It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we get this wrong from the start? (Definition of Satan)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: Untun

And if it's really boring, show them my take on it and see if they have a sense of humor.

I don't think it has ever been written where they laugh about something, anything.

Always so serious.

Just where did humor originate?

The Bible tells us that the Creator is a “happy God,” and that he made man ‘according to his likeness.’ (1 Tim. 1:11; Gen. 1:26) The ability to be happy, to have fun, to enjoy a sense of humor, innate to all races of men, must logically have come from the Creator.

Many animals perform humorous antics. Who can refrain from smiling at a kitten chasing a ball of wool? Who can help but laugh at puppies playing together, the mischievous pranks of monkeys, or the comical expressions of parrots? Jehovah has made certain animals very amusing to us humans, and this provides an unending source of happiness and fun. A sense of humor is clearly God’s gift.

It's all part of the evidence for Creation rather than (chemical and biological) evolution and philosophical naturalism (the notion that it happened by chance, spontaneously, without any conscious decision to make animals humorous, in particular, to humans, and for their enjoyment and happiness).

edit on 6-3-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Happiness and humor is not the same thing and if you look at most comedians, their humor comes from a place where they question things.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's striking though with all the satanists in the world it's still not a good place, lies don't exist and it's all the Christians fault and their God's for not making the Christians good people.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anomin
Since this thread is about the origin of Satan,
Ezekiel verse 28 clearly describes the King of Tyre as if he was a cherub, once belong from the garden of eden, had a splendor in appearance, just resemble so much like Satan.

Now by tracing the king of Tyre's geneology, their founder is very closely related to Satan.

Baal - Abibaal (my father is Baal) - Hiram I - Beleazarus I ...

Baal is often associated with or possibly an identical figure as Beelzebub or Ba'al-zəbûb.

Baal means Lord
Baalzebub means Lord of the flies

Baal is offspring from Dagan and Shalash

Here Dagan is sometimes pronounced as Dogon or dragon in other cultures.

And finally, Baal = Belial is possibly Baal's father or godfather.

Belial, according to Dead Sea scrolls, was the leader of the Sons of darkness which battled against the Sons of light. God's sons are obviously known as angels. This is the war in heaven mentioned in the bible.

Belial was once in the highest order of angels hence possibly given a cherub title.

Satan's real name is most likely pronounced as in between Baal Beel and Belial.

Interesting!

And while I do not think the Book of Enoch is inspired, but a fictional writing of those times. I do think there is pass down of information from Noah and his son's through other ancient cultures.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join