It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swear Allegiance to Your King !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well I've always been a republican.
I think the king being unpopular will probably add a few more to my ranks.

Not that we will get a vote on it.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Well I've always been a republican.
I think the king being unpopular will probably add a few more to my ranks.

Not that we will get a vote on it.

I agree.

I think a lot of people tolerated the system while Liz was about as she was personally popular.

I doubt Charles could get elected to a local council.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You get the day off?

I don't even get that!

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hang on, isn't the monarch supposed to swear an oath to the people, not the other way around?

I can see quite a few constitutional and legal concerns being raised.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think I was just sick a little in my mouth

We are ALL invited to swear our allegiance to the King: How historic break with centuries of tradition will turn Charles' big day into the People's Coronation

Daily Wail

The more this goes on the more I hope some dissident IRA mob have a plan to ruin everything.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Gosh the royal families world wide, including non royal as such elites, have been very much smashed due to their actions, due to being seen for their arrogance and non caring ways n two facedness.

the king is dead, long live the I Am ( and pm lol )

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Really? Big Ears, via the ArchBish, wants us to do what again? I'll wave two fingers in the direction of Westminster Abbey at the correct time and tell the latest German to get knotted.
I remain convinced that he's going to be a terrible King. The man's a meddler.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Lets put this in perspective; no-one is being forced to do anything.
No-one is being forced to swear allegiance or bend the knee in subjugation on pain of death or anything.
No-one is being punished in any way shape or form if they choose not to - which I certainly won't be.

Everyone here knows full well Charlie can't force us to do anything and doesn't really have any significant powers to do anything - thank #.

Swear 'allegiance' if you want to.
Don't if you don't want to.

Either way it will make absolutely no difference whatsoever to how this country is governed.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I think I was just sick a little in my mouth

We are ALL invited to swear our allegiance to the King: How historic break with centuries of tradition will turn Charles' big day into the People's Coronation

Daily Wail

The more this goes on the more I hope some dissident IRA mob have a plan to ruin everything.

Royal biographer Sally Bedell Smith said: 'It's hugely exciting. It's probably the most radical departure from tradition we've heard about so far, and it's about as inclusive as you can get, asking the whole world to acclaim him as King.

'It's a wonderful, democratic and inclusive gesture and very 21st Century. We knew all along this was going to be a different and modern twist on the Coronation but this step is really quite a radical one.'

Democratic and inclusive?

What planet is this person on.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The man's a meddler. He's spent his life writing pompous letters to Ministers about matters that are none of his bloody business and I'd be amazed if he's able to give that habit up.
He's going to be a terrible King, sticking his nose into all kinds of places that his late mother would never have dared to tread. She was wiser than he'll ever be.
I am now properly cross about this giant & expensive display of archaic silliness.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I'm sure a few people will swear at him, but i don't think it will be allegiance coming out of their puss.

We should probably consider replacing monarchic rule in the UK in this day of age.

The only thing is the alternatives on offer are not much better or even worse than the constitutional monarchy we have in place.
edit on 30-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I read last week that they want the tax payer to pay for his big day.

Is that true?

The man's a multi billionaire and he wants hard working tax payers to fork out for his coronation?

Must have been a joke site i was on, i cant believe that would be allowed

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The problem is what you replace the monarchy with. If it's a republic then you run the risk of people like Blair or Johnson running for it, as they think that they should still have a say in things.
The Irish have been lucky, they found an apparent actual leprechaun and made him President.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Actually the late Queen did plenty of meddling too, ensuring we all have to obey laws that the oyals dont, that she doesnt have to declare nor pay tax on huge swathes of her income.

I got no time for any of them. Sell all their stuff and maybe we can have fewer foodbanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I read last week that they want the tax payer to pay for his big day.

Is that true?

Some of the funding will come from the Sovereign grant and some from government but as the tax payer pays for the Sovereign grant yes we are paying for it , we won't know how much until after the event though.

I guess as it's a State event it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Nailed it.

It's one of those darned if we do, and darned it we don't, situations if ever there was one.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: andy06shake

The problem is what you replace the monarchy with. If it's a republic then you run the risk of people like Blair or Johnson running for it, as they think that they should still have a say in things.
The Irish have been lucky, they found an apparent actual leprechaun and made him President.

And for several decades we were a bad accident away from Andrew being next in line for the throne.

I think I would prefer we had a choice.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   

State of this place gortex.

Charles should be getting coronated will a plastic crown from Poundland by my guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The fact that the streets will be lined with people cheering them on tells me all I need to know about the state of our education system and the intelligence of the population in general.
We can never get rid of these people. Half the country would be up in arms and threatening civil war.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Not if the choice is that dirty nonce surely ScepticScot.

Hereditary monarchies simply don't have much choice which is another severe limitation with regards to the system of rule.

If in doubt well see the likes of what happened to the Habsburg monarchic line.

Choice is always a good thing.
edit on 30-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join