It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have A _____?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The trans movement falls apart if you are who you think you are.

A 30 year old could identify as a 12 year old and have sex with minors.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Oh look, foreskins are big business.... what a surprise.
Why Human Foreskin Is a Hot Commodity in Science

Also funny that people spout circumcision to prevent 'infection' when infection can occur from being circumcised.

Complications of circumcision

The rate of procedure-related complications during and after circumcision in the neonate is approximately 2 to 6 per 1000 [2-4]. This rate increases 20-fold for boys who are circumcised between one and nine years of age, and 10-fold for those circumcised after 10 years of age [3].

Inadequate training of clinicians contributes to complications, as practitioners without formal training may not recognize congenital malformations (eg, congenital buried penis (picture 1) and penoscrotal webbing (picture 2)) that are more likely to result in poor results when using routine conventional methods [5]. Patients with these abnormalities should be referred to a pediatric urologist. The most common complications of male circumcision are bleeding and local infection [2,6,7], followed by unsatisfactory cosmetic results (too little or too much skin removed) and surgical trauma or injury.

2 to 6 per 1000..... if that was a stat for vaccine side effects people would be losing their mind.

ETA: Haven't yet looked into what they do with removed penises from sex changes yet. Would not be surprised if there was a commercial use for them.....
edit on 21-2-2023 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I really suck at being nice, thanks for the effort.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I really suck at being nice, thanks for the effort.

If I spoke the way I really wanted to sometimes on this site when I see the double standards and hypocrisy of folks I would be banned pretty quick.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

in this case you sound like someone coming from a life time of indoctrination on this subject.

Perhaps. However, I don't actually consider any of this an attack on me, but rather an attack on the subject of this thread. You're right that I have never experienced the more natural alternative... who has? It is well known that circumcision after the neo-natal period is much, much more risky and few to my knowledge have had it done. Therefore, with the few numbers of participants and the heightened risk of surgical problems, I tend to doubt that anyone who has had that procedure really understands the perspective of someone who had it done early. There is no one who can accurately compare the two options, because no one has been both neo-natally cirucmcised and uncircumcised.

It's a six-one-way-half-dozen-the-other situation so far as I am concerned. Yeah, occasionally there's a botched job. Yeah, sometimes skipping the procedure leads to infection issues. However, the number of botches is minuscule and the health issues are far from insurmountable, so I tend to let sleeping dogs lie... most of the time. Whatever cranks your tractor. No skin off my... hide.

But other issues are not thus. Sex reassignment, especially at pre-pubescent age, is a major life changer and life destroyer. The poster I replied to (who has yet to prove anything except maybe I have a reflection in a mirror) took a serious issue that is regularly destroying lives and decided to equate it with a procedure that is extremely widespread, has few if any life-changing consequences, and has been practiced without any serious issues for literally thousands of years. That's where my issue begins and ends.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people have this ability to take a serious issue they do not want discussed openly and shift public attention to something so minor. Such actions are obviously covert support of the original subject without any reasonable basis to back up that support. I called him out for that reason only, not because I have any chip on my shoulder.

If we weren't meant to have them then why are we born with them?

Why are we born with our appendix? Removal is pretty free of any adverse conditions and is routine surgery. Sometimes that thing gets infected and needs to be removed... I imagine if it weren't for the expense and trouble getting to it, all kids would like have it removed at birth. The issues with not having an appendix are very, very minor; people live completely normal lives without a appendix (my son had to have his removed and is fine years later), but it is life-threatening to have an appendix that becomes inflamed.

I have no tonsils; my son has his. Same issue; they became inflamed when I was young. My parents had them removed (which led to me now being quite immune to just about everything; I was kind of sickly before that). Why was I born with tonsils?

However, I find it amusing that your statement, while generally true enough, applies greatly to the actual subject of the thread. If a child is born make, with the appendages thereof, why are we suddenly fine with removing them? Females tend to develop their own appendages during puberty; yet we are OK with stopping that from occurring with puberty-postponing drugs?

Seems there may be a double standard happening here.

