It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kari Lake’s lawyers fined in failed Arizona election lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
What the hell is a "false factual statement"?
Sounds like more news speak to me.
Surely it's either false or factual but not both?

It sounds like a new way to "Democratically redefine something from thin air" 😀

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

""And no one can prove they ARE legal and valid ""

And that also conflicts nicely with the "adjustments" to signature "verification" that they won't let anybody see 😬

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: Mahogany

Link

Kari Lake's attorneys were fined a nominal penalty of $2,000 for making “false factual statements”, or lying, to the court in the unsuccessful challenge to the last year's governor elections.

In an order, the state’s highest court said Lake’s attorney made “false factual statements” that more than 35,000 ballots had been improperly added to the total ballot count. They have 10 days to submit the payment to the court clerk.

The court, however, refused to order Lake to pay attorney fees to cover the costs of defending Hobbs and Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, also a Democrat, in Lake’s appeal.

It's not a lot of money, but these lawyers should know better than to repeat lies in court just because their client wants them to.

Lake’s lawyers said sanctions weren’t appropriate because no one can doubt that Lake honestly believes her race was determined by electoral misconduct.

Their defense was basically that their client believed this happened, so they went along with it and said whatever they wanted to in court, and because their client believed it to be true, they don't have to be held liable for lying to everyone as well.

That defense did not work, because the judge was not an idiot. An attorney should know better than to repeat any and all lies their client wants them to, especially if they cannot back it up with any evidence whatsoever.

the judge said it was factual!
what's false about it?
how can you have false facts?!
you can have truth over facts so that musta been dem speak.

Judge may be setting up confusion for the Appeals Court to sift through 😀

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like yet another case where a judge refused to allow evidence to be examined. 😬

This is the newest way to suppress facts 😬

And where the court applied an improper legal standard.

There is no doubt that the election results are uncertain. That is the established legal standard and precedent in AZ for ordering a new election. And Kari met that standard.

However, the court resorted to proof of inaccurate results, and that is an impossible standard to meet under the circumstances.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Boadicea

""And no one can prove they ARE legal and valid ""

And that also conflicts nicely with the "adjustments" to signature "verification" that they won't let anybody see 😬

Yes, it does.

And their signature "verification" process included unauthorized software scanning (of dubious value as standards were lowered and sometimes omitted altogether.)

The software has not been approved or authorized by the state legislatures.

However, because the state legislatures have not explicitly forbidden such software, it is accepted.

And with Katie, aka the Veto Queen, in the governor’s seat, the chances she would sign ANY election integrity bill into law are slim to none.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Do you live in Arizona?

I do.

I do as well and you're 100% right. I never saw a single Hobbs bumper sticker or sign in front of a person's home. I did see entire neighborhoods covered in the old-school AZ license plate signs Lake used.

Even my hardcore Democrat parents voted for Lake because they liked her from her news days. My mother mentioned that she doesn't even know what Hobbs sounds like because she avoided the press and debates.

On top of the observations I made in my home county, Maricopa County admitted there were almost 50k votes cast in the election that they could not verify the signatures for. And Hobbs won by 17k votes.

We outnumbered Hobbs voters 10 to 1 here and the election was stolen once again by my mail-in ballots without signature verification.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Do you live in Arizona?

I do.

I can tell you that no one I know voted for Hobbs. Just another winning official campaigning from their basement.

The world we live in, according to your OP — is the epitome of ‘Insult to injury’.

You are making one of the most common reasoning errors out there. You are making the egocentric assumption that whatever your personal, anecdotal experience happens to be is the "normal" or "average" experience for the entire state.

I'm not disputing that your experience is real, but the US has very sharp boundaries between red and blue voting districts. If you live in the middle of a red district, it is very likely that you will be surrounded by people who think and vote red, just as you do. So it's entirely possible that you don't know anyone who voted for Hobbs. By the same token, if you live in the middle of a blue district it's entirely possible that you don't know anyone who didn't vote for Hobbs. The only places you're likely to encounter contrary opinions are at the boundaries of the red and blue districts, and those boundaries represent a very small fraction of the state's total area and total population.

Also, the blue districts tend to be the major urban areas and their immediate suburbs. Those areas are geographically small, but have high population densities, so they account for a lot of "blue" votes disproportionate to their physical size.

You’re absolutely right!

