It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alien Invasion with Peaceful Intentions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm just wondering :

If Aliens landed in about 4 or 5 major cities in the world, at around teatime on Saturday night, and they had already pre-arranged a live TV meeting with various world leaders and they came and they looked humanoid, kind of attractive even, and spoke our language and promised peace and love and 'clean up' techology, free energy etc etc -

how many people would actually even give a damn?.....how many people would TOTALLY love it...!!!

Let's face it we'd all go back to work on Monday wouldn't we - I mean we'd be hooked to the TV for 'news' but seriously would there be ANY kind of social complications whatsoever ?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I dont know about you, but I'll think its a conspiracy by NWO.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainhemmingway
Let's face it we'd all go back to work on Monday wouldn't we - I mean we'd be hooked to the TV for 'news' but seriously would there be ANY kind of social complications whatsoever ?

Nice post, and welcome to ATS.

You mean after the world wide party?

Seriously, I don't see it happening this way. Disclosure would have to be planned. To just land open the door and say Hi, would be too much of a shock.

But lets say it did happen, everyone knows, without a doubt. I think for many of us it could change our view of the world. Yes we would continue to go to work and pay our bills. But I imagine there would be a movement across the globe to unite. IMO, this is why the governments don't want this to happen, because they would loose their grip on us.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It would sound great if it happened, but a lot of people would be very suspicious of it, thats for sure! I would be very suspicious!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well, there isn't much any of us could do. I bet we'd got to work, although it's possible holidays might be declared, and people would en masse stay home to watch the news, interviews, etc. We'd get back real fast because, really, they're talking to the leaders, and the news anchors, not the corporate slave.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It would remind me of that Twilight Zone episode where the aliens landed at the UN and all over the world, brought us peace and technology to harness all the energy we wanted and to produce all the crops we needed to feed the entire world.

Then we translated the title of the book they left at the UN, which was "To Serve Man." They thought that was all nice until they realized it was a cook book! The aliens were fattening us up and flying us on "vacations" to their planet only to eat us! lol

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13They thought that was all nice until they realized it was a cook book! The aliens were fattening us up and flying us on "vacations" to their planet only to eat us! lol

Oh, so that was the parody for that Simpsons episode!

I always knew it was from something, could'nt quite remember exactly what!

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I suppose it would all depend on when exactly teatime on Saturday is. If it corresponds with beer-thirty then it might work.

But no, I wouldn't go to work. I would telepathically request an interview with the aliens and clue them in on the less than benevolent leaders we have on this space rock. If they decline I'll know their intentions are not good. At that point, I'll impliment Operation Get-Away-From-Major-Cities.

If they accept my request, then it's a whole new ball game. I'll request a more formal meeting offworld to discuss strategies for bringing about their peaceful mission without undue interference by those that call themselves our leaders.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If such a thing happened, and I were the president of the U.S.A , I would be trying to get Mars ready for inhabiting as quickly as possible, incase the aliens try to attack.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
It would remind me of that Twilight Zone episode where the aliens landed at the UN and all over the world, brought us peace and technology to harness all the energy we wanted and to produce all the crops we needed to feed the entire world.

Then we translated the title of the book they left at the UN, which was "To Serve Man." They thought that was all nice until they realized it was a cook book! The aliens were fattening us up and flying us on "vacations" to their planet only to eat us! lol

WOW thats scary man! I just said that exact thing in another thread this morning!

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To remind everyone of the original post "An Alien Invasion with Peaceful Intentions". So lets assume that their intentions are genuine.

Imagine how much knowledge that would be gained. They may know of other civilizations, and could tell us about their own. It would be equivalent of learning the entire history of our planet. They may also be able to explain some of the mysteries we haven't solved. Science would be advanced in leaps and bounds.

Soon there would be degrees available in colleges in Alien Civ. and Intergalactic Travel, to name a few. Maybe NASA would be given blueprints to build a new fleet of spacecraft, and have missions to God knows where.

I for one think it would be Earth shattering. But for those who don't care, they could continue to live however they want. But for the children to come, their lives would probably be entirely different.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think the thing government will do is to bomb the hell out of them or accept their peace but don't make known to public.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
They more than likely would not name it an "Invasion" if it were on peaceful terms. Possibly a Visitation or Coming Out of the Closet party.

ZDZ

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So when is the party starting

top topics

join