It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the "fruit" a believer produces is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So it is a common misconception that the "fruit" a Christian produces is the fruit of the Spirit, and that we must bear fruit in order to be saved....

This does make me wonder why people who say that, don't even know what the fruit is...

There are 4 types of fruit in scripture, the fruit of the Spirit, the fruit a woman makes with her hands, the fruit of the lip, and the fruit of bearing children and/or the fruit of the righteous....

Now if you want I can provide scripture for all those, but I will just focus on the fruit of the righteous...

Now in the NT specifically, well over 90% of the time, when it speaks of the fruit, it is referring to the fruit of the righteous...

So what is "the fruit of the righteous"???

Well the answer is literally found in the 1st book of the Bible, so God says go forth be "fruitful" and multiply, and everything brings forth after it's own kind...

Yes I know the fruit there is bearing children...

Please stay with me here because this should be edifying!!!

Did you ever wonder why in almost every epistle Paul wrote, he calls those who he won to Christ as Sons and Daughters of the faith???

Here is some scripture about that:

1 Timothy 1:2
2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 4:14
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

So these are just a couple, I can give more if you'd like???

So why did Paul call those whom he won to Christ as Sons and Daughters???

Because this is the fruit, the fruit we bear is other Christians...

Proverbs 11:30
30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Look at what Paul says in his letter to the Romans...

Romans 1:13-15
13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.
14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Notice in verse 13 Paul's say he wants some "fruit" among them, so what is he going to do, to get fruit from among them???

Well in verse 15 he is going to preach the Gospel to them...

Now look what Peter says in this verse:

2 Peter 1:8
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Notice it says "barren" and "unfruitful"....

What do you call a women who is unable to have children???

Barren right??? Well they go hand in hand, if you aren't winning people to Christ you are barren and unfruitful...

Now consider this verse...

Matthew 13:8
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Do you really think this is talking about the "fruit of the Spirit" here???

Love joy peace, are not numeric values... But if you were to say I won 100 people to the Lord, or 30, or 60, that would make sense...

This is the last verse I'll share look what Paul says to the Galatians...

Galatians 4:19-20
19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
20 I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

So the reason Paul wrote Galatians is in defense of the Gospel, because Pharisees had come in and said you have to believe plus the works of the law, Paul says this is false and he is in doubt about their salvation...

Interesting he says must I travail in birth again???

Because the fruit is other Christians, that's why you are able to tell false prophets by their fruits, yes they bear fruit its just corrupt fruit...

Anytime a harvest, or a vine, or farming analogies are mentioned with bearing fruit, it's all talking about other people... Everytime...

Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and he who when his souls is wise...

Remember after all it is the Great Commission!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here is one you missed.
How can you tell the difference between a lemon and a lime tree?

Luke 6:43-45

““For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit, for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6‬:‭43‬-‭45‬ ‭ESV‬‬

This is from the context of Jesus teaching loving your enemies and Judging others. Then it goes into the difference of building house on sand vs rock

Jesus also talks about lighting a lamp and then covering it up. Say no one would do that.

It seems like some basic observations, I don’t see Jesus relying on a score card system to define ones ranking in the kingdom. He talks about the believers being many parts of one body, with the head no great then the foot.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

"It seems like some basic observations,"

It does seem like basic observations for sure, that's why it's a shame to see so many people conflate having to bear fruit as proof of salvation, when they don't know what the fruit being referenced throughout the NT even is... They either think it's good works of some kind, repenting of sin , or fruit of the spirit...

"I don't see Jesus relying on a score card system to define ones ranking in the kingdom. He talks about the believers being many parts of one body, with the head no great then the foot."

I don't see Jesus needing to "rely" on a scoring system either, but there will be those whose Earth ministries have produced fruit, and others not so much and they will suffer loss according to scripture... I guess if you did have a ranking system in heaven, it would just be a list of haves, and have nots....

As far as we are of one body yes... Contextually speaking that is talking about individuals spiritual gifts on this Earth...

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThyJudgeCometh

You need to reread the sermon on the mount
You think and act as if you are saved by works righteousness and ability, that you deserve salvation if you strive for it
You think people turn to the lord based on human effort not spiritual effort

Is a person condemned to hell if they don’t lead others to Jesus, without providing God the fruit you claim as evidence?
Works righteousness is not christianity
Everything a Christian does should be motivated by love not force

Not sure I believe you fully understand your bible

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeah friend you missed it, not once in my post did I say you had to do any of that for salvation, I was simply stating the fruit is other people you've won to Christ most of the time fruit appears in the NT...

I agree with the rest of your post, I'm free grace!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I didn’t miss it, it’s not there
The Holy Spirit prompts people into faith, through conviction of sin
God draws mankind to Himself

The great commission is to make “disciples” not converts
There is a huge difference

You make Christianity work based as opposed to faith based.
You have no scriptural evidence outside of tenuous verses woven into some biased interpretation.
Your understanding is not scriptural and has never been.
I use to think the same myself but biblically, it’s not supported and your evidence isnt solid enough to justify your argument

You really want to do the work of God, follow scripture, then find a find a new convert, love them, care for them, guide them in their new walk, show them Gods love and be committed to disciple them

Winning people to Christ?
Discipleing new believers into committed and loving caring followers of Christ

Just spend some time considering it

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

"I didn't miss it, it's not there The Holy Spirit prompts people into faith, through conviction of sin God draws mankind to Himself"

I'm confused, yes the Holy Spirit reproves the world of sin, but a preacher has to give them the Gospel which the Bible calls the power to salvation...

Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

But friend, there also must be a preacher...

Romans 10:14-15
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

"The great commission is to make "disciples' not converts There is a huge difference"

Yeah clearly as I've shown, it's preaching the Gospel, Baptizing, and making disciples...

"You make Christianity work based as opposed to faith based."

Does it take work to disciple someone??? Yes it does...

Also to claim I'm making Christianity works based is a ridiculous accusation, once again you don't have to do any of this to be saved, even after you are saved you don't have to... It's all by faith...

"You have no scriptural evidence outside of tenuous verses woven into some biased interpretation."

Interpret this verse for me...

proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who winneth souls is wise...

"You really want to do the work of God, follow scripture, then find a find a new convert, love them, care for them, guide them in their new walk. show them Gods love and be committed to disciple them"

People have to hear the Gospel to believe friend, this is weird....

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   

No, what’s weird is you telling people they have to win souls to get to heaven

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Do you have reading comprehension issues or something??? Argue just to argue???

I completely reject the idea that you have to win souls to get to heaven, I never said that nor do I believe it...

new topics

top topics

join