It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMBSHELL REVELATION: State Department’s GEC, Soros’s Open Society, the EU, and UK

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Surprise? The US Government along with the UK, EU and leftist entities are funding censorship against conservative media or anything that goes against their interests:

The mission of the Disinformation Index (“DI”), with its U.K. parent organization, Disinformation Index LTD. (“GDI”), is to defund conservation online news sites with claims of alleged disinformation. GBTDI disinformation focus is LBGT, climate denial, election fraud, illegal immigration, the RussiaUkraine border conflict, abortion, the Biden family’s foreign business dealings, and anti-vaccine content. The organizations invert facts and truth to create an adversarial political narrative.

BOMBSHELL REVELATION: State Department’s GEC, Soros’s Open Society, the EU, and UK Are Funding the “Disinformation Index”: A Pseudo-Nonprofit that “Blacklists” Conservative News from Online Advertisers

Link

An emerging and highly destructive new strategy is “blacklisting” independent conservative media to defund them of advertising revenue, leading to their financial demise.

The mission of the Disinformation Index (“DI”), with its U.K. parent organization, Disinformation Index LTD. (“GDI”), is to defund conservation online news sites with claims of alleged disinformation. GBTDI disinformation focus is LBGT, climate denial, election fraud, illegal immigration, the RussiaUkraine border conflict, abortion, the Biden family’s foreign business dealings, and anti-vaccine content. The organizations invert facts and truth to create an adversarial political narrative.

Their rating system creates a blacklist shared with major advertising companies and advertising exchanges, including Google and Microsoft, to shut down disfavored speech by defunding advertising. These companies contract with GDIDI for information on who to target for defunding. When comparing GDI’s risk sources, the bias is highly apparent.

State Department Funding

The Washington Examiner reported that U.S. taxpayer-funded National Endowment for Democracy and the State Department’s Global Engagement Center during 2020 and 2021 funded $665,000 to U.K. GDI. Funds used domestically to defund conservative websites.

Other high-profile funders are George Soros’s Open Society, the European Union, and the United Kingdom. The foreign governments have an adverse influence with the freedom of the press. Could DI be considered an agent for foreign governments and be required to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)?

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You may find this interesting:

www.spectator.co.uk...

"One for the chopping block next time there’s a spending review perhaps?"

Let's hope so.
edit on 7-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Who didn't see this coming?

First, the print media, now the internet, next..........you.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Leftist Global Government

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah this is a pretty big deal. The government AGAIN sponsoring censorship of right wing news sources or basically only approving news sources that parrot the gov approved narrative. This is the same thing that happens in dictatorships.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

And the Left will cheer the tyranny.

We are lost.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm starting to get the idea that everyone knows about the Biden's family business and is just fine with it, like it's normal or something. I sure hope that's not the case.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: TonyS

Leftist Global Government

Followed by dictatorship, poverty, starvation and genocide, as has ALWAYS been the historical case with the Left.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I'm starting to get the idea that everyone knows about the Biden's family business and is just fine with it, like it's normal or something. I sure hope that's not the case.

Leftists DO believe rules should not apply to them because in their twisted mind, they are so "virtuous". Stealing left, right and center is their "recompense" for fighting the "evil" non-leftists.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I hate to do this.

I find this topic more than just fascinating.

It is the stuff of conspiracy theory past... the subject which met with the most fervent declarations of "paranoia" and "tin-foil hat" epithets being launched my way... but that is another story...

The thing I hate is to point to another thread that happens to be mine. It is sometimes considered 'self-serving' and all I can say is I solemnly promise I have no interest in stars and flags... that's not in my nature to value as a measure of anything other than interest.

In the vein of that interest I suspect my older thread may be, at least, a cousin to yours... if not a sibling... when you have time you may want to include it your reading... they complement each other, I think.

How "disinformation" is actually used, apparently...

And thanks for this thread!

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: network dude

Leftists DO believe rules should not apply to them because in their twisted mind, they are so "virtuous". Stealing left, right and center is their "recompense" for fighting the "evil" non-leftists.

They will never be "virtuous"

join