It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LBGTQ bar shooting.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

We talk about how the force imposition of it is an issue. Children should not be exposed to the graphic realities of it before they are old enough to get a rough idea of what sexuality is from their own hormones so that it has an actual context for them.

Any younger than that and it's sick, just like the imposition of graphic heterosexuality in a similar way is.

What people address and how in their own homes and on their own timetable is on them. And what adults do between themselves so long as everyone is on board is also on them. Most of us don't care about that part at all, and I know you've seen us say that over and over.
edit on 20-11-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Havent read the thread yet.

Has the FBI claimed that "he was on our radar" yet?

Was this an establishment that had child drag shows?

Club Q? Seriously? What timeline are we in?
edit on 20-11-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm not talking about right wingers as a whole, I live in farmland Missouri lol. Almost everyone I know is a republican. I'm talking about extremists. They exist on both sides, whether you want to believe it or not.

The last mass shooting in Colorado Springs was at a Planned Parenthood. Who ya thunk did that?

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We talk about how the force imposition of it is an issue. Children should not be exposed to the graphic realities of it before they are old enough to get a rough idea of what sexuality is from their own hormones so that it has an actual context for them.

Any younger than that and it's sick, just like the imposition of graphic heterosexuality in a similar way is.

What people address and how in their own homes and on their own timetable is on them. And what adults do between themselves so long as everyone is on board is also on them. Most of us don't care about that part at all, and I know you've seen us say that over and over.

I'm aware that you're speaking for your own lifestyle, and that's all you can speak for. I don't know exactly who "we" is supposed to be but there's only one brain in your skull.

There's many examples of homophobia on this forum although no one is stupid enough to advocate for violence.

edit on 20-11-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Can we please get back to blaming the Media for all these mass shootings. Reporting the news should be a capital crime.

Oops, I first read about this tragedy on ATS....
edit on 20-11-2022 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I also know there are many times when someone labels a thing a "phobia" when it is anything but. Just because someone doesn't like or approve of a thing does not mean they are "afraid" of it in an unreasoning way. I don't like heroine. Am I a heroine-ophobe? Do I have some unreasoning fear of it? No. I just happen to be able to look at the people who get hooked on it, see what it tends to do to their lives, and have rationally decided this is not a good place to be. I'm not afraid of it because I know better than to get stuck there to begin with. Avoiding it is quite simple - don't start. And I've had plenty of experience with narcotics in my lifetime, so yes, it is just that easy.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The increase in mass shootings starting in the late 1990s is proportional to the decrease and elimination in state run psychiatric facilities in the USA. You can thank President Carter and even though President Regean is one of my favorite presidents I have to call him out for that:

www.motherjones.com...

Link

Also California in 1967 kicked off the de-institutionalized movement:

The California Legislature passes the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act, which makes involuntary hospitalization of mentally ill people vastly more difficult. One year after the law goes into effect, the number of mentally ill people in the criminal-justice system doubles.

Also just to show I am not bring partisan :

In 1981 Under President Ronald Reagan, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act repeals Carter’s community health legislation and establishes block grants for the states, ending the federal government’s role in providing services to the mentally ill. Federal mental-health spending decreases by 30 percent.

So what does all of this have to do with these shootings that are alot more prevalent from 1997-present then in the rest of the USA’s history?
Well due to lawyers and the court system and the federal government not funding these places anymore when one of these mentally Ill people get committed it’s usually only for a 48-72 hold by the state at a local psych ward that is attached too and part of the main hospital of a local town or city. This is how it’s all set up now. The local hospital psych wards are not equipped to handle long term patients of the schizophrenia type. They usually get them settled down with meds them kick them out after the 72 hour police hold. It’s one big revolving door for the insurance companies and a profit maker for the hospital off Medicaid.

These people then go back to society, stop taking their meds because they” feel better” and u have what u see with these mass shootings. The patient can convince the doctor they are not a danger to themselves or society and the state can’t legally hold someone indefinitely without AN INCREDIBLE ANOUNT OF PAPERWORK and 6 months of court hearings. Usually the family will sue the state as well.

