It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon gov’t student health survey asks 11-year-olds if they are trans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: KellyClark1965
Well, are they trans?

Interesting question.

Why would it matter and better yet...why do you want to know?

You may not want to know, but lawmakers and policymakers want to know, that is why they want the data collected. Also the school administrators want to know because of the health and welfare of their LGBTQ+ students and to know how to make schools safe places for everyone.

williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu...

Nailed it...lawmakers and policymakers...

How did we not think of this until now...this survey is going to make schools safer? The health and welfare of the LGBTQ+ students is going to change because they are...going to be treated different? Treated the same?

I think that for in the schools they will develop educational tools and who knows maybe find away to deal with the bullies.

You think a survey asking 6th grade kids their sexual identity/orientation is to curb bullying?

That my friend is a stretch...a long stretch!

Do you believe that educating children in inclusiveness and diversity won't work to curb ignorance?

Well...which is it...curb bullying or curb ignorance?

Which one do you approve of...or is it both?

Remember this survey is asking 6th grade children! Shouldn't children be "ignorant" of some things or are you of the mind that these things need to be taught to children?

It's both and more. 6th graders are 11-12 years old and more and more children are entering puberty before that age, so yes more needs to be taught to children depending on their experiences and the only way to know what they are experiencing is through asking them questions - which they do not have to answer.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Well, are they trans?

Interesting question.

You may not want to know, but lawmakers and policymakers want to know, that is why they want the data collected. Also the school administrators want to know because of the health and welfare of their LGBTQ+ students and to know how to make schools safe places for everyone.

How did we not think of this until now...this survey is going to make schools safer? The health and welfare of the LGBTQ+ students is going to change because they are...going to be treated different? Treated the same?

I think that for in the schools they will develop educational tools and who knows maybe find away to deal with the bullies.

You think a survey asking 6th grade kids their sexual identity/orientation is to curb bullying?

Do you believe that educating children in inclusiveness and diversity won't work to curb ignorance?

Remember this survey is asking 6th grade children! Shouldn't children be "ignorant" of some things or are you of the mind that these things need to be taught to children?

It's both and more. 6th graders are 11-12 years old and more and more children are entering puberty before that age, so yes more needs to be taught to children depending on their experiences and the only way to know what they are experiencing is through asking them questions - which they do not have to answer.

And you think it's the schools place to teach them these things?

That's where we differ...you're okay with letting other people make those decisions, and when, and where, and by who...I am not okay with that!

If you want to let lawmakers and policymakers to educate your children on sex...then you go right ahead...I for one am not okay with it and I'm not going to let it happen with my children!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well, are they trans?

Interesting question.

That's where we differ...you're okay with letting other people make those decisions, and when, and where, and by who...I am not okay with that!

If you want to let lawmakers and policymakers to educate your children on sex...then you go right ahead...I for one am not okay with it and I'm not going to let it happen with my children!

It's not lawmakers/policymakers educating children they put laws in place to protect one's basic human rights. Educators in schools will do risk management strategies, so they can put in place safeguards and counselling to those children who have nobody they can go to or trust.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well, are they trans?

Interesting question.

It's not lawmakers/policymakers educating children they put laws in place to protect one's basic human rights. Educators in schools will do risk management strategies, so they can put in place safeguards and counselling to those children who have nobody they can go to or trust.

Are there human rights in jeopardy now?

You're talking in circles...

So we went from educating all the children, to safeguarding the children that have no one they can trust!

Stick to one agenda!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well, are they trans?

Interesting question.

So we went from educating all the children, to safeguarding the children that have no one they can trust!

Stick to one agenda!

Your survey asks those questions, do they have someone they can go to, someone they trust, about bullying in school, about online sexploitation, etc. and there is a reason those questions are being put forward. Safeguarding children from bullying, yes, counselling children, yes, providing a safe place, yes - if they are having difficulty navigating their world and need special guidance, then yes. If all this is an agenda to help and protect children from discrimination, bullying and hate in schools, then I'll stick with this agenda in risk management so more children don't commit suicide.

To believe that all children all have loving, doting parents is being naive.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well, are they trans?

Interesting question.

Stick to one agenda!

