It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not a story yet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I am thinking about a version of 'Pretty Woman' more appropriate to the current zeitgeist + state of affairs

So there's this guy with a migration background from Greece who learned early: you're nothing without money. Went out to follow this dream and earned his way towards this own business as pork fat wholesaler.
One of his customer's daughter classical, rich, entitled, not so pretty, elitist through and through takes a liking on him. He's flattered of course, business ain't going so great, highly motivated by money, he enters a whole new world.
The end is going to be how he goes on a vacation with his betrotten and five of her friends, carrying their bags, holding all of their doors open, charming everybody and every night he gets passed around from room to room.

I mean that's not a happy end but that's more realistic this way.
For comedic levity there could be a montage how the years go by and every morning and every night you see him fall over the expensive but crazy ugly and wavey carpet.
A social criticism comment on modern marriage. Maybe she also abuses and beats him? I'm not sure yet.
And as title something catchy like 'For the Love of Money'

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I like it!

www.celtx.com...

new topics

join