It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford Joining Budweiser

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You mean the ones that get offended by everything, can't tell me what a women is, and demand you "include" them or they will "cancel" you? Oh wait, that's the left sorry

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

You mean the ones that get offended by everything, can't tell me what a women is, and demand you "include" them or they will "cancel" you? Oh wait, that's the left sorry

Both political sides seem to go off the rails so start pointing both fingers in two different directions.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

they will "cancel" you? Oh wait, that's the left sorry

This is rich. In a thread about canceling gay trucks and beer.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Boycott, not cancel

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Plenty of savings to pay for the immediate dealer paintjob.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Boycott, not cancel

And the point of boycotting is...

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

My F-150 is 29years old, I this whole deal makes me want to sell it

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Boycotting is an expression of protest.

Cancel is for "shaming"

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Boycotting is an expression of protest.

Cancel is for "shaming"

Nope boycotting and cancelling may or may not achieve the same result.

Cancel culture is a phrase contemporary to the late 2010s and early 2020s used to refer to a culture in which those who are deemed to have acted or spoken in an unacceptable manner are ostracized, boycotted or shunned.
Wikipedia
edit on q00000014531America/Chicago4646America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Look, again this came about because of insulting social media posts. Ford went with this as a response. What I don't understand is why the outrage now? Just because someone made a video specifically pandering to you that they knew would outrage you? If it was such a huge ordeal, wouldn't you have heard about either this vehicle or the other one shown from 1998?

Now people are going on and on about "forced" beliefs. If you didn't know about it, nothing was forced, that's for sure. The only thing forced on you is coming from your fear mongering video.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If you're painting something like this, at least make it attractive. Who puts a rainbow on mustard yellow?

It's like Adidas putting their women's swimsuit on a physically obvious male-bodied trans model.

It's just not quite working.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If you're painting something like this, at least make it attractive. Who puts a rainbow on mustard yellow?

It's gold though.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
What I don't understand is why the outrage now? Just because someone made a video specifically pandering to you that they knew would outrage you?

That's exactly it. Some YouTube MAGAquackadoodle took an old video and pretended like it's new to melt the snowflakes.

If you want to lose all faith in humanity, go read the comments on the YouTube video.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The pictures make it look like the mustard yellow. If it's gold, it's either a bad picture or a bad shade. Either way, I don't care for it as a backdrop color.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

So you're saying that companies have to start advertising to every single group that exists? I don't know of any company that has that much budget for their marketing departments.

Should all companies just stick to advertising to trailer trash rednecks?

I hate to break it to you, but queer folk exist and they don't have to hide anymore. Companies are going to include them in their advertising.

Watch I’ll guess the target demo for F-series:

F-Series pickup target demographic is a straight male working or middle class individual working in trades, construction, landscaping, etc. and similar individuals who own companies that buy small fleets / multiple trucks for the company. The target demographic probably leans slightly Latino compared to average overall population.

Then looking it up for real from Ford marketing data:

“The average age of the new F-150 buyer is 55. It may not be too surprising that about 16% of new Ford F-150 owners are female/84% male. About three-quarters of all new Ford F-150s are purchased by white males, although Hispanic buyers account for 22% of total incremental growth of new F-150 sales.”

None of viewing this as a poor marketing decision has anything to do with any individual, it has to do with who is already known to be the primary purchasers of F-series pickup trucks.

Since Ford provides the average age of purchaser, 55, we can derive that no more than approximately 2.7% of that marketing age band identifies as gay & lesbian.

There are certainly gay guys buying pickup trucks and working in trades, but it is extremely unlikely to be equal weight to the actual population (just like Latinos are overweighted buyers of F-series compared to actual population).

Since we know precisely who buys the Ford trucks, we know precisely how to most effectively market the trucks.

Ford also has access to dramatically more detailed information and knows even more than the people in this thread about the details I listed above.

We also happen to -actually know- the most popular pickup truck in the gay & lesbian community and it’s not a Ford, it is a Chevy Silverado (which suggests gay and lesbian pickup buyers have good taste because a Chevy Silverado is a superior pickup truck to the F-series). People who buy pickup trucks are, historically, highly unlikely to change truck make.

Since the Silverado is already the most popular pickup among gays and lesbians, Ford is expending marketing money on an advertisement that is likely to convert no one at marketing scale, nor build brand equity in the F-series, may annoy its current customer base which is overwhelming straight males of European & Hispanic decent.

That by itself is a marketing & advertising failure, but the failure is even more pronounced because almost all of Ford’s profits come from the F-series, so if they annoy their primary customers by pandering to other customers who already don’t like their truck and also probably do not like pandering (gay & lesbian truck owners are highly unlikely to be swayed by pandering ads), then Ford’s marketing team is making decisions that suggest they are extraordinarily incompetent. If a CMO signed off on the ad, the shareholders of Ford (the owners) could sue the CMO for breach of fiduciary duty. Public companies don’t get to do things because they feel good, because their board and c-suite have a fiduciary duty to the shareholders of the company.

HTH

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTitorSociety

F-Series pickup target demographic is a straight male working or middle class individual working in trades, construction, landscaping, etc. and similar individuals who own companies that buy small fleets / multiple trucks for the company. The target demographic probably leans slightly Latino compared to average overall population.

If you don't think the gays are involved much in construction, and buy work trucks, you haven't been around much construction.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If you don't think the gays are involved much in construction, and buy work trucks, you haven't been around much construction.

Pretty sure one of the Village People is in construction.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Congratulations on not reading their entire post.

Trying to admonish the poster about something they already addressed seems off to me.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

But the ad is old. Seems like no one here even heard about it. Not sure if was even used in any markets or just to promote it for the event it was in.

Again it appeared to annoy no one except this dude who dug it up and now people here because he told you that you should be annoyed. I mean you weren't before, right? So it wasn't like you saw it all over your TV or the internet for the last 2 years.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Straw man. You didn’t read the post.

I have worked in construction. Have you?

Around 2.7% of the bell curve peak demographic age band of F-series buyers ID as gay/lesbian and that 2.7% is ALREADY buying Chevy Silverados not F-Series (if 100% of the peak demographic age band that IDs as gay/lesbian works in trades, construction, etc.)

But we know that also cannot be true — the vast majority of trades workers do not have a college degree. Gays have college degrees at a rate roughly 33% higher than straights.

Some simple arithmetic suggests that Ford is targeting less than 1% of its total addressable market by advertising to gay and lesbian trade workers and probably less than 00.5% since gay and lesbian trade workers prefer a Chevy Silverado by a factor of about 2:1.

If any of this doesn’t make sense refer to the original post.

This isn’t about gay construction workers — this is about whether a particular marketing or advertising effort makes any financial sense whatsoever, which in this case it clearly makes zero sense for Ford.

If Chevy did it, at least they’d have a leg to stand on, since they are already the most popular pickup truck with gays & lesbians but knowing such individuals in trades and construction personally and having experience in marketing, I would strongly advise Chevy to not pander to this audience, they are way more likely to choose a pickup truck based on quality than lifestyle affirmation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join