It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They want to Retro Charge for Student Loan Interest during Covid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Glad my loans have been paid off for a while now.

I have an opinion on the forgiveness piece; however, the no-interest deferred payment situation is another matter. To go back on that now, when they were the ones who shut the country down, you would be looking at riots over something like that. It's a cheap bad move, just because no one in Washington knows how to balance a budget.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: JAGStorm

Glad my loans have been paid off for a while now.

I have an opinion on the forgiveness piece; however, the no-interest deferred payment situation is another matter. To go back on that now, when they were the ones who shut the country down, you would be looking at riots over something like that. It's a cheap bad move, just because no one in Washington knows how to balance a budget.

They know how to steal your money using our government as a means. Balancing the budget for these assholes is an after thought. It is in melt down range now because so many government dynasties are on the chopping block for exposure starting with the head clown in charge and moving down to, well everywhere else.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   
forgiveness pound sand, if they get 20k loan forgiveness, everybody that took care of business should get a 20k check in compensation for not drinking their way through their school time, or breaking their body in the military to pay for their school.

no interest garnered for the life of the loan fine I am ok with that considering the pandemic mess they made of the economy, catch being with every single govt program no matter how noble it seems it will eventually be expanded and never ended.

Lastly for "free" college that doesnt involve military or some other form of service, who will pay the teachers salaries, who will pay for building upkeep, who will pay for books and materials, who will pay for the power, and water, heat and air for the schools?

Tax payers, both those who went to school and those that didnt, gee thats fair...

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Why should a student who wants to be educated have to pay for it?

Who'll pay the teachers? Same people who pay senators and army sargeants and politicians.
Student has no choice but to take out that loan. Its a predatory system it needs changing.

What a way to start out in life.

Education should be free. Its another control system leaving you with a debt.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Why should a person who wants to eat, pay for food? Why should a person have to honor their commitments?

Why do you believe college is the only path to success? It’s not. It’s more status than education. How many get degrees in areas like liberal arts, that are relatively easy to get thru, but hard to translate into a career because of the competition?

I went from minimum wage at the age of 15 to a six figure salary when I retired. I have no college. I worked various industries because of all the crap that was going on in the 80’s and being laid off due to downsizing. It was tough to raise a family. I’m sorry, I forgot that kind of statement doesn’t cut it with you.

You are correct, the education system is predatory, banks are predatory, the government is predatory, what’s your point?
By the way, in the US a basic education of 12 years is “free” paid for by taxpayers. That’s all you need to get along in this world. if you want something extra, you have to pay for it.

Why are you so bent on me paying for something you want? I already pay for what you need. I want a new car why should I force you to pay for it?

The student has a choice of multiple paths to take, many times they make a bad choice, and rack up mountains of debt. If you want study Aztec pottery or poetry that’s well and good, but good luck finding a well paying job because there aren’t that many.

What a way to start out in life, demanding strangers to pay for your bad choices. That’s the definition of entitlement. Bailouts are predatory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join