It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Text of Pope's Last Will and Testament (Mockery of Christianism)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
From the Text of Pope's Last Will and Testament

"I place into the hands of the Mother of My Master: Totus Tuus. "

staging.hosted.ap.org...

There is no such thing as the "Mother of My Master" in the Bible or anywhere else in christian books.

TOTUS TUUS - the denial of God.

A catholic can only have one master: God, the Holy Trinity.
Holy Mary is NOT the Holy Trinity.
Catholics don't worship Mary or saints. They see them as intermediaries. They pray for their intercession on our behalf.

That was the trick of the pope, saying about Mary "I AM ALL YOURS"
He is not worshipping a false trinity. He is replacing the Holy Trinity with Mary.

------
Now let's see the real testament of the pope - these quotes from the last 7 years
"Globalization presents the demand for solidarity(unanimous support) particularly the construction of a more human world for all." John Paul ll May 14 2002, Global Forum in Rome.

"It is the duty of all believers, to whichever religion they belong, to proclaim that we can never be happy pitted one against the other, the future of humanity will never be able to be secured by terrorism and by the logic of war." John Paul ll Sunday remarks from studio window, Feb 23, 2003

"make every effort of avoid new divisions in the world" John Paul ll to Prime Minister Tony Blair at meeting at Vatican Feb 21, 2003

"War must never be allowed to divide world religions" "good inter-religious relations are important at this moment of heightened tension in the entire world community." John Paul ll to visiting Catholic bishops from Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim country, Mar 29 2003

"The Holy Father explained the Holy Spirit is mysteriously present in the heart of every person. through the practice of what is good in their own religious traditions, and following the dictates of their consciences, members of other religions positively respond to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even though they may not recognize Him as their Savior." Vatican Information Service reporting on what the Pope had to say on the 'Seeds of Truth in Non-Christian Religions', Sep, 1998 (ok it is not a quote but second hand reporting from the Vatican.)

"I also entrust myself once again to you (Mary) and with confident affection I repeat to you: Totus tuus ego sum! I am all yours! " John Paul ll on occasion of World Youth Day 2003

"May all of you-partners in interreligious dialog- be encouraged and sustained by the knowledge that your endeavors are supported by the Catholic Church and appreciated by her as significant for strengthening the bonds which unite all people..." "in doing so (receiving monks of other religions) you offer a setting wherein a meeting of mind and heart can take place, a meeting characterized by a shared sense of brotherhood in the one human family that opens the way of even deeper spiritual dialog. " John Paul ll in meeting between Zen monks and Benedictine monks..he said that they can learn from each other and about their respective meditative practices and spiritual experiences. Theosophical Digest, Dec 1989

(it is) "clear that the future lies in unity and solidarity" (he called for ) "strengthening of the bond...between Christians and other great religions which flourish here." "May the resources of the church...set unity and love as their supreme goal." John Paul ll to Christians in Amman Jordan at a mass. This was part of his week long pilgrimage to the Holy Land to visit Christians, Muslims and Jews for meetings on peace and interfaith dialogue. July 29, 2003

"I come to you as a pilgrim of peace. My presence among you is a sign that the Catholic Church wants to enter a dialogue with the religions of the world." "religion must not be a pretext for conflict" "the peoples of all faiths must shun the path of isolation and division." John Paul ll in New Dehli India at a mass in which he drew parallels between Djwali, the Hindu festival of lights. The mass was punctuated by English and Hindi hymns, traditional dances from across Asia and prayers (to who?) offered in several languages. the stadium service was adapted for Hindu culture, with priests ringing bells and showering petals in traditional temple rituals. He later met with Hindu, buddhist, Sikh, Muslim, Jain, Parsee, Jewish and Baha'i leaders. Nov 7, 1999

" world...will, in fact, be transformed into a world in which the noblest aspirations of the human heart will triumph, a world in which true peace will prevail." John Paul ll quoted by sister Loretto Marie Colwell at Service of World Religions for Peace,at which representatives from 10 faith traditions took part, took placed at Christ the King Catholic Church in Topeka. Jan 27, 2002. The service was inspired by a similar gathering that took place Thursday in Assisi, Italy, in which Pope John Paul ll was joined by more than 200 religious leaders from around the world to pray for peace.

