It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there spiritual practices that take years or decades to bear fruit?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonslayer83
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If it's possible I want to know the answers to life's mysteries: is there a God, do I have a purpose, is there life after death, etc. Spirituality tackles these questions. I want the truth. I want to be content. If there's an afterlife, I want to prepare for it. If there's no afterlife, then I want to live a virtuous and content life. I don't really know what I want or seek, because I don't know what's out there.

The truth is achievable to be "observed", but your vision of it will always depend on your perspective, that is: what your mind is ready to accept. The issue is that the mind has a limit, it doesn't "see" beyond a certain point. The real truth can only be experienced with your heart. If you achieve it, it will be an emotional process, not an intellectual one. And you'll feel that oneness like a wave of freedom and light going through your being. To summarize what all the worthy paths seems to coincide on:

- Yes, there is a God, and you are God's child.
- The purpose of life is simply living it. The universe is as simple, as it is divine.
- Things like content, or worried, or depressed, are illusions of the mind. The mind is very useful, but it's also very tricky, beware of that. If you close your eyes, silence down your mind and go deep in you heart, no matter how broken you are, you'll feel the subtle warm and gentleness of your soul, which is your direct connection to God. It is there, you just need to learn to put your mind away and find your true emotional self. Meditation, many call it. Although I don't agree with that word.
- There is no "afterlife", because there is no death to begin with. That is the illusion of the material world (your body can mislead you). What people call death is simply a transition to a different state. No need to worry what's beyond, you'll get there eventually. And it will be simple as divine, as everything made by God.

That being said, let me add one thing: all the worthy paths seem to also coincide in one thing: the Golden Rule. If you follow it, you are will not just be living a virtuous and content life, but you'll also be "preparing" for every potential afterlife that you might encounter.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Never too late. Look at Doreen Virtue haha. Put psychic development classes to the test, just don't become penniless for it. Better yet, put the Creator(s) of infinite things to the test. Ultimately, you will see your journey as sacred and that everyone else is on it with you. Godspeed.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

What have you learned or discovered about remote viewing? What do you see, what are the benefits?

Remote viewing when meeting with other remote viewers for a let's call it a mission of good, such as everyone remote viewing to the bedside of an ill person to share collective healing energies. But doing it alone for your own purposes, such as remote viewing on a lost love is invading someone else's personal energy (space). So the benefits can be good deeds as a collective.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

What have you learned or discovered about remote viewing? What do you see, what are the benefits?

Remote viewing when meeting with other remote viewers for a let's call it a mission of good, such as everyone remote viewing to the bedside of an ill person to share collective healing energies. But doing it alone for your own purposes, such as remote viewing on a lost love is invading someone else's personal energy (space). So the benefits can be good deeds as a collective.

Lol. If you want to want to visit someone ill and share some good feelings, why don't you take the bus and go to the nearest hospital, I'm sure there are good volunteering programs. Be honest, 99% of the people who gets involved in all those occult practices are just trying to spy on others. And you are not remote viewing anything, you are contacting a low level spirit that is showing you what it wants to show you, to trap you, to seduce you with the illusion of power, while taking wisdom away from you.

You have much to learn quintessentone...

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

Lol. If you want to want to visit someone ill and share some good feelings, why don't you take the bus and go to the nearest hospital, I'm sure there are good volunteering programs. Be honest, 99% of the people who gets involved in all those occult practices are just trying to spy on others. And you are not remote viewing anything, you are contacting a low level spirit that is showing you what it wants to show you, to trap you, to seduce you with the illusion of power, while taking wisdom away from you.

That's not what's it about, it's about helping out a fellow friend who asks for healing energy, the same can be said of those asking for prayers. It has nothing to do with contacting any low level spirits. Prayers are not necessarily healing energy. So please don't comment on things you know nothing about.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That's not what's it about, it's about helping out a fellow friend who asks for healing energy, the same can be said of those asking for prayers. It has nothing to do with contacting any low level spirits. Prayers are not necessarily healing energy. So please don't comment on things you know nothing about.

Healing is a process of the body. The body is controlled mostly by the mind and, obviously, as a result of the person's diet. We all know what remote viewing is and what it is used for, but well, if you want to create your own tale about it, go ahead. Low level spirits have very tricky ways to convince you of things, so it doesn't surprise me at all that you don't see the contradictions in your words. Anyway, free will. As said, I think you still have a lot to learn... but just take it as my opinion, don't get pissed off over such a small thing.

Best,
edit on 7-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What he said.

I have been actively practising, Daoism, meditation, Hindu rituals, Thelema, Western Hermetic Magick for about 20+ years and one thing is for sure, it is not just a path, it is a real road.
All roads have bumps and detours and pitfalls and traps.
It's not a smooth ride.
One year you will be on point the whole time, one year you may try your best but things just aren't working out.
The key thing is to at least keep to basic practises and readings and always think of yourself and surroundings in a spiritual, 'ultimate mode' way. If that makes any kind of sense.

