We're not stupid.

They believe our thoughts are cognitive infrastructure that they need to regulate.

You can find more in a thread I did a little while ago.

Missouri v Biden

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I'm a little confused .

is it Internet access for everyone or it is Free Internet access for everyone ?

I mean every household comes with Power hook ups and Water Access but you still have to pay for it . Are they suggesting that Internet is needed more than Power and Water ?

That can't what this is all about .

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

How else are they going to listen to you on your smart toaster, fridge, oven, TV, speakers, laptop, cell phone, door bell, Childrens toys… if you don’t have internet?

I mean come on, give big brother a brake!

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

well, as the OP points out below that comment
he has been using said internet to spy on americans, spread false information, violate the 1st amendment, and rig elections, among other things, it an interesting report that you should read.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   

CISA... Even though Trump fired the Director...

www.npr.org...

Still corrupt to the core.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The irony being that trump would be banned from social media just weeks later

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

edit on 6/27/23 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

• CISA considered the creation of an anti-misinformation “rapid response team” capable of
physically deploying across the United States.

Well that is certainly interesting.

I wonder if such a thing was ever implemented, or is in place for 2024.

What would their purpose be?
Providing a physical response to MDM, law enforcement, collecting and covering up evidence, covert ops, harassment?

edit on 27-6-2023 by IndieA because: Added thoughts

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

physically deploying across the United States.

Well that is certainly interesting.

I wonder if such a thing was ever implemented, or is in place for 2024.

What would their purpose be?
Providing a physical response to MDM, law enforcement, collecting and covering up evidence, covert ops, harassment?

So, they could come knocking on my door then? They'd better have an official warrant issued by one of our local judges then, otherwise, this is private property that is posted along the road and when you enter the driveway. If they try to monitor my WiFi signal in a van on the road, I'll have to shut my devices off then power up that boot on my CB and start yakking it up. I think they will have a hard time of it when I become "CB A-hole", them and my neighbors, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Privacy is such an obsolete concept at this point.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

I was also wondering the same things.
Now we have reports of "masked" federal agent provocateurs staging protest/counter protests but it could even be more sinister than that.
Crisis actors, planting evidence
Where, when, how were they deployed is still an unknown

Edit to add :

edit on 27am30900000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FishsticksAndKetchup
Privacy is such an obsolete concept at this point.

No.

Privacy will always be relevant.

You and I, have a constant right to protect our passwords, bank account numbers, and other personal information.

Clearly, governments also value privacy and the ability to keep secrets secure.

I recently told my Chinese TV that it couldn't record the audio for everything I watch and disconnected it from the internet.

I have an ongoing policy of not participating in any data sharing programs.

edit on 27-6-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the information.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

If the internet is "free" for everyone, it's not free for anyone.

new topics

top topics

join