Pope encouraged the bishops of Indonesia to "work together as brothers, committed to peace, with your own people and with those of other religious beliefs, all men and women of good will, in order to ensure understanding, cooperation and solidarity." "Authentic religion does not advocate terrorism or violence but seeks in every way the unity and peace of the whole human family." John Paul ll in address to bishops in Indonesia March 29, 2003.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by MattMarriott]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
From the Text of Pope's Last Will and Testament

"I place into the hands of the Mother of My Master: Totus Tuus. "

There is no such thing as the "Mother of My Master" in the Bible or anyhwere else in christian books.

That statement is referring to the Virgin Mary the mother of Jesus. Many catholic prayers are directed at the Blessed Virgin Mary for peace, comfort and understanding. The statement is within the Catholic belief structure. The term TOTUS TUUS is best explained in the quote below.

TOTUS TUUS is Latin for “Totally Yours” and the motto of Pope John Paul II. Taken From St. Louis de Monfort’s great work, True Devotion to Mary, it represents our desire to give ourselves entirely to Jesus Christ through the hands of His Immaculate Mother. TOTUS TUUS, then, reminds us of the tremendous and sometimes difficult call to spend ourselves for Christ through the intercession of His Mother, and to preach the gospel to all nations.
www.denvertotustuus.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Seems to me that he was referring to the Virgin Mary to whom, my understanding is, he was rather devoted to.

The concept of death in the hands of the mother of Jesus is not a new one to devoted Christians.

I'm not sure what the rest of your post has to do with the Pope's will. It would be more suited for debates about whether or not you agreed with his political ideals, but doesn't seem terribly relevant to his last will and testament regarding funeral arrangements etc.

Could you clarify what you intend to say?

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
The concept of death in the hands of the mother of Jesus is not a new one to devoted Christians.

It's a new one to me...and...I think I'm a devoted Christian.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah the Pope was a big fan of Isis worship, oops I meant Mary.

Edit: There was discussion of this here www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/7/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Djarums

It's a new one to me...and...I think I'm a devoted Christian.

hmm i have never heard of that either.
perhaps they should have said catholic and not christion. espesialy since the "worship of mary" is one of the big divideing points between catholic and other christians.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
hmm i have never heard of that either.
perhaps they should have said catholic and not christion. espesialy since the "worship of mary" is one of the big divideing points between catholic and other christians.

It's not really, "Worship of Mary." Rather prayers to Mary to intercede with God on your behalf. At least thats how that, and prayers to Saints was explained to me

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Click the link below for a side by side comparison of Roman Catholic and Protestant beliefs .

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So what is your problem MattMarriott? Listen, I am not a Big fan of "Popes" either - you will not find Pope Worship anywhere in the Bible! This Last Pope in Particular however was Different & Special - many Jews will agree with me on this! I believe that he was a Genuinely Loving & Caring man. Just read the Stuff of his that you Quoted - Obviously he was a MYSTIC. The Word CATHOLIC actually means UNIVERSAL. The word Church (far from simply meaning a "Building") comes from the Greek Word "Ecclesia" = Congregation - i.e. "Church"!

What we need in the world now is more Understanding! We need more Open & MYSTICAL Interpretations & *LESS Fundamentalism*! If you ask me Fundamentalism - of ANY KIND - can only lead to Death & Murder!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There's a comparison table of the Biblican Mary and the Catholic Mary here:

www.remnantofgod.org...

Edit:
That comes from this source www.catholicconcerns.com...

[edit on 4/7/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Matt not to be offensive , but are you a scholar of biblical studies or in some way learned enough to be picking apart this statement , beside the 2 flawed statements already pointed out , your analysis seems to be flawed and quite frankly border line antagonistic. Where your motivations to find a conspiracy and thats what prompted your approach , if so you have approached this matter already knowing you where going to find a conspiracy where none exists.

You drew a conclusion on a hypothesis before seing the evidence.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinatracementshoes
It's not really, "Worship of Mary." Rather prayers to Mary to intercede with God on your behalf. At least thats how that, and prayers to Saints was explained to me

On my behalf? It's not necessary as Hebrews 4:14 says:

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

There's more to the chapter, basically saying "No one takes this honor upon himself; he must be called by God, just as Aaron was." etc...

What's interesting in these passages is the emphasis that Jesus was our bridge to approach God with grace and confidence.

As pointed out, this argument is an ancient one between Protest-ants and Roman Catholics so I don't expect a resolution today. Both however, are Christians as far as I know. When meeting someone of faith, instead of asking denomination I ask people "are you John 3:16"? If the answer is yes, then they've accepted that promise and I'm confident I'll be seeing them in the life eternal.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I haven't heard of this either of course i am not a catholic, i am a methodist, but i highly doubt it was a mockery of God.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

On my behalf?