Your survey asks those questions, do they have someone they can go to, someone they trust, about bullying in school, about online sexploitation, etc. and there is a reason those questions are being put forward. Safeguarding children from bullying, yes, counselling children, yes, providing a safe place, yes - if they are having difficulty navigating their world and need special guidance, then yes. If all this is an agenda to help and protect children from discrimination, bullying and hate in schools, then I'll stick with this agenda in risk management so more children don't commit suicide.

Wait a minute...so why do we need lawmakers and policymakers again?

So now your agenda is risk management so more children don't commit suicide, and to do that we need to have educators teach our children about inclusiveness and diversity!

And to understand this...a survey including these questions is necessary for all students...so that data can be used to protect them form bullying and discrimination and encompassing their human rights!

You have used the entire dance floor now...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well, are they trans?

Interesting question.

Stick to one agenda!

Wait a minute...so why do we need lawmakers and policymakers again?

So now your agenda is risk management so more children don't commit suicide, and to do that we need to have educators teach our children about inclusiveness and diversity!

And to understand this...a survey including these questions is necessary for all students...so that data can be used to protect them form bullying and discrimination and encompassing their human rights!

You have used the entire dance floor now...

It's called risk management. What does that mean to you? Tango is the dance and it takes two.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

It's called risk management. What does that mean to you? Tango is the dance and it takes two.

So...it's risk management you'd like to stick with! I'm not going to answer what it means to me...it's a pretty well defined term and I'll stick with it's definition!

You still didn't answer my question though...

Why do we need lawmakers and policymakers to do a "risk assessment"?

Funny you think this survey is for risk assessment but I'll go with your agenda for the purposes of you proving your point! I hardly see 6th graders as a high risk group for suicide...but hey...let's give you a shot at it anyway!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So...it's risk management you'd like to stick with! I'm not going to answer what it means to me...it's a pretty well defined term and I'll stick with it's definition!

You still didn't answer my question though...

Why do we need lawmakers and policymakers to do a "risk assessment"?

Funny you think this survey is for risk assessment but I'll go with your agenda for the purposes of you proving your point! I hardly see 6th graders as a high risk group for suicide...but hey...let's give you a shot at it anyway!

I didn't say 6th graders were a high risk group for suicide, I said risk management to prevent suicides. Is the twist the new dance now?

Risk management for student safety and mental health will be done by school administrators.

I would guess that the only time policymakers and lawmakers will get involved in school policies is if violence in the schools against LGBTQ+ or Jewish people or Black people or Muslim people becomes a problem. It was not too long ago that teachers were streaming black students away from academic higher learning.

From your opening post, the answer to all your questions.

Oregon’s Student Health Survey is a state-wide test administered on a school-to-school basis to students in classrooms or online to “improve the health and well-being of students,” according to the Oregon government website.

edit on q000000181231America/Chicago3434America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

against LGBTQ+ or Jewish people or Black people or Muslim people becomes a problem.

Just those...I see!

Risk management for student safety and mental health will be done by school administrators.

Are you deciding this? So how does educating students in inclusiveness and diversity fit into the risk assessment?

I didn't say 6th graders were a high risk group for suicide, I said risk management to prevent suicides.

So the 6th grade can be left out of this survey because they're not at risk...except this whole thread is on a survey about transgender questions for 6th graders!

Oregon’s Student Health Survey is a state-wide test administered on a school-to-school basis to students in classrooms or online to “improve the health and well-being of students,” according to the Oregon government website.

Did you read the last line? "...according to the Oregon government website."! Sure sounds like government to me...a.k.a. lawmakers, policymakers, etc...! The people you just said aren't needed unless they are "...LGBTQ+ or Jewish people or Black people or Muslim people becomes a problem."!

You're agenda is so screwed you can't even keep it strait!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

against LGBTQ+ or Jewish people or Black people or Muslim people becomes a problem.

Just those...I see!

What other people are being targeted with hate out there? Whites? Heterosexuals?

Are you deciding this? So how does educating students in inclusiveness and diversity fit into the risk assessment?

Research it for yourself - the companies that put out these types of surveys explain some of its uses. Educating students on inclusiveness and diversity fit into risk management related to keeping students safe from bullying and discrimination and hate - and where do children learn to hate? Try not to mix up the context you are twisting it beyond recognition.

I didn't say 6th graders were a high risk group for suicide, I said risk management to prevent suicides.

