It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villanova University hosts seminar on 'A Womanist Path to Ending White Christian America'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hey, did I not read about this at the end of a book once or twice? Revelation something? Plus I think there were also a ton of predictions in that book that spoke about such things?

Passages like Matthew 24:8-13

But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come. “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

blog.library.villanova.edu...

www.tpusa.com...

This “Catholic” University is now hosting a Library’s Speakers’ Corner for a workshop surrounding “Ending White Christian America.”

“A troubling part of that reality is that white supremacy is grounded in Christian history, texts, ideas, and institutions. Is Christian faith possible apart from anti-Blackness? In this session, we will explore this question as we contemplate the meaning of the end of “White Christian America” We will study the liberative [sic] possibilities found in womanist theology, a discourse developed by Black women.”

It is worth mentioning that this event is not being coordinated by a fringe group on campus. According to the official announcement from the school, “This session will be facilitated by Rev. Naomi Washington-Leapheart. Reverend Naomi is an ordained minister, justice advocate, public administrator, and adjunct professor of Theology and Religious Studies at Villanova University.”

If a well-established, religious university wants to have a serious conversation about logic, racism, or white supremacy, it should at least be based on factual reality and truth. Several donors have understandably decided to end their contributions to Villanova following the school’s decision to make liberalism the primary religion of the institution.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's not very surprising. It's only going to get tougher on people as the time passes. I have no way of telling how close we are to those times. But, it's not far off.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The thing is, this will come down on its own. White Christian supremacy is an illusion, not an illusion as in it doesn't exist, but as in -- it's not written into the law. As long as it's been around, and it has, it's not coded into our laws.

What that means is, it will just disappear and there will be nothing that can stop it because no laws can protect it.

I've always said that I'd already won the lottery in life -- I live in America, I'm a male and I'm white. I've already had things easier than most people on this entire planet have, and I realize that and I'm grateful for that. I know my luck.

But I understand other people should feel like they've won the lottery too. Or that at least it's a fair game.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Haters gonna hate and they come in all shapes, shades and confessions.
I mean you can also take it as compliment, you're the pinnacle of Euro descent in terms of success.
And it's not wrong, it's just a little sad, this poor woman thinks that's new or surprising to anybody the education system hasn't failed.
Because I mean the 'surpremacy' in a country being held by the culturally and historical and religious and ethnic group which is dominant in number and power, is just normal.
Nowhere anywhere is that different and barely anywhere is it questioned.
It boggles the mind really how these people think you people, threatened in your territorial and cultural right could react any other way but with racism.
...but that's humans I guess.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Roman Catholic is not Christian.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Good Point.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Really? The Church of Christ is not Christian? And what is it instead?

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Roman Catholic is the largest branch of the Christianity. In other words, most Christians on planet Earth are Roman Catholic.

Christianity is an important world religion that stems from the life, teachings, and death of Jesus. Roman Catholicism is the largest of the three major branches of Christianity. Thus, all Roman Catholics are Christian, but not all Christians are Roman Catholic. Of the estimated 2.3 billion Christians in the world, about 1.3 billion of them are Roman Catholics. Broadly, Roman Catholicism differs from other Christian churches and denominations in its beliefs about the sacraments, the roles of the Bible and tradition, the importance of the Virgin Mary and the saints, and the papacy.

Link

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Yes, it is.
It may not be to your liking but I'm sure that literally millions upon millions of Catholics in the world consider themselves to be Christians in every sense of the word.

“This session will be facilitated by Rev. Naomi Washington-Leapheart. Reverend Naomi is an ordained minister,.....

Doesn't sound very 'Catholic' like to me.

More nonsense from the wokists.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Look, Christian Church started in Rome = the Original, the real one = Catholics, itself a sect from Judaism
You are basically a sect from a sect, doesn't matter if you're born-again, pentecoastal, mormone, jehova's witness, branch davidian, lutheran or whatever you are the misbelief.
The misguided sheep that have left the Church of Christ, who was Jewish.

