It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Onetime billionaire Elizabeth Holmes sentenced to more than 11 years in prison for fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — A federal judge on Friday sentenced disgraced Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes to more than 11 years in prison for duping investors in the failed startup that promised to revolutionize blood testing but instead made her a symbol of Silicon Valley ambition that veered into deceit.

The sentence imposed by U.S. District Judge Edward Davila was shorter than the 15-year penalty requested by federal prosecutors but far tougher than the leniency her legal team sought for the mother of a year-old son with another child on the way.

Onetime billionaire Elizabeth Holmes sentenced to more than 11 years in prison for fraud

She deserves it IMO

Do the crime, do the time. I think a lot of people believed in the "image", more than the "substance" of Theranos IMO.

I wonder if she'll be a pod boss like Martha Stewart? LMAO

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

No pity here.

She always gave me the creeps back when the world was fawning over her. Sociopath, I tell ya.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If only the law applied equally to everybody. I hear the Clinton foundation is once again raking in millions, after a dry spell of nearly zero donations during the Trump administration.

People thing Martha Stewart went to prison for insider trading, thanks to MSM narrative; she did not. She was jailed for 'lieing' to the FBI; after numerous interogations for found 'discrepancies' in some of her statements.
I doubt anyone could answer the same questions about the past over and over again without a few discrepancies.

It's always good to hear about justice being served, but wrankles me at the same time that the DC swamp rats always get away with their shenanigans....but, hey; it takes the heat off of things like Pelosi insider trading, McConnel enrichment via China, Bibens' and Ukraine/China money....it's a long list nobody is brave-or honest enough-to tackle.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
They'll put her in some minimum security country club and she'll get out in about 3 years.

Meanwhile, some kid who got caught with $20 worth of drugs will get 20 years with no possibility of parole.

Don't you just love the "justice " system ?

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
They'll put her in some minimum security country club and she'll get out in about 3 years.

Meanwhile, some kid who got caught with $20 worth of drugs will get 20 years with no possibility of parole.

Exactly.

I wager less than that, early release due to her kids.

Is she a millionaire again? Funny how these people get caught, go bankrupt, loose everything, then end up mysteriously being millionaires again. Five bucks says that dude from FTX is a millionaire in a year.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Don't quote me on this but I did hear as a federal crime she will have to spend at least 85% of her sentence behind bars.

I believe she got pregnant twice while this was ongoing to garner sympathy as well. She does get to deliver her baby before serving. Must be nice, poor women are jailed and have to deliver behind bars and the baby is taken 24 hours after.

She deserves this sentence.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

No pity here.

She always gave me the creeps back when the world was fawning over her. Sociopath, I tell ya.

Me too, my intuition/discernment told me right away she was a scammer.

Her mimicry of Steve Jobs (appearance) and Hillary Clinton (voice) is like something off Star Trek when the transporter malfunctions or something. LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I feel no pity for her or anyone dumb enough to invest in her pipe dream.
The idea that you can run hundreds of blood tests from a few drops of blood was ridiculous. Anyone with any knowledge of how labs work should have known it was a scam from the start.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
She's such a darling !!! 😍

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

In prison she'll be a health advisor with inspection privileges 🤗

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous. Fraud? # those investors. No one gives a # about the investors. How about murder for all the people who were misled into believing the results from their bloodwork were not completely fabricated and died from the medical decisions based on them?
edit on 20-11-2022 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2022 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Did anyone die from erroneous Theranos testing?
I remember a few that thought they had a disease but their doctors ran other tests and found no diseases..

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They performed tests on antibodies. This includes people who have compromised immune systems to begin with. Certainly if those tests, be it igg or whatever were fabricated it would lead to misdiagnosis, and medical error is already the 3rd leading cause of death as it stands. People died from this scam, I am certain.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Yep, some docs changed medications based on the test results and some people thought they had a condition due to the tests but found out later they didn't. So no deaths I can find, but truly messed up situations for people with potentially bad consequences.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It really is clown world when a billionaire woman goes from billionaire to the joint's scissor queen like that. How sad
edit on 20-11-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Absolutely ridiculous. Fraud? # those investors. No one gives a # about the investors. How about murder for all the people who were misled into believing the results from their bloodwork were not completely fabricated and died from the medical decisions based on them?

Absolutely she should be prosecuted for that as well if people died.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: Bluntone22

They performed tests on antibodies. This includes people who have compromised immune systems to begin with. Certainly if those tests, be it igg or whatever were fabricated it would lead to misdiagnosis, and medical error is already the 3rd leading cause of death as it stands. People died from this scam, I am certain.

The gov. doesn't care about it's people.
The gov. only cares about $$$,
just as with covid $$$
That's why she was charged with $$$ fraud.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
She was a bit of a weirdo, her changing voice..quite the actor. I'm a bit surprised at 11 years, no sympathy though. She had to be fully aware, did her partner get time?

edit on 21-11-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
She was a bit of a weirdo, her changing voice..quite the actor. I'm a bit surprised at 11 years, no sympathy though. She had to be fully aware, did her partner get time?

Sunny Balwani, yep, he was convicted on 12 counts of fraud. I can't remember the sentencing though.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
She wasn’t too bright; her lawyers should have pled her out, made a deal, and maybe would have gotten five years.

She also fleeced many elite people, and you don’t do that. She’s lucky she only got 11 years. In fed charges, there’s no parole, so shell do over 90 percent of that time.

top topics

join