It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All your base are belong to Grenade-BOT!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
"The Army has just finished testing out a unmanned ground vehicle, or UGV, that obliterates its foes with electrically-fired grenades.

The robot is the same modified Talon UGV that's now on its way to Iraq, to watch the back of Stryker armored vehicles on patrol. But instead of carrying a M249 machine gun, like the Iraq-bound robo-grunt, this Talon has been armed by Metal Storm Limited -- the Australian firm famous for its million-round-a-minute gun. "

Click the link for some sick trick!

www.defensetech.org...

WOW

Gotta love those electrically fired grenades!!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here is the pick for lazy people (like me)

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You have to see this one. Man! what an awesome piece of weaponry. Imagine the physiological advantage this gives you over the enemy. I'd be totally bummed to see a robot rolling up to wards my position, especially if I was depending on small arms fire to keep enemy troops away from my position. The site has a couple videos where you can see this little guy in action. It moves along at a pretty quick pace.

If you watch the videos, keep in mind that these are just pyrotechnic rounds for demonstration purposes. Real 40mm grenades would have torn that armored carrier up.

EDIT: skippytjc beat me to posting the picture.

I can just see this little guy being flanked by gun-toting bots. (Which are already in Iraq). You'd probably feel like Dr. Who being attacked by the Darleks if you were caught in the middle of this.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I would love to see this guy used in war. Esp. with other little robots along side it would look like a scene from a sci-fi movie.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Great. Not long now until the machines take over...

I love weapons.

Oh yeah, and great title...

[edit on 24-4-2005 by DeltaChaos]

new topics

top topics

join