It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is the Pope trying to hide?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What is the Pope Hiding?....In his will he orders that all of his personal writings and notes be burned upon his death....Very interesting...what exactly is written upon these notes...Insight into the catholic religions ongoing problem with molestation charges and misconduct?....perhaps info about what goes on in those secret vatican chambers....

".....I leave no property behind me of which it is necessary to dispose. As for the everyday objects that were of use to me, I ask they be distributed as seems appropriate. My personal notes are to be burned. I ask that this be attended to by Father Stanislaw (Eds: his personal secretary, Archbishop Stanislaw Dziwisz), whom I thank for his collaboration and help, so prolonged over the years and so understanding. "

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050407/ap_on_re_eu/pope_will_18

[edit on 8-4-2005 by _Uforia_]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How about his personal feelings, emotions and doubts?
His opinions on his meetings with foreign dignitaries etc.
I see nothing wrong with the Pope wanting these things destroyed, they would never have been made public if he was alive, so why should that change now that he is dead?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You dont order documents to be burned by your "right hand man" after your death...to hide some personal feelings about foriegn dignitaries....

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
why not? Why should his thoughts, feelings, etc, which could have changed throughout his life, suddenly become fodder for the "crappy news" media and the nosey?

I want all my dream journals and diaries destroyed when I die, if i know in advance when I am going to die, I would do it myself, if I can't I would tell the person closest to me to do it for me.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
so what are you trying to hide then?

link   

Originally posted by _Uforia_
You dont order documents to be burned by your "right hand man" after your death...to hide some personal feelings about foriegn dignitaries....

Well, when I die I WILL desire all of my personal papers to be destroyed as they are by definition personal. I would also want my 'right hand man' to do it as well because that is the only person I would trust to do as I asked. Not everything is a conspiracy.

link   
I agree that it's a little odd. I keep journals on everything, including my deepest emotions and most private thoughts. I want them to be there when I die so that everyone who ever knew me can really know me when I've passed. I'd like there to be no secrets when I die.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Not everything is a conspiracy

Well when it comes to the catholic church.......

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

There is a difference between attempting to hide something and having one's innermost thoughts up for public display.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I have lots to hide, if I don't want to share with my family, why would I share here on a public forum

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
seems perfectly normal to me. there is no reason that this very public person should have his very very private thoughts dragged across the entire smut world of media...........

let him be..................i don't see a conspiracy here at all.

angie

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Uforia, if you believe someone not wanting their journal to be read means they are trying to hide something from the world, why aren't you writing a blog with all your personal feelings, thoughts, and opinions?

The pope is human. Have you ever been really upset with, say, your mom, and thought things that were rather unkind, but didn't really feel them afterwards? Why do those thoughts/writings (in some people's cases) have to be made public if they're only going to unneccessarily going to hurt someone or throw back diplomatic relations when they don't need to be?

Finally, you assume that, since this is the Catholic church we're talking about, it must be conspiracy. What group could do this where there wouldn't be a conspiracy? You're assuming someone not wanting to share their most personal thoughts means conspiracy because you want to see conspiracy inside a certain group.

Would you please post your entire journal online for us? If you don't have one, start writing it on a thread on BTS for us. If you don't, we'll just have to assume you're a Reptoid by this logic.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You gotta remember that this guys was the Freaken Pope dude, how do you know he didn't write about himself losing faith in god, or having carnal thoughts, or how much he hates his life. Not only does he have the right to keep his personal thoughts personal. Alot of people Looked to him as an example and it could really damage people's faith if it was released in one of his journals that he had a crush on the backstreet boys or he hated all non-poles or whatever. Its a good move to make in my opnion.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
UFOria...I would be interested in his notes from the beginning of his career as Pope, but most of his notes from the last several years would probably be completely illegible.

At the beginning of his career, he talked about allowing priests to marry and then changed his mind. I'd be interested in knowing why or who made him change his mind. Let's not forget that Pope JP I was assassinated for not doing things the way his puppet masters wanted him to!!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe John Paul was trying to hide that he is an "illuminated"fella and that the Opus Dei had much more of a hand on him, than he would like people to know. You cant spend 24 years in the Vatican and not become "contaminated"......................... yes John Paul did a lot of good things, but he also made horrible comments such has his claim that Christians and Moslems pray and follow the same God :shk: im sure every Christian who was stonned or blown up in Molsme contries would disagree... as well as Moslems... I doubt any Moslem would agree thta Allah is the same God of Christians, if this was true why would The Koran call for the death of the 'infifels" ( all of those who do not follow the Koran) ?

John Paull II was just another step in the final latter....

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

why aren't you writing a blog with all your personal feelings, thoughts, and opinions?

Well....im not the Pope....What i have to say...or hide...does not affect millions of peoples lives and faith............

And Being the Pope im sure he didnt write anything bad about being mad at his mommy....

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

At the beginning of his career, he talked about allowing priests to marry and then changed his mind. I'd be interested in knowing why or who made him change his mind. Let's not forget that Pope JP I was assassinated for not doing things the way his puppet masters wanted him to!!

Maybe his own assassination attemp curbed his opinions....

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Maybe his own assassination attemp curbed his opinions....

I totally forgot about the assassination attempt on his life. That was probably the real leaders of the Catholic Church way of telling him that the same thing would happen to him (that happened to JP I) if he did not follow their rules. He wasn't allowed to have his own ideas. Just like our presidents are no longer allowed to have their own ideas.......

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

how do you know he didn't wright about himself losing faith in god

I guess as a Catholic I feel as though If the so called "leader" of my church has lost faith in god, we should know....

[edit on 8-4-2005 by _Uforia_]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
The pope is human.

That's up for debate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join