Hell I've had plenty of American friends who have admitted to circumcising their kids, and religion and hygiene weren't even a factor.

Thank you! That was my original point to the other poster! He seems to think that circumcision is always based on some religious ritual. As I understand it, that is only for Orthodox Jews, a very tiny minority of the population everywhere except one small, singular country. For others, it is for hygienic purposes (even if the true reason is the appearance of hygiene). The issue with hospitals wanting to circumcise falls into this category; many doctors here do believe it leads to better hygiene. But for most, on both sides of the issue, it's just "how things are done."

I'm glad to hear you have no issues with your parents' decision. Neither have I. So can we finally get back to discussing things that do have documented, regular, almost guaranteed medical issues?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I really suck at being nice

We all noticed.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Shouldn't the question have been "Do you want a penis?"

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

At least, I don't suck at self-reflection.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Terpene

Show me proof of the harm.

TheRedneck

Have you ever watched a video of a baby being circumcised and heard them screaming like an animal?

"Circumcision: Trauma for a Newborn Boy (Thoughts on Male Genital Mutilation)"

The man in the video says he didn't know he was circumcised until he was 19......
(No babies were harmed in the making of this video... btw).
edit on 22-2-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

No. If you are in a capacity to recommend someone, a child no less, receive something as permanently life altering and requiring of continuous maintenance care as bottom surgery, shouldn't you be someone who knows exactly what it is you are recommending? So "Do you have a penis" is relevant. Is your knowledge direct or theoretical?

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
And yet, incontinence issues occur in about 25% of these gender-changing surgeries, including a lifetime increased risk for UTIs. It's interesting that I am having difficulty finding the complication rate for these surgeries. The last I heard some 30% of the surgeries result in painful complications. There is an organization out there composed of post-surgery members that are trying to spread the word as to how difficult and painful these transformations are, admitting that the medical community did not properly inform them of all of the things that could go wrong.

My nephew had this surgery, and he is miserable. He is in his late twenties and completely regrets it.

In no way does circumcision even comes close to the complication rate of trans surgeries.

reply to: AtomicKangaroo

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If he has a penis I don't care if He had 1,000 surgeries to try to look like a woman. What's more, if your genes say you are a man, or a woman, that's what you are. No fantasies and not amount of wanting the opposite will change that fact.

I will never succumb to the fascist doctrine of leftists attempting to force me to say that a man is a woman or a woman is a man.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Not to make light of the situation, but I have two Huskies that look like cats. They were born as cats but they have been around nothing but humans and Huskies, since they were five weeks old. The Huskies accept them as members of the pack, and they have no idea what a cat is. They identify as Huskies, and I think it is cruel and down right criminal, for anyone to to try to make them think otherwise.

They do however use a litter box, but they do so only because they don't want to offend the humans.

Okay. Maybe I am making light of the situation.

Sorry.

Animals don't have the same level of intelligence and knowledge as humans do.

Do you know why small breeds of dogs tend to bark to larger dogs even to the point that some larger dogs have killed the smaller breeds? Small breeds of dogs are not conscious to know they are small. They think they are just regular dogs and bark and bother larger dogs even to the point that some larger dogs get tired of being bothered and kill them.

Heck, have you ever seen larger dogs behave as if they were still puppies and small? That's because they are not conscious to know they have grown up and are bigger.

Dogs also don't know the difference between humans and dogs. They think YOU are their pet and that you are part of their pack.

You should know the difference, animals don't as they are not conscious of what they are or of their limits.

edit on 22-2-2023 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. If you are in a capacity to recommend someone, a child no less, receive something as permanently life altering and requiring of continuous maintenance care as bottom surgery, shouldn't you be someone who knows exactly what it is you are recommending? So "Do you have a penis" is relevant. Is your knowledge direct or theoretical?

Ironic that in the era of 'stay in your lane' an 'expert' objects to being asked what exactly her lane is.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The senator from Arkansas was asking his question to adults not minors. My reply question was aimed the same way the senator's was, to adults.
edit on q00000002228America/Chicago3838America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join