It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidentally got a new dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

We've been thinking about adopting a cat if one would ever present itself. I like tigers and have seen a few strays or feral cats but they took off the minute they saw you. One was taken in by a neighbor and prowls our birdfeeders which I scare off when i see it. Its a little tiger with white feet. One big gray tiger was run over up the road and i assume they were related.
Well on our street I saw a dead kitten which had been hit. Its a pretty quiet street and it go hit at night apparently. It was a tiger, too bad. I guess its not to be.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Good on you!!
Border Collies are the best !!!

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I accidentally got a new dog once. I walked into a gas station and a guy had a pullover on and a tiny puppy inside it, on his chest. Through small talk I learned that his neighbor's dog had a litter and no one could take care of them. They had given away all the other puppies and this guy was the last one. He has just stopped to get gas on the way to the pound to drop him off.

I took him home, instead. I thought he'd be a good new friend for my 4 year old niece. . . til his mom said, "heck no!". So I was stuck with a new dog named "Dexter".

He was a good looking dog. The vet said he looked like a "golden-doodle." He was really smart and followed me everywhere for years. He became my best friend.

It's been 4 years now since he died from cancer and I still think about him everyday and miss him a lot.

I hope your new friend becomes as close to you a Dexter did to me.
edit on 23-6-2023 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm sure your busy with him, but when you have time, I'm sure we would all love to see a picture of him.

I know I would.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That there brings a tear to this old man's eyes. I had an uncle that had a major pack of dogs that people had dumped out where he lived. There is a special place for people that do that and it ain't heaven.

All my cats are rescues. Little Bird is from the mean streets of Flint, HoobaGary's dad came home on night and dropped dead. Cleophas the feral was an injured kitten that showed up. A special bunch.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Poor beastie! I'm glad he fell into your very kind hands.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm sure your busy with him, but when you have time, I'm sure we would all love to see a picture of him.

I know I would.

Seconded!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What he said!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks Dave and spouse!

You two are awesome and I love you even more for this.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

And this is the reason I went back to school to get my Ca JD Degree and work within animal rights/welfare. People who mistreat animals need to be put in a stretching machine, doused in popcorn kernels and then have hot scolding oil poured on them. I really can say, that some humans make me sick to my stomach. I can watch a human suffer, I cannot bear to watch a innocent animal being abused.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I like animals. I tolerate people......barely.

Yes couldn't have said it better.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Got a very busy rescued border collie on his 2nd collar from hell. We did borrow the first one from his Doberman friend which obviously was a mistake. However he still herds us painfully, and has caught gophers so is pretty adroit

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley
Got a very busy rescued border collie on his 2nd collar from hell. We did borrow the first one from his Doberman friend which obviously was a mistake. However he still herds us painfully, and has caught gophers so is pretty adroit

Awww.... poor lil' guy! But what a genius to figure out how to get a gopher while wearing that!

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I have a mental picture of him dropping head over the hole and using it like a plunger. Lol

And OP, you and your new lovely dog, you both got lucky!
Much respect.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

They are indeed! You have to keep their brains busy to keep them healthy. It's a commitment. Otherwise, they might just try to change the oil in your car or fix the vacuum.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Love border collies, so sweet. Good for you.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Good for you

A few years ago 4 this December I got into a car and was driven to a dog pound when I protested I did not want a dog I got told to shut up and in a pen was this Shetland /border collie mix he was starved and had sores all over his legs and stinking was a understatement , the locals call this place the animal autsshwitz the owner is horrible .

Within a few weeks he was back to what he should have been and is the nicest cuddliest and super friendly dog you could wish for , it was not me who saved the dog it was the dog who is saving me getting me out more to exercise

Ps he is called Muttley after a cartoon from the 70s

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join