It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Congress Force National TV Networks to Be More Balanced In What They Report.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
By god it shouldn’t. Who’s to say what balanced is? Congress? A 3rd, non biased party that we can all trust?

Stop demanding forced equality because it can never happen. That doesn’t provide morality, fairness, more information or freedom- it just provides more control. You must love Biden as a president.

a reply to: carewemust

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
REMEMBER when 95% of U.S. News media were tripping over each other to connect President Trump to Communist Russia?

Trump's Pick for FBI Chief (Christopher Wray) has Russian ties and connections!

KaBoom: www.thedailybeast.com...

-----

Compare that to 95% of the news media IGNORING the obvious BIDEN - Communist CHINA connection that becomes more obvious every week.

The News Media is a WEAPON that's destabilizing the country due to its extreme bias. 30 years ago, they could get away with it, because citizens didn't have access to alternative internet sources for information.

But today, Anti-Conservative/Pro-Liberal bias by 95% of the media simply creates more disharmony and discontent across society.

This must be fixed.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Looks like some people were right about Trump nominating Wray to expose him 😎

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think it would be difficult and possibly dangerous to allow the government to determine "fariness". Maybe something is achievable but ultimately it falls on the American citizens to stop giving views to networks like CNN, Fox, msnbc, newsmax ect..

People wilfully watch these bias news networks because they play into their political beliefs. People have to be willing to boycott large media and i dont see that happening either.

I'd say first step is to get lobbying out of politics. If we can't even get politicians to be honest, how can we expect them to force honest media?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

May 13, 2023

In a very notable development, SOME GOOD PROGRESS is being made with CNN. The new CEO is forcing the network to be more "balanced" in its reporting.

CNN has lost so many personalities (including CEO Jeff Zucker) due to ethical or criminal or moral reasons over the past year, I'm not familiar with the replacements. Never-the-less, it's good to see the new "mentally normal" CEO insist that employees keep their anti-Trump emotions buried, or resign...

CNN reporter Oliver Darcy was reportedly left “visibly shaken” after his boss, CEO Chris Licht, tore into the liberal journalist over his “emotional” coverage of the network’s town hall Wednesday night featuring former President Donald Trump.

Darcy was called into a meeting with Licht and other network executives who have been frustrated with the backlash CNN received over the town hall — particularly from left-leaning outlets and politicians.
More at: nypost.com...

Progress, at what is the 2nd worse Anti-America cable news outlet headquartered in America.

edit on 5/13/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Short answer? no. Long answer? Nooooooo.

You can't simply tell people to shut up, It's our right to say whatever we want, until we say the wrong thing, which makes censoring redundant as it's after the fact. Alex Jones got punished for the things he said, but he had already said those things and he still has devout followers, too little too late.

And if you aren't scared enough yet, Disney now owns FOX.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Almost every thread you create originates from TGP, The Conservative Treehouse or some other right leaning site. Every so often you leverage a source that isn't blatantly conservative but that doesn"t change your obvious bias.

I am all for balance but what about your history on ATS indicates you understand what balaance is?

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The media is under project mocking bird Control

Congress is under the shadow gooberment control

Everything is Controlled by big banks IRS and blackrock and vanguard

TV is scripted programming.

Remember If its free .. your the product

Trust the science

Fluoride is healthy

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dyax-

IMO This is a VERY IMPORTANT message.

The U.S. News Media is more disruptive, damaging and dangerous to U.S. Society than any Washington/Government entity or department.

The majority of Phones and Web Browsers on phones will "push" out headlines for you to look at and click on if you want to know more. You can turn this off, but it will reactivate at the next major update.

The overwhelming majority of the headlines are Pro-Democrat and Anti-Republican, because LIBERAL billionaires own Microsoft, Google, Samsung, Apple, etc..

When the FBI went to Biden's House and found Classified Documents, there were no headlines pushed out to Android or Apple cell phones. (I have Android. The wife has Apple.)

When the FBI went to Trump's House and found (so-called) Classified Documents, Android and Apple I-Phones pushed the headline to over 100 million Americans that day.

There are no headlines being pushed out saying FBI Director Wray is bringing to Congress on June 5th a document with evidence that Joe Biden was/is involved in an illegal scheme with another country.

But there were headlines pushed out to i-Phones and Androids that Donald Trump mentioned having secret IRAN war plans in his possession, to a journalist.

Preferred Solution: Either a company pushes bad news about Republicans and Democrats to Cell Phones/Browsers, or the company is fined by the U.S. government (FCC). A bi-partisan task force of citizens can be empaneled to judge when media is out of balance and the punishment level.

If Americans throw Democrats out of Control of the White House and Senate next year, like we removed them from U.S. House control last year, I'm going to focus on generating support for taming the #1 enemy of America and Americans.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
No, but you and your closest friends can try and protest anywhere unapproved news media may be. Get enough people involved and it might actually change something.

That is until the Biden administrations DOJ and FBI find a way to curtail your right to protest.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Lulz. That's not how any of this works.

I would ask you to provide proof of anything you said but given your track record my guess is you have no proof.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: hangedman13

There was a reveal of our government interjecting itself into social media to curb unfriendly stories to a certain political party.

The Biden campaign was not the government and the only things they asked to be removed were pictures of Hunter's dick.

We learned that some of our former intelligence chiefs signed a letter that they never examined in a professional capacity to influence an election.

So private citizens expressing an opinion?

an appeal to authority.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Unfortunately , You Cannot Enforce Decency with Laws Today .
edit on 4-6-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join