It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does it say we should not do animal sacrifice?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Jesus says to fast, while most of us don't, but I'm confused on what laws were specifically canceled and others weren't. Such as animal sacrifice and wearing clothes made of more than one material (leviticus 19).

Your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: godservant

Matthew 7:12

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you"

I believe that covers animal sacrifices.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

In the holy temple perhaps.

But somebody had to build a mosque on it.

Which is fine religiously (there's only one Krishna), but not going down so well politically.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just hearing, but you know just going in there - you need ropes around your ankles.

So they can pull you out, when you collapse before the Almighty.

Arjuna, do not be afraid, what you see is but a spark of Krishna's splendor.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Christians of course - that's God's son.

The ultimate sacrifice.

The blood is atoned, and God is satisfied.

Although, we still say Grace.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hindu/Christian - can you be both?

Yip, well at least from the Hindu side of things.

I still adore Lord Jesus, and He was foretold.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: godservant
Jesus says to fast, while most of us don't, but I'm confused on what laws were specifically canceled and others weren't. Such as animal sacrifice and wearing clothes made of more than one material (leviticus 19).

Your thoughts?

No one is under the law given to Moses, known as the Mosaic Law, anymore, not even the Jews. Animal sacrifices were beneficial only temporary to cover the sin of the people. They had to continually offer animals sacrifices because they always sinned.

Jesus' perfect human life served as a perfect ransom for everyone. So that exercising faith in Jesus' shed blood, covers all our sins no matter what they are. Everyone's.

"Unlike those high priests, he does not need to offer up sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, because he did this once for all time when he offered himself up. For the Law appoints as high priests men who have weaknesses, but the word of the oath sworn after the Law appoints a Son, who has been made perfect forever."-Hebrews 7:27-28.

Is there a scripture that says the law was done away with completely? Yes! Galatians 3:24-25:

"So the Law became our guardian leading to Christ, so that we might be declared righteous through faith. But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a guardian."-

The law was a guardian, or "tutor." A tutor was a guardian appointed to a child to guide them until they came of age. When Jesus Christ came and fulfilled the law, the law was no longer required. For it taught us we were in sin and needed a redeemer, once the redeemer appeared, that is Jesus Christ, and nailed the law to the stake, the law was fulfilled. It was no longer required.

"Why, then, the Law? It was added to make transgressions manifest, until the offspring should arrive to whom the promise had been made; and it was transmitted through angels by the hand of a mediator."-Galatians 3:19. (a few verses before the above quoted scripture.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
All the laws of Moses are cancelled for Christians; our guidance comes from the Spirit instead; "We are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit" (Romans ch7 v6).

Hebrews explains why the laws of animal sacrifice are now superseded.
a) They never did work, in the first place.
The law "can never, by the same sacrifices which are continually offered year after year make perfect those who draw near... If the worshippers had once been cleansed, they would no longer have any consciousness of sin... For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins" (ch10 vv1-4).
b) The work has now been done, properly, by the self-offering of Christ.
"For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified" (ch10 v14)

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

As to blood sacrifice, it's simply no longer relevant. Like the rest of the old covenant structure, it was instituted as a didactic tool. Jesus was the ultimate perfect sacrifice, so blood sacrifice is no longer necessary nor needed. You could sat that it's redundant.

Here is
a very good, concise explanation for you.

As to the rest of the laws, they were also largely didactic in one way or another. Jesus fulfilled the demands of the law in a way that no other man had ever been able to do.

Matthew 5:17 ~ Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

The law was given as something of a tutor to make us see our need for salvation by grace through faith in the light of our inability to fulfill its demands, coming to realize that our own works were insufficient.

Galatians 3:23-26 ~ Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God,

The law has now been, for the true adoptive children of God, immensely simplified:

Matthew 22:34-30 ~ But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Love God and love your neighbor in Christ and you can't help but.fulfill perfect law of God.

That is a very abbreviated version of all that I'd like to say, but I hope that it helps.
:
edit on 2023 4 09 by incoserv because: clarification.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

I assume you're wanting a biblical reference here. Whether it says animal sacrifice is okay or not, does that mean we should? Whether you are killing a "pure" sheep to please God like the Jews did, or killing a bull to examine its liver for prophecy like the Romans did, from today's perspective it's all uncivilized. It's barbaric.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Exactly, read Genesis 9:4, and Isiah 1:11.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

Hebrews 10:1-14

8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law),
9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
edit on 9-4-2023 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I believe there exists an undeniable link between Christianity and the Essene's. The holy spirit is not prominent in Torah, but is prominent in the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Essene apocalyptic beliefs are also echoed in Christian revelations. The Essene gate into Jerusalem is located on Mt Zion.

The Essenes practiced aestheticism, vegetarianism and were strict observers of the law yet rejected animal sacrifice. They had a hierarchy of twelve men of holiness to govern them with an overseer called a Magabakeer whom were known to heal by laying of hands. They prayed three times a day, at sunrise, noon, and sunset and shared everything in a communal setting. As per the law, Jesus stated "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled". "..except your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven".

Jesus clearly demanded the absolute highest of moral standards whereas Paul did not. But it must be understood, rightly or wrongly, that Paul was trying to introduce Christianity to the material wealthy, meat eating Romans. His course of action clearly explain in (1 Cor. 9.19-23) .... "I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, that I might gain them that are without law. ... I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake" .