Because of all these legal challenges there are many more people that are roaming our country that are legally insane. These shootings will continue until we fix the broken mental health system and create mental health long term facilities again.

edit on 20-11-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

The few articles I've been reading say the mentally ill are actually less likely to do a mass shooting or extreme violence.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

There also is the argument of how the Columbine shooting was covered. The sensation and fixation on the individuals.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Umm anyone that commits mass murder on this scale is mentally ill.

a reply to: quintessentone

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Or just a complete wrong'un?

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
Umm anyone that commits mass murder on this scale is mentally ill.

I believe one of the last mass shooters was proven to not have mental illness.

Ah yes, the Las Vegas shooter.

There is a common misperception amplified by mainstream media and government officials that people “go crazy” or enter some altered state of consciousness and start shooting. Rather, executing murderous plots such as mass shootings at schools, grocery stores, places of worship, and public events requires a mind that is lucid and capable of producing rational thought, planning, and logical cognitive processing. For example, the 2017 Las Vegas Route 91 Harvest Festival shooter reportedly had extensive notes on distance, trajectory, and wind changes in his hotel room.2 These shooters are often linked with an adherence to ideas and rhetoric that are bandied about as truth on media outlets. On top of that, elected government officials with massive public platforms echo these “truths” and reinforce their so-called legitimacy. The result is a radicalized—not mentally ill—individual absorbing all of this extremist ideology who then takes advantage of the easy access to guns in America.

www.psychiatrictimes.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
I have a photo of the guy, but I can't upload it. WTH?

Thank you DTM!

Why is his neck redacted with a black box. Wasn't this also done on the Las Vegas shooter's photo?

re-posting for clarity.
Las Vegas shooter with neck tattoo.

Sans tattoo.
Whats up with the gobberment neck tats?
edit on v222022Sundaypm30America/ChicagoSun, 20 Nov 2022 13:22:28 -06001 by Violater1 because: lijhtydu

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

If what I'm seeing is correct, it's a combination of things and mental illness is one component meaning that it's not the only component although it is part of the puzzle.

There is commonality with a lot of the shooters. They happen to be young disaffected males. They don't happen to hold to any particular ideology meaning they are just as likely to be left as right as nothing clear at all. The biggest factors are that they are young and socially ill-adjusted, often with poorly addressed mental issues.

They tend to get online where they isolate even more and seek out strange places where they latch on to anything they can and end up radicalizing. At some point, they go off the deep end and we see the consequences.

My overall takeaway is that society in general is hostile to young males, and we're losing them and this is what we see as the outcome.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Dont forget the sudden spike in scary named conditions and a pill for everything society we morphed into during that same time frame.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It depends on your definition of mentally Ill is.
A professor of psychology at the university of Denver in the website psychology today disagrees with you:

www.psychologytoday.com...

“Mass Shooters Are Mentally Ill
Mentally ill people are not all the same.“

edit on 20-11-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
It depends on your definition of mentally Ill is.
A professor of psychology at the university of Denver in the website psychology today disagrees with you:

www.psychologytoday.com...

“Mass Shooters Are Mentally Ill
Mentally ill people are not all the same.“

These psychologists are always disagreeing with each other but let's see what the clinical psychologist's reports on this shooter. Psychological clinical testing is changing and advancing all the time and they all admit there is dysfunction within the field. So you could very well be right, or perhaps this shooter has a brain deformity, or a mixture of a lot of things. We can only speculate. The one thing consistent is they all seem to have no problem getting their hands on firearms.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I mean it’s very simple. My grandfather was a WW2 vet. He went to high school in the 1930s and told me every kid had a long rifle in their Locker with ammunition for hunting after school.

If guns are the problem then why didn’t we see the amount of mass shootings we see today during the 1930s? And mafia shootings that are mafia related don’t count.

Maybe it was because these young people had a connection with God and attended Church every week? There is something to be said about having a connection with a higher power or believing that you are God yourself

The shootings now are random targets
edit on 20-11-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Grammar

edit on 20-11-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Granmar

edit on 20-11-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Ok. When someone looks bat sheet crazy, odds are…
edit on 20-11-2022 by PilSungMtnMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Biden's ready to put his foot down!!!!! Can you find the irony ........ ? 🎆

Statement by President Biden on the Deadly Shooting in Colorado Springs

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join