I would start with basic sitting meditation and breathing exercises, utilising just counting breaths and also moving 'breath' up your spine and various chakras.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Healing is a process of the body. The body is controlled mostly by the mind and, obviously, as a result of the person's diet. We all know what remote viewing is and what it is used for, but well, if you want to create your own tale about it, go ahead. Low level spirits have very tricky ways to convince you of things, so it doesn't surprise me at all that you don't see the contradictions in your words. Anyway, free will. As said, I think you still have a lot to learn... but just take it as my opinion, don't get pissed off over such a small thing.

Best,

Obviously you don't know what remote viewing is because it has nothing to do with low level spirits convincing anyone or anything so again your opinion is based on something other than remote viewing. I never get pissed at people, like you, who need to be educated.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Best,

Obviously you don't know what remote viewing is because it has nothing to do with low level spirits convincing anyone or anything so again your opinion is based on something other than remote viewing. I never get pissed at people, like you, who need to be educated.

Ok..... right....

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Best,

Ok..... right....

Whatever you are doing that invites low level spirits is not remote viewing so you need to find out what exactly you are doing and what practice it is so as not to confuse the OP.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Best,

Ok..... right....

Whatever you are doing that invites low level spirits is not remote viewing so you need to find out what exactly you are doing and what practice it is so as not to confuse the OP.

What you don't get is that your mind doesn't travel anywhere, but it's being taken. You just don't see the strings, because if you did, you wouldn't like it as much. There are fantastic tricksters. Anyway, Iron Man of the Astral Plane, I let you be with your illusion of "psychic powers". Don't want to burst that balloon. Wish you well.

Regarding the OP, remote viewing doesn't help AT ALL for your spiritual journey. Completely unneeded. It's an illusion that caters to your insecurities and inferiority complex (if you have them), which makes you believe that you have "power" or that you are "a special boy".... By the way, most of the "visions" these "remote viewers" have always end up having the opposite effect they wanted in the first place. They don't get that the whole aim is to frustrate them and make them feel helpless after feeling special... that's how you break someone's mind.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Best,

Ok..... right....

What you don't get is that your mind doesn't travel anywhere, but it's being taken. You just don't see the strings, because if you did, you wouldn't like it as much. There are fantastic tricksters. Anyway, Iron Man of the Astral Plane, I let you be with your illusion of "psychic powers". Don't want to burst that balloon. Wish you well.

Yes the mind does travel wherever you want it to, as mine and many others' minds also. If you were unable to achieve that then don't tell anyone else that it can't be done because you failed. Yes there are fantastic tricksters but they have to be invited in during what I term as exploratory psychic practices opening any and all unknown portals with no fixed intent, and even if they are invited in, they can just as easily be kicked to the astral curb with knowhow.

Whether there's evidence for it or not. I'm open to all practices, especially ones that bear fruit after years of practice.

Well Dragonslayer83, you see everyone's path and understanding of others' paths leaves many questions, so my advice is try different practices to find your own path but first learn protection. I use sage smoke cleansing, aura cleaning and protection cleansing with meditative work, crystal work, stones, and I'm just a fierce spirit so most trickster spirits don't mess with me.

I hope when you do find your path and practices that the fruit it bears will be positive.
edit on q00000051228America/Chicago5656America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q00000052228America/Chicago5858America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonslayer83
First step, get out and commune with Nature.
Pick your place, lake, mountains, beach, forest?
Go for a day, but make it a habit. Go for longer if you're brave enough.
No phone (or at very least disciplined to be switched off and for emergency use only) or other 'electronics.
As little interaction with other humans as possible.
Start there....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Best,

Ok..... right....

Yes the mind does travel wherever you want it to, as mine and many others' minds also. If you were unable to achieve that then don't tell anyone else that it can't be done because you failed. Yes there are fantastic tricksters but they have to be invited in during what I term as exploratory psychic practices opening any and all unknown portals with no fixed intent, and even if they are invited in, they can just as easily be kicked to the astral curb with knowhow.

Lol. Lord, your power trip is something Mr. Iron Man, you fly around wherever you want, take numbers and kick bums. You're like the Chuck Norris of the Astral Realm! Lol. What you don't get is that once you go INTO THEIR REALM, they don't need to get invited anymore, you are in their territory... Their favorite trick it to make you believe that you have power over them, it's the oldest one in the book. Anyway... this would be all for today. Pleased to meet you though, no ill intent from me.

May you have a happy life.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Best,

Ok..... right....