They don't pray for Mary to intercede with God. Basically, they pray to Mary to pray with them for intercession. Catholics do believe that Jesus is the one intercessor with God.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was born a cathloic and reject cathloic's idea of mary.

"Oh mary, mother of god"

Rosary has 5 hail mary's and one our father.

I'll have to look into isa worship, mabe it has something to do with this.

In simple term's christian cathloic, put mary the mother of jesus higher then jesus and god him self. I find this to be very offensive. True christianity, is in the gospels. The idea that, certain churchs are in right direction. I don't belive that. Most likely all of them have flaws and weakness, cathlolic, mary is the problem. Church of england, divorce is the problem, anlican, homosexuality is the problem.

Look at the oblisk, and ground looks like a sun. This could be sun worship and illumanti control. Oblisk in the cathloic church, well could only mean illumanti control. I've drive past grave in australia and i found that 40% of the gaves had oblisks, i was think mmm these people must of had differenent religion and secret religion. It should be big cross at the vatican not a oblisk.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruth123

No. Each decade has one Our Father, 10 Hail Marys, and one Glory Be.
There are 5 decades in each set of mysteries.
There are 4 mysteries, including the Luminous Mysteries, which this pope
started.
Each decade of the rosary has a different meditation on the life of Jesus.
The only exception to that is the last two decades - Mary is assumed into Heaven, and Mary is crowned Queen of Heaven and Earth. Both of those
are based on Catholic tradition.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinatracementshoes
Rather prayers to Mary to intercede with God on your behalf.

On my behalf? It's not necessary as ...

Catholics believe in the Communion of Saints. Translated ...
Catholics believe that we all can (and should) pray for each other
to Jesus. People pray for each other all the time, people ask each
other for prayers all the time .... saints are people who have gone
home to Heaven and Catholics believe those people can pray for
those still here if they are asked to do so.

You may not think it is necessary for people to pray for you ... but
I for one am VERY glad to have people praying for me to Jesus, no
matter if they are on earth, or already in Heaven.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I see other posts have been made that say some of what I say below. I guess I type too slow for a newbie.

Originally posted by TheTruth123
I was born a cathloic and reject cathloic's idea of mary.

"Oh mary, mother of god"

I'll have to look into isa worship, mabe it has something to do with this.

The rosary is nothing more then a meditation of Jesus' life.

In simple term's christian cathloic, put mary the mother of jesus higher then jesus and god him self. I find this to be very offensive.

This is also not true. Perhaps it seems that way to you given the various media coverage of the pope's death. I have heard many incorrect statements by persons in the media and their so called experts on the Catholic religion. The funny thing is that most of these "experts" are not even Catholic themselves. It is a difficult religion to "learn". I was born one and 27 years later I am still learning new things, and I went to Catholic grade school and high school.

True christianity, is in the gospels. The idea that, certain churchs are in right direction. I don't belive that. Most likely all of them have flaws and weakness, cathlolic, mary is the problem. Church of england, divorce is the problem, anlican, homosexuality is the problem.

The two Episcopal churches I have been to, while browsing their hymn books, I noticed all kinds of writings in them that essentially said how the church of rome was evil and full of Satan. Most other Christian denominations seem to like to pile up on the Catholics (as far as I have experienced).

Look at the oblisk, and ground looks like a sun. This could be sun worship and illumanti control. Oblisk in the cathloic church, well could only mean illumanti control. I've drive past grave in australia and i found that 40% of the gaves had oblisks, i was think mmm these people must of had differenent religion and secret religion. It should be big cross at the vatican not a oblisk.

everywhere one looks they can find "meanings" and symbols.

The below link shows that even Martin Luther was a big fan of Mary
ic.net...
There are also links to counter points at the end of the page.

I view the Mary/Saint thing as being no different then asking someone to pray with you before you eat or asking someone to keep your mom in their prayers while she is in the hospital. It is really nothing more then that. The saints and Mary are people to looked up to for an example of how to live a holy and just life. Asking them to pray with me doesn't seem so bad. I can understand how it can appear that "more is going on", but it simply isn't true.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
"worship of mary"

Catholics ARE christian and no, Catholics do not worship Mary.
www.catholic.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
They do worship mary...

Hail mary .....mother of god..

What does hail mean??? worship cathloic is pagan religion, which has invaded christianity, kicked and god and jesus out and replaced with mary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join