It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for a bar called Turntables

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Restaurant with excellent sound system where LP's are exclusively played no DJ stuff, just like how people used to get together. Decorate with a retro feel. Have theme nights but always vinyl of course. Stores could periodically trade albums to ensure constant rotation. Would you want to go somewhere like that to have a meal and a few drinks? Nothing sounds better than good LPs, nothing. All the best classical, jazz, rock, folk, soul, R&B, funk and pop offering a feast for the ears.
Franchise it and make a few million.
Takers?
edit on 10-4-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Restaurant with excellent sound system where LP's are exclusively played no DJ stuff, just like how people used to get together. Decorate with a retro feel. Have theme nights but always vinyl of course. Stores could periodically trade albums to ensure constant rotation. Would you want to go somewhere like that to have a meal and a few drinks? Nothing sounds better than good LPs, nothing. All the best classical, jazz, rock, folk and pop offering a feast for the ears.
Franchise it and make a few million.
Takers?

My retired friend it doing the same thing, but will add karaoke also. It's called Izakaya ( a bar with food, and music) it's mostly geared for a high income people and also is near University Town for University students , so yeah it's a good idea the franchise as you mentioned I don't know about that but if it's well organized it's probably a pretty good thing and I've always believed that LP vinyl has never disappeared from the music scene because that's the way I would do it and if you go to any coffee shops here in Japan it's all vinyl music jazz music all vinyls.
edit on 0400000032472023-04-10T22:47:32-05:00473204pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Ha,

What I would want is to relive the 80's and early 90's in a good old fashioned dive bar.

Pops in Cahokia comes to mind (back then).

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You could certainly hear the same music there. let me guess what you listened to then; Metallica, Ministry and Sepultura? I saw a gorgeous Mustang fastback today while driving got me reminiscing.
edit on 10-4-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
These are big in Japan. They call them “Listening Bars”. I’ve always wanted to do something similar in my town, but it’s too small to support. Would work in a bigger city though.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You didn't mention classic country, so not interested.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Forgive me, that was a terrible oversight.
I hope Johnny Hiland doesn't read this.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker
Funny I should think like the Japanese.
See the art in my sig for why.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Sounds good!

You best find staff that has a heart for whatever retro you aim at, then the bar / restaurant is authentic and you will have people loving their job and that results in happy customers.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Yeah, I could go for that!

I can envisage the vinyl records theme used in plates, platters, coasters, etc., perhaps cast in clear epoxy resin.

ETA: Just found this cool idea for vinyl records as bowls.

edit on 11/4/2023 by Encia22 because: Added info

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well, I've got the records, to get it started.

70's through early 90's probably.
At least heavy metal, dance and classic rock anyway. I don't think there is any old country in there.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
These are big in Japan. They call them “Listening Bars”. I’ve always wanted to do something similar in my town, but it’s too small to support. Would work in a bigger city though.

I have been wondering how best to share my record collection. A few hundred of the greatest albums from 70s to 2000ish.

Theme nights would work well in a bar/restaurant and always provide a varying atmosphere.

Vive La ROCK!

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Love this idea.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I could see it reaching a point where you would have scheduled albums playing; Tues, 8pm Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon/Animals/The Wall/ Wed eve: metal night, Black Sabbath Paranoid/Judas Priest Sad Wings of Destiny/iron Maiden/ Ozzy.. Thurs; Prog rock surprise; will it be Jethro Tull, genesis, Yes, Queen, Gentle Giant or Periphery? Friday: American rock and roll , Saturday; Bebop afternoon, sat eve Clifford Brown, Pat Metheny and Charlie Parker. You could also rent the facility out for private listening parties. I would have an anteroom for people to have phone conversations in. You could even have online voting to determine which artists get featured and which songs. I see a lot of potential.
edit on 11-4-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Speaking of Japan, I always thought if I opened up a bar restaurant, id do so by a college campus and id do one of those erotic sushi places where you eat off of a naked girl or guy who is lying across your table cuz sushi is realyl trendy right now and sex sells. And id have a collection of sakis from all over Japan and sell saki bombs as the $5 drink special all day, every day. And I would name the restaurant SAKI SAKI FIVE DOLLA. Could even do a further erotic menu with starters like Ahhhhh Miso Horny Soup, entrees like Pad Hen-Thai, Me Love You Long Thyme Chicken, Osaka-n It Noodles, you get my drift. Novelty always takes off with a bang though and dies down very quickly so I ain’t about to enter the food industry, it’s already one of the most impossible ones to succeed at.

top topics

join