Lol. Lord, your power trip is something Mr. Iron Man, you fly around wherever you want, take numbers and kick bums, as you want. You're like the Chuck Norris of the Astral Realm! Lol. What you don't get is that once you go INTO THEIR REALM, they don't need to get invited anymore, you are in their territory... Their favorite trick it to make you believe that you have power over them, it's the oldest one in the book. Anyway... this would be all for today. Pleased to meet you though, no ill intent from me.

Have a happy life.

As I said above, they don't mess with me and I choose my portal wisely and with protection.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'm 32, and I've been putting off doing anything spiritual my whole life. Am I, or anyone older, too late to commit to certain practices? This includes anything that falls under spirituality like: meditation, astral travel, auras, chakras, astrology, yoga, tarot, etc. Whether the benefits are physical or metaphysical. Whether there's evidence for it or not. I'm open to all practices, especially ones that bear fruit after years of practice.

Another important advice, if you are a man, don't "shake the milksman's hand" more than twice a month.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Best,

Ok..... right....

Lol. Lord, your power trip is something Mr. Iron Man, you fly around wherever you want, take numbers and kick bums, as you want. You're like the Chuck Norris of the Astral Realm! Lol. What you don't get is that once you go INTO THEIR REALM, they don't need to get invited anymore, you are in their territory... Their favorite trick it to make you believe that you have power over them, it's the oldest one in the book. Anyway... this would be all for today. Pleased to meet you though, no ill intent from me.

Have a happy life.

As I said above, they don't mess with me and I choose my portal wisely and with protection.

Ok, I'll write you a serious message (I always try to be funny, but this time I'll try not to) and that would be it: I've heard so many people say those exact same words you are writing... lost count. I'm old, which means that I have the experience to be able to tell when someone is lying to him/herself or not.

I really don't mean any harm to you friend, or give you a bad time, all the contrary. You are a brother, or a sister, all good. What you don't realize is that I can see through your writing how unsatisfied and discontent you are with life. And what you don't understand is that this is due to all the spiritual interference that you are tapping into, which is draining you slowly. That's what the tricksters feed on, and they are good at it, they've been doing it for thousands of years.

The only reason why you brag about having all this "power", is because deep down you know you don't have it, but you wish you did. It's basic psychology 101. I'm not judging you, I get you, I was young once as well. Life advice (take it or leave it): stay on the sunny side of the road kid, leave the darkness where it should be, and things will get better. Much love.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Best,

Ok..... right....

Have a happy life.

Ok, I'll write to you a serious message (I always try to be funny) and that would be it: I've heard so many people say those exact same words you are writing... lost count. I'm old, which means that I have the experience to be able to tell when someone is lying to him/herself. I really don't mean any harm to you friend, all the contrary. What you don't realize is that I can see through your writing how unsatisfied and discontent you are with life. And what you don't get is that spiritual interference that you are tapping into is what is draining you slowly and slowly. The only reason why you brag about having all this "power", is because deep down you know you don't have it, but you wish you did. I get you, I was young once as well. Life advice (take it or leave it): stay in the sunny side of the street kid, leave the darkness where it should be, and things will get better. Much love.

With that I suppose you think all these people in this organization have the same problem?

www.irva.org...

To me you may be aged in body but are still very young in spirit, grasshopper, you should read through this thread and take everyone's advice as well because you need to get off the internet and heal your spirit.

Dragnslayer83, just in case you are interested here are some links.

remoteviewing.link...
edit on q00000011228America/Chicago4141America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Best,

Ok..... right....

Have a happy life.

Ok, I'll write to you a serious message (I always try to be funny) and that would be it: I've heard so many people say those exact same words you are writing... lost count. I'm old, which means that I have the experience to be able to tell when someone is lying to him/herself. I really don't mean any harm to you friend, all the contrary. What you don't realize is that I can see through your writing how unsatisfied and discontent you are with life. And what you don't get is that spiritual interference that you are tapping into is what is draining you slowly and slowly. The only reason why you brag about having all this "power", is because deep down you know you don't have it, but you wish you did. I get you, I was young once as well. Life advice (take it or leave it): stay in the sunny side of the street kid, leave the darkness where it should be, and things will get better. Much love.

With that I suppose you think all these people in this organization have the same problem?

www.irva.org...

To me you may be aged in body but are still very young in spirit, grasshopper, you should read through this thread and take everyone's advice as well because you need to get off the internet and heal your spirit.

Dragnslayer83, just in case you are interested here are some links.

remoteviewing.link...

So you think that something is "right" because "many people" in a website think it is?... Well, in that case I believe that you also had the covid jabs with the 3 boosters, and these few years you've been using multiple masks and hiding under the bed to not catch the "virus"... Sorry to hear that. And more sorry to see you not realizing how wrong you are about many things. Hope you get better, seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join