So the 6th grade can be left out of this survey because they're not at risk...except this whole thread is on a survey about transgender questions for 6th graders!

I didn't say that. Depending on the student's problems or lack of knowing how to handle their problems or having nobody in their life they can turn to for help - then, yes, their mental and/or physical health may be at risk. As for suicides, boys are being sextorted online and some are committing suicide and 50% of transgender teen boys attempt suicide, but you keep skipping over these sad facts.

Did you read the last line? "...according to the Oregon government website."! Sure sounds like government to me...a.k.a. lawmakers, policymakers, etc...! The people you just said aren't needed unless they are "...LGBTQ+ or Jewish people or Black people or Muslim people becomes a problem."!

The school administrators are the ones judging the reality, data and making recommendations, the government is not on the front lines but they have the money to effect changes needed - so yes it is collaborative in some areas.

You're agenda is so screwed you can't even keep it strait!

The dance now is break dancing.

edit on q000000141231America/Chicago4343America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on q000000141231America/Chicago4343America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

Are you a government employee...a hired disinformation specialist!

Your whole post is laughable...nothing adds up! If you're going to pick a narrative, quit changing it up!

Research it for yourself

Research what exactly? What am I looking for? I posted my findings in the OP...remember...I started this thread!

The school administrators are the ones judging the reality, data and making recommendations, the government is not on the front lines but they have the money to effect changes needed - so yes it is collaborative in some areas.

This is hilarious...they're not on the front lines...but...they have the money (to effect the change needed)!!! LMFAO

School administrators are judging the reality...another LMFAO!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

Yes the people who are at the schools are the ones seeing the reality of children's problems - like a boy trashing the principals office because he does not know how to deal with his emotions/problems and his family haven't a clue how to help him - bullying ending in physical fights - kids ganging up on one kid - situations such as this happen all the time but not everyone knows what goes on in schools because it is confidential.

It's obvious you can't understand or keep what I am saying in the proper context and intent I meant it to be so I'll leave it there.

You haven't a clue what goes on in schools, I do. Enough said.
edit on q000000081231America/Chicago1313America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Yes the people who are at the schools are the ones seeing the reality of children's problems - like a boy trashing the principals office because he does not know how to deal with his emotions/problems and his family haven't a clue how to help him - bullying ending in physical fights - kids ganging up on one kid - situations such as this happen all the time but not everyone knows what goes on in schools because it is confidential.

It's obvious you can't understand or keep what I am saying in the proper context and intent I meant it to be so I'll leave it there.

You haven't a clue what goes on in schools, I do. Enough said.

Is it confidential from the parents and guardians? No...it's not so STFU...stupid example!

Your context and intent is crystal clear...you're uneducated and bouncing from limb to limb grasping for something to hold on to! Best if you do just leave it there!

I haven't a clue huh? I have four kids in school, I coach basketball every night, I probably do have an idea...so again...STFU with your agenda already!

edit on 21-12-2022 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Some of those questions are going to yield questionable results.

Have you ever gone without food? I did all the time, but not because my parents couldn't feed me. It was because I preferred to sleep in over getting up for breakfast and I hated school food, so I often went without meals because I just decided I'd rather be hungry.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You don't have a clue because you don't work in a school and nobody will be telling you what confidential problems happens at school, so give it a rest.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AOx6179

Some of those questions are going to yield questionable results.

Have you ever gone without food? I did all the time, but not because my parents couldn't feed me. It was because I preferred to sleep in over getting up for breakfast and I hated school food, so I often went without meals because I just decided I'd rather be hungry.

The point is you went to school hungry no matter the reason. If enough children in that school end up hungry in the morning, they may start a breakfast program. There is a reason for the questions.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You don't have a clue because you don't work in a school and nobody will be telling you what confidential problems happens at school, so give it a rest.

I pray that you don't work at a school!

"Confidential problems" in a public school...please do tell!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I pray that you don't work at a school!

"Confidential problems" in a public school...please do tell!!!

I just told you some of the confidential problems that happen in schools I've been in, what happens in your school you will never know because nobody will ever tell you. The survey answers may give a glimpse as to what problems may be lurking in your school and when you start seeing program changes in the school geared to helping children, you will know why.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I wouldn't have eaten the crap they called breakfast, either. I preferred being hungry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join