It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Good Thing That Sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The line to vote today.

I had an early show call today, so when I drove by the local polling place and saw a line, I decided to vote after work.

I have waited an hour so far, I am 2/3 of my way to the booth.

I have NEVER waited more than 20 minutes. EVER. Not even 2020.

I am glad we have a large turnout, but waiting this long sux. (How in the hell did we ever wait this long for anything before cellphones?)

I hope this turn out does not aid in fraud. With this many people voting, I hope the election looks and is fair, I don't want violence tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

did your state have early voting? I voted last week and was the only one there. Election workers swarmed me trying to show how good they were at taking care of things. it went very smooth. I took my wife last Friday and she was in and out in 5 min. I really like early voting. I'll enjoy the next beer for you. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I went about 1 pm figuring the lunch crowd would be gone and the after work/school crowd wouldn't have started yet. I had no wait and got right in and sat at a table, not that my precinct is usually busy even though this year we added an additional precinct to my polling station.

The folks working said it had been busy earlier but the biggest problem was we had a two page ballot with a ton of proposals that were taking time for people to read through and that because tables were still set up for Covid spacing that limited the seats.

I'm glad to see people are out exercising their rights but this country has operated so long on small turnouts that we really need to work on how to process these numbers more efficiently because it's only going to get worse.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It only took me 23 minutes from the time I walked up until the time I walked out the door to vote this morning.

I'm just north of Houston.

I couldn't bring myself to vote for one-eyed McCain, I had to skip his race.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I live in NY. Early voting for sure. Somewhere I heard today on MSM (in the background of build) that early voting totals have the GOP up by 3 million votes.

I do not believe or trust that, in fact I doubt it.

But when you stop dreaming, it's time to die.

edit on 8-11-2022 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
The line to vote today.

I had an early show call today, so when I drove by the local polling place and saw a line, I decided to vote after work.

I have waited an hour so far, I am 2/3 of my way to the booth.

I have NEVER waited more than 20 minutes. EVER. Not even 2020.

I am glad we have a large turnout, but waiting this long sux. (How in the hell did we ever wait this long for anything before cellphones?)

I hope this turn out does not aid in fraud. With this many people voting, I hope the election looks and is fair, I don't want violence tomorrow.

I hope they offered you a water and a payday candy bar, or a slim jim if you're allergic. Voters should be nourished while performing their civic duty.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
You're not serious, I hope?

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Took me all of 10. Most of that was reading the initiatives to make sure I wasn't missing duplicitous wording.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for reading. Many seem to be "told" how to vote.

It doesn't matter what you decided, only that you were careful to actually read the wording matters.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: TzarChasm
You're not serious, I hope?

Standing in line for 2 hours, depending on local population? Don't tell me it's unethical or illegal to offer refreshment because that's beyond asinine and I'll wheel around a cart of beverages just to make a point.

edit on 8-11-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Not so bad here.
We just moved the best county over so we couldn't vote early.
Website said the polls opened at 6, so we got there at 7, only to find out they didn't open until 8.

Wife had to be to work for 830, but we managed to get coffee and breakfast, back to the polls right before 8, and back home for work in time.

I'm sure she voted differently than I did, but at least we got out there.
Hopefully the scanners they used to count the votes aren't pointlessly counting just to turn around and tell the scammers how many fake votes they need to print up tonight...

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I dropped my wife's and I's ballot in the drop box in front of the library a couple days ago. Quick and simple.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars
I also did research on the judges and school board people.
Something I never did prior to 2020.

FWIW, there should be plain English for the proposals....not legalese. Too many proposals are far too long for most folks, especially in the age where people tend to read 1-2 paragraphs---if that--- and quit.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Took me all of 10. Most of that was reading the initiatives to make sure I wasn't missing duplicitous wording.

My husband and I were in and out in the same time.
We had read what was on our ballot ahead of time.

It was interesting that there were items on the ballot that weren’t highly talked about like others.
I’m sure for the unprepared that came as a surprise.

top topics

join