It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Pope get a better "Heaven" than the rest of us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

nunestary/orpanage where nuns forced young girls to eat their own vomit and feaces. It is EVERYWHERE.. but if you want to stay in denial that is your perogative.

Id love to see your source on that. That sounds a bit much....

Funny how the church prefers cash payouts rather than proving innocence.. so you assume all these people are lieing? No wonder they rarely report it.

Um no, like I said..I think alot of people are now coming out because of money, NOT ALL of them. Wheres theres smoke you can usually find a fire, doesnt mean its a raging inferno.

Wow. I guess I must have got a bit confused by the title of this thread.

Yes, the title is DOES the pope get a better heaven. A question. Get it straight before you start a condesending reply. Also, try reading the entire post, before you roll your eyes.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

nunestary/orpanage where nuns forced young girls to eat their own vomit and feaces. It is EVERYWHERE.. but if you want to stay in denial that is your perogative.

Id love to see your source on that. That sounds a bit much....

What.. compared to priests sodomising young boys? There was an extensive piece about it on 60 minutes a while ago- girls who couldn't eat their meals that actually had bugs etc. in it were forced to re-eat it for being ungrateful. As punnishments girls used to have to walk around with [used] excrement buckets on their heads. This happened apx in the 1950/60s. If you want more info google it. There a thousands of websites related to clergy and child abuse.. especially in orpanages. It's not just a 'handful' of victims.
Here is a piece about the pope's apology [and proof that its not just in america:

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2001/11/23/MN172663.DTL

Pope offers apology for sex abuse
23 countries report incidents by priests

Rome -- Pope John Paul II offered an apology yesterday for sexual abuse by Roman Catholic clergy, saying it had caused the victims "great suffering and spiritual harm" and had damaged the church.

Yes, the title is DOES the pope get a better heaven. A question. Get it straight before you start a condesending reply. Also, try reading the entire post, before you roll your eyes.

I answered 'no'..: to qualify for heaven you must be a moral person.. I then gave some examples of some immoral actions of the pope and how they would mean he is not more likely to qualify for a 'better' heaven than anyone else.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by riley]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Wow....im amazed by the stupidity of that question.....yeah the pope goes to the VIP section of heaven....the rest of us wait in line outside lying about being on the "list".....its not a club man...its HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Uforia_

Wow....im amazed by the stupidity of that question.....yeah the pope goes to the VIP section of heaven....the rest of us wait in line outside lying about being on the "list".....its not a club man...its HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

Funny, a "stupid" crack from, someone who cant spell "euphoria"..but I digress... This is an open ended question. Feel free to figure out which opening you can place it in.....

[edit on 8-4-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well, with the passing of the pope this week, I got to thinking about heaven. I wondered if heaven has levels. I mean, does the Pope get a better version of heaven, since he was the Pope? Does he get a better version, than say, some schmo who just barely made it in?

I'm with UFOria here. And he spells it UFORIA because it starts with UFO you maroon. But anyhoo.... There are not different levels in heaven. We have different levels on Earth. Heaven might as well be Earth if there are different levels. Heaven is the same for everyone. And how does some shmoe just barely get in?? Everyone gets in.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

"stupid" crack from, someone who cant spell "euphoria"

Really ....my response was stupid....yet you started a thread pondering if the Pope gets a better Heaven than others do.....right....i see your logic here.....do yourself a favor man...put down the spliff....

As far as my name is concearned, since your not quite sharp enough to figure it out for yourself i see Zabilgy was kind enough to point out the obvious for you....Thanx Zabilgy....He needed you to connect the dots for him...hes a little slow

top topics

<< 1   >>

join