It be our choice as to whom and what we want to believe. But we need ask ourselves. Who be at the gate when we die. Will it be Paul or Jesus.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
As previously stated, all laws are now redundant and religion is for Christians irrelevant.
No more do we need to achieve God as now it has been given freely and through Gods love by grace.
Except, we are still called and commanded to love, as a duty, as a deed instead of a law
True Christians will produce the fruits of the Spirit as evidence, not because of the law but because of the desire to show God and humanity the individual love they have for Him

James 2/14 “Faith without works is dead”

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
After the destruction of the Second Temple , but no one ever "banned" them .
As far as Christianity was concerned , Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice and no other was required afterwards .
Thread answered .
edit on 4/9/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Or you could just not sacrafice animals and treat them with respect. Why do you need God to tell you what to do? Doesn't your heart tell it's wrong to hurt other living beings?

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

Or you could just not sacrafice animals and treat them with respect. Why do you need God to tell you what to do? Doesn't your heart tell it's wrong to hurt other living beings?

Ok so you want to be God and dictate your opinions at others

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's having a heart and not wanting to torture animals for no reason.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
We are under the new covenant. The old one is obsolete to Christians, the Jews and the 7 day Adventists still follow it, as do many Messianic Jews.

Old Covenant: Neverending list of rules and practices and mess up on any one and you’re soiled with sin needing atonement. It is a list of rules that is impossible and no human could ever follow and never achieve salvation through. Only one person ever succeeded in doing it 100%.

New Covenant: Christ had the power of grace, something impossible for us humans. Grace is Christ’s supernatural power of unconditional love. All humans have their limits to be crossed and there is a point at which all of us would stop loving someone. Not Christ though. He had the power to know, see, and witness anything, no matter how terrible, and still not lose the deep love he feels for any person. Yes, even Hitler, if he were to accept Christ’s sacrifice sincerely, would be forgiven immediately, no questions asked, by Christ and welcome to be forever next to him in heaven.

Christ died to cancel out death itself by dying as a sacrifice while being totally innocent and have no sin to atone for, thus the whole system, like a neo/agent smith kinda deal, collapsed and we are all covered not by our perfect performance, but by his paying off all our debts.

There is still a filter though, the one rule a Christian must follow. “For it is by grace through faith that you have been saved, and THAT, not of yourself, is the gift of God. NOT OF WORKS, lest anyone should boast.” Basically we’re all paid for and covered karmactically. Your only requirement to enter heaven under that cover charge is to acknowledge that it was Christ who paid it and be thankful for that.

We should love our neighbor like we love our brother. We should help others. Feed the homeless. Nurse the sick. These are all WORKS though and none of them will save you. Salvation comes only with GRACE THROUGH FAITH, believing that he loved us all enough to suffer horribly and die for our cover charge to be paid.

It’s a shame that people like…I don’t know for example Muslims don’t accept Christianity and most often it is because of a confusing error in language. Muslims call Christians deceived because Christians supposedly believe that Jesus is God. Christians do not believe that Jesus is God though. This is where the confusion lies.

Christians believe that when God reached the point in his plan in which he needed to incarnate into the dimension of matter to do work his essence came down and entered a human vessel which was that of a Semite male whose mother gave the name Jesus/Joshua. So waaa waaa Christians believe Joshua is God! Well yes, but it’s better said that God came down and lived a human life in the body of a man named Joshua. Jesus/Joshua is God. But God is not simply Joshua. (Or Jesus/Joshua is God, but God is not solely Jesus/Joshua, though Jesus/Joshua is an integral PART of who God is. Jesus/Joshua didn’t get born, live a life, float up to heaven, and become God. Instead, YHWH, the eternal one God of all Abrahamic believers, came to live amongst us for a short while to do major cosmic work and while YHVH was here, he was contained within the body of a Jewish man named Joshua. So Jesus/Joshua/The Word was with God since the beginning because the spirit operating inside the body named Jesus was a part of the God who has been there since forever and before forever. Not that Josh P. Christ with his Semitic dark hair, olive skin, and piercing eyes was there from before the beginning and then he was born and grew up to look just like the piece of God that was sent to earth way later after creation in 1AD. It is all a really easy concept if it will just click, but a difficult one to really detailedly qualify.

It’s because of the soul that was inside of the avatar named Joshua being that of God Himself that his death given as a sacrifice and his absence of sin and crime still being avenged with so much blood for which there was no bill, that is how eternal death and damnation was short circuited and the entire system now able to return to the originally intended eternal perfect beings which is our true intended form.

It is likely too that Jesus did indeed father a child with Mary Magdalene and his line is guarded secretly. We know that he is supposed to restore us to physical perfection as we were in Eden and common sense tells us that to do that, it would require introducing something to the human genome to fix and/or replace that which is not right. How could that happen? Well, it would require introduction of genetic material and that material would need to come from a man. Why? Because we would require the introduction of both an X and a Y chromosome with the software repair written into it.

Well, everyone already holds all the genetic codes that there are. So how could new code come into humanity from the outside? Well, only one human who ever lived would have the ability to introduce a patch or a fix into the human genome (because we will not be fixed by artificial genetic tampering). The one person in history who ever lived and could introduce new genetic material into humanity is Joshua, the Christ. How? Because he is the only human who ever lived who has a male relative able to furnish both new x and new y coding. How so? Because he is the only person who will ever live whose father is not human.

Christ has half the human genome, he has an X human side but his other half is God, is Elohim, is an entity of a much higher dimension.
edit on 4/9/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/9/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

------

Galatians 2:16
Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join