It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexei Navalny has Request for Pet kangaroo Denied by Prison Authorities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Alexei Navalny is currently imprisoned in a maximum-security penal colony at Melekhovo where the Russian opposition leader and now political prisoner is serving a 9 year sentence , things are grim at the prison so in accord with prison rules Alexei has made a request to prison authorities for a pet ... a kangaroo , sadly for Alexei this request has been denied but the fight goes on.

And here is the most important and egregious thing. I just can't let this pass. According to the Internal Regulations, a convict is allowed to keep an animal with the permission of the administration.

I officially demanded to be issued a permit to keep an animal - a kangaroo. I was refused due to the fact that a kangaroo is a double-crested marsupial, and such animals are prohibited in the SHIZO. I will continue to fight for my inalienable right to have a kangaroo.

Mr Navalny also saw his requests for a permit to keep a May beetle (which I guess flew into his cell) denied along with these other perfectly reasonable requests.

When you are in the SHIZO and don't have many options of entertainment, you can always amuse yourself through correspondence with the prison administration. Here are some of the responses to my inquiries I received from IK-6:

1. "In response your request, we inform you: no, two packs of tobacco, a bottle of moonshine, and a balalaika cannot be issued to you in the SHIZO."

2. "In response to your request, we inform you: nunchucks and a bo staff cannot be issued to you in the SHIZO."

3. "In response to your request to give the psycho in the cell across the hall from yours a megaphone so that he can yell even louder, we inform you that the megaphone cannot be issued to a convict in the SHIZO."

4. "The kimono and black belt you requested cannot be issued to you in the SHIZO."

5. "In response to your request to award the 10th dan in karate to your fellow inmate who killed a man with his bare hands, we inform you that the issue of awarding martial arts qualification ranks is not handled by the administration of the penal institution."

6. "In response to your request to provide your squad leader with a massage chair for stress relief, we inform you that we do not have a massage chair."

7. "We cannot tell you the names of the service dogs" (they also explained to me verbally that if I learned the names of the dogs, I could befriend them and use that for an escape).

8. "In response to your request for clarification as to whether you need a permit to keep a May beetle, we inform you that said insect belongs to the animal kingdom and cannot be issued to you."
twitter.com...

Chin up Alexei , perhaps next time try for a Wallaby , it'll take up less room.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   
He should say he's training to be a Locksmith when he gets out and ask for all the tools so he can practice....and a set of bolt cutters just in case .

Or a Sculpter. Ask for a hammer and chisel.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Are we supposed to know who Alexei Navalny is?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Are we supposed to know who Alexei Navalny is?

Yes , I wrote it in the OP.

the Russian opposition leader and now political prisoner is serving a 9 year sentence

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I think the poor sod might have better luck simply asking for a cockroach as a pet.

After all Melekhovo is not exactly in short supply of those.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Pretty much Putin's political opposition tin paled for his troubles.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

After all Melekhovo is not exactly in short supply of those.

Or rats apparently , although I guess everyone there has cockroach's and rats so why not try to buck the trend.

Have to admire a man who can keep his sense of humour in a place like that , the request for the names of the service dogs and the reason given for the denial made me chuckle though.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Have to admire a man who can keep his sense of humour in a place like that

Oh, a doff my hat to the fellow.​​

That place looks scary in the extreme and then some.

top topics

join