All the Californians that migrated here, due to their own failed policies (that THEY voted for) voted for Katie Hobbs.

Reminds me of an ancient phrase that feels very applicable here: You can take a thug out of the hood — but you can’t take the hood out of the thug.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: KKLOCO

I agree

I dont pretend to know exactly what happened on the ground but from everything it really does look like shenanigans and it doesnt help that the judges they have there are activist judges who are in the pocket of guess who.

Not to derail but I was looking at this posters post history and it seems to show a pattern. Mostly around election seasons and not much else , year after year.....

Interesting is all im saying

that's just shilly!

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
General reply:

I guess it depends on what part of Arizona. There are areas of Tucson that labeled Lake a vacuous Phoenix newscaster Trump parrot. I'm sure that holds for swaths of Phoenix. Especially to the south and west.

If living in the most Mormon part of Mesa, you're not hearing the same thing you would around ASU.

If you look at political affiliations there are a lot of densely populated portions of Maricopa County that are "evenly split". Like always 51-49 in either direction.

It's sorta denial that a state like Arizona can turn blue. Especially for the state with America's fastest growing county.

All those California-Style subdivisions sprouting neighborhoods in places that use to be an overpass and gas station 25 years ago bring with them the multitudes of transplants.

I feel it's entirely plausible those California style homes bringing in all those California style transplants ends up as a narrow democrat victory.

The state is 34% "Politically Unaffiliated". What's to say there weren't enough of them voting blue to make up the 34% to 30% advantage Rebulicans have in the state?

How many states are split almost 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 like that? It is the state most capable of surprising election results. Mostly because Independents are largely swing voters.

Arizona is not a red state anymore. It's an independent heavy swing state that votes red more often than not. But also a pretty good bellwether state.

DeSantis doesn't play Twitter victim cards, that will play way better in Arizona this election. Which may mean DeSantis is very likely beating Trump in the primary there. Possible by 10+ points.

To that point, I see DeSantis soundly beating Biden (or Democrat) in 2024 at the same time I see Trump and Biden 2.0 being as close and with as much people screaming as last time.

Arizona is best way to figure out which Republican has the best chance. Arizona is more likely to vote for the governor getting 25%+ of the democrats in his home state.

Haven't lived there in 15 years but as I understand it, it's mostly been the reverse of what I did since I left. California's moving there. But then again when I left Democrats there were anti-gun control. I do hope that is still the case.
edit on 8-5-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Names matched?
I guess we should skip secret ballots and regisdter our personal votes in the open or what

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Jovan Hutton Pulitzer is reporting the following:

In short, the Arizona Supreme Court has FORCED the lower courts to go back and deal with this issue once again and it seems that the Supreme Court was angry the lower courts kept playing around.

THE GIST OF IT IS

Judge Thompson tentatively scheduled a three-day trial next week beginning on May 17. The trial will occur on May 17th, 18th, and 19th.

Counsel will be required to disclose who will testify, what opinions they will state, and what basis they have prior to trial. Judge Thompson indicated that the new evidence could be introduced, and other counts in the lawsuit may be reconsidered. Motions for Reconsideration, Responses, and Replies are expected in the coming days. Kari Lake attorneys are also expected to file a motion to consolidate the issue of lawful public records requests that the County has denied tomorrow.

Sources are scarce.

UPDATE: Kari Lake Lawsuit Going Back to Trial May 17, 18, 19 – Attorney Kurt Olsen Makes BOMBSHELL Claim of “Extraordinary Findings of Misconduct” By Maricopa County (VIDEO)

Kari Lake attorney Kurt Olsen today made a bombshell claim while asking for the reconsideration of counts relating to machine failures on election day, stating that “Maricopa officials conducted secret testing on the tabulators on October 14th, 17th, and 18th” after the County’s Logic and Accuracy tests. Olsen further stated that “260 of those 446 tabulators failed” but were “then used in the election.”

Thompson tentatively scheduled a three-day trial next week beginning on May 17. The trial will occur on May 17th, 18th, and 19th.

Counsel will be required to disclose who will testify, what opinions they will state, and what basis they have prior to trial.

Judge Thompson indicated that the new evidence could be introduced, and other counts in the lawsuit may be reconsidered. Motions for Reconsideration, Responses, and Replies are expected in the coming days.

Lake attorneys are also expected to file a motion to consolidate the issue of lawful public records requests that the County has denied tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join