It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question about FSME

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
is it something you apply for or are you asked to do so by staff?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
is it something you apply for or are you asked to do so by staff?

You get asked I believe, you have to contribute lots to that forum and/or have a very high knowledge of the topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Really?

Could have fooled me in some topics

Anyway, that's quite enough from me on the matter

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I formally nominate DeltaNine for the position of FSME in the Rant forum. He seems to know a lot about it. lol

j/k DN

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's because I'm sexy

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
oh I forgot to mention in some cases there are different rules..

for example infinite is FSME of the NWO forum because he knows alot about it and he leads the NWO...inside info hush hush

[edit on 7-4-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's not really inside info, though, is it?

I mean, you can't be an expert on something that may or may not exist or that has so many differant variations without being a paid up life member of said nefarious organisation.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
It's not really inside info, though, is it?

I mean, you can't be an expert on something that may or may not exist or that has so many differant variations without being a paid up life member of said nefarious organisation.

I've actually always wondered that, and just been lazy and never asked. Although, I suppose you could just pick a story, and stick to it, and there's not concrete evidence to truly prove you wrong...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That's what I'm here for- to ask the hard questions.

*Cue LA Law theme*

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
There are many forums that could benefit from FSME's, that don't currently have them...imho. I'm trying to revive the idea as much as I can, as I think it's a good one.

As far as I understand it, it's usually picked by members of the DISC committee (a mix of members and mods), see that forum for more details on it.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

As far as I understand it, it's usually picked by members of the DISC committee (a mix of members and mods), see that forum for more details on it.

psssst - you can't see that forum unless you're a DISC member.

*giggle*

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think the FSME should be revived, and to have multiple FSME's for each board (a good no. would be 3). These should be contributors to the board who have a decent deal of knowledge of the subject area and those who are online regularly and contributing.

multiple FSME's would be a good thing to me IMO in the weaponry and aircraft projects forums. Also I feel that there is a need for FSME's in the peak oil forum, as many people are ignorant to the science (or the accepted scientific theories) of how oil and coal are created and have not read scientific journal articles on the theory of peak oil and on alternative energy (nuclear, wind, solar etc) and those who are unfamiliar with basic geology and the mechanics of the earth.This may end up breeding misinformation and ignorance among the community about our energy situation and could make an interesting new forum one that is a total joke .

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm not so sure on multiples per forum, but there are many that could benefit from an FSME...especially the more technical and science-related forums, and medical. Would even be nice to have someone with some theology credentials in the religious forums, etc.

psssst - you can't see that forum unless you're a DISC member.

*giggle*

Doh!
*smacks forehead* Been awhile since I met a forum I couldn't access, hehe....

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I LOVE the idea. The first person I ran into when I arrived here (other than THENEO, of course) was intelgurl. Had the hugest crush on her. And then cmdrkeenkid. I was quickly impressed with the vast intelligences they both possesed, and used. I respect them both, and Infinite, to an enormous degree.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I formally nominate DeltaNine for the position of FSME in the Rant forum. He seems to know a lot about it. lol

j/k DN

Having had chatted with D=9 in chat I can safely second the nomination,,,,,,good luck mate I hope you enjoy your new position .....hehehe lmfao sorry D=9 couldnt resist mate.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just so everyone knows DeltaNine and I have joked around like that a few times so he knows I was just playing.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Actually, I've submitted a 1500 word complaint on your conduct here.

I have a 1200 word essay due for Uni, but I felt this was far more entertaining.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Originally posted by kinglizard

j/k DN

And as for YOU young man...lets just say the Hoff is going to have much fun!

Having had chatted with D=9 in chat I can safely second the nomination,,,,,,good luck mate I hope you enjoy your new position .....hehehe lmfao sorry D=9 couldnt resist mate.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Actually, I've submitted a 1500 word complaint on your conduct here.

I would like to say I'm surprised but....

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

And as for YOU young man...lets just say the Hoff is going to have much fun!

Dang Hoff always butting in where he is not welcome....no wonder why I want to nuke him and his firebird to

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join