So I'd keep it down with the hostility and judgement if I were you.
Why?
1. The one most important item in the contract God made with the ancient Jews was: do not be lead astray, one God one people
It was a whole thing, lots of stories around that turmoil and drama and whatnot, maybe you've heard about that? Golden Cows and such.
2. J.C. came along with the intention to reform Judaism he never wanted to create a sect, it happened somewhat accidentally because people were so impressed by the story of a freedom fighter helping the poor.
3. The Catholic Church founded on the Rock of Petrus, the actual last person who was still a little closer to the actual events than anybody who later edited the story into travesty.
4. Luther who 'struggled with God', because he too wanted to reform Christianity back to its root and what came from it afterwards is you. People who just make up # as they go, basically.

Personally I think everybody who elevates a human (J.C.) to the same level as the Most High Intelligence of the Universe is already kneedeep in #.
But to add to that hostility like you people show and self-righteousness in your misbelief against the Church without which you wouldn't be Christian is I think not going to make you popular when Judgement Day comes.

So how do the kidz say these days? 'Repent'?

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
How about this for an argument for those that hate Catholicism and call it 'not-christianity':

1. If Catholics are not christian then Islam becomes the largest religion in the world. If only protestants are Christians, then there are only about 800m of them in the world. Islam comes in at 2 billion, atheism at some 1.3b, Catholics at 1.3b, Hinduism at a billion, and then... so called Christians at 800million. Of course, this is wrong, and there are 2.3b Christians in the world.

2. If Catholics are not Christian, then Christianity is only about 500 years old. Everything Catholic that establishes Christianity, like the Council of Nicene or any of the ecumenical councils that happened over the centuries are not actually christian, right?

I think about 2 billion Christians world-wide would like to have a word with whoever lied to you about them not being christian.

edit on 2-4-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Logically, should not the word “Christian” refer to a way of life that reflects the attitudes, values, and conduct that Christ preached and exemplified?

Jesus said to his followers: “You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you.” (John 15:14)

That is what it means to be a Christian. Jesus also said: “If you know these things, happy you are if you do them.”​—John 13:17.

Clearly, true Christianity is much more than membership in one of the many religions of Christendom. Jesus himself foretold the rise of counterfeit Christians. (Matthew 7:22, 23)

Here's a recognizable aspect of true Christians (that does not fit the behaviour of most members of Christendom, or the official stance or teachings of their denomination, see footnote at the end for an example):

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* [“We do not wage warfare.” Lit., “we are not doing military service.” ...; Lat., non . . . mi·li·ta'mus.] according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God;” (2 Cor 10:3-5)

“A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [121-180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.” (The Rise of Christianity, by E. W. Barnes, 1947, p. 333) “It will be seen presently that the evidence for the existence of a single Christian soldier between 60 and about 165 A.D. is exceedingly slight; . . . up to the reign of Marcus Aurelius at least, no Christian would become a soldier after his baptism.” (The Early Church and the World, by C. J. Cadoux, 1955, pp. 275, 276) “In the second century, Christianity . . . had affirmed the incompatibility of military service with Christianity.” (A Short History of Rome, by G. Ferrero and C. Barbagallo, 1919, p. 382) “The behavior of the Christians was very different from that of the Romans. . . . Since Christ had preached peace, they refused to become soldiers.” (Our World Through the Ages, by N. Platt and M. J. Drummond, 1961, p. 125) “The first Christians thought it was wrong to fight, and would not serve in the army even when the Empire needed soldiers.” (The New World’s Foundations in the Old, by R. and W. M. West, 1929, p. 131) “The Christians . . . shrank from public office and military service.” (Editorial introduction to “Persecution of the Christians in Gaul, A.D. 177,” in The Great Events by Famous Historians, edited by R. Johnson, 1905, Vol. III, p. 246) “While they [the Christians] inculcated the maxims of passive obedience, they refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Vol. I, p. 416.

Footnote from earlier: The legal term for refusing military service is often called “conscientious objection”. Regarding Christian neutrality, the New Catholic Encyclopedia asserts: “Conscientious objection is morally indefensible.” An article in the Reformierte Presse states that a report by African Rights, a human rights organization, on the 1994 Rwandan genocide established the participation of all churches, “with the exception of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Let me guess, only real Christians make a sign an protest-ant about it?
edit on 7-4-2023 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join