It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibility of Charlie Crist clash with Ron DeSantis at Florida gubernatorial debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I know that Hurricane Ian prompted the delay of the planned gubernatorial debate in Florida between incumbent governor Ron DeSantis and former governor Charlie Crist to October 24, which is seen by some as quite boding ill for Team Crist's chances of unseating DeSantis. However, if Ron DeSantis and Charlie Crist have ideological and political interests diametrically opposed to each other, is there a possibility that the two might not shake hands at the presidential debate and that Crist might berate Ron DeSantis for falsely claiming that a now-deleted tweet by Crist's running mate written hours after Fidel Castro's death expressed sorrow for Fidel's passing (in the case of the latter, the tweet written by Karla Hernandez actually took note of Cuban Americans celebrating Fidel Castro's death in sharp contrast to Cubans on the street mourning his passing and therefore didn't say sorry that the bearded dictator died).
edit on 13-10-2022 by Potlatch because: Added link for delay of FL gubernatorial debate

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
All kinds of juicy things can happen at debates 😀

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

that would be even more reason for people not to vote for crist if he did.
why would DeSantis be sorry the murderous bastard died? .
if i bugged out of cuba because of him, his dying would have me doing a jig in the streets to.
most if not all cubians still love cuba, castro's death was a joyful event for them.

edit on 13-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

if i bugged out of cuba because of him, his dying would have me doing a jig in the streets to.
most if not all cubians still love cuba, castro's death was a joyful event for them.

Charlie Crist, like Rick Scott, Jeb Bush, and Ron DeSantis, has recognized Fidel Castro as a brutal dictator. The re-election campaign of Ron DeSantis misunderstood the text of the tweet by Karla Hernandez about Fidel's death by claiming that Hernandez herself felt sorry that Castro died unaware that the tweet only took note of the differing reactions in Havana and Miami to Fidel Castro's death.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So, they “misunderstood “ a text. And you think a misunderstood text negates all of the good that DeSantis has done for the people of Florida? And that it coming up in a debate automatically means that Christ wins said debate? I must be missing something here.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

They partied in the streets of Miami , and the police officers backed down and some joined them . Blocked off streets to where the people could let it go...;.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurveyorsOfTruth
So, they “misunderstood “ a text. And you think a misunderstood text negates all of the good that DeSantis has done for the people of Florida? And that it coming up in a debate automatically means that Christ wins said debate? I must be missing something here.

The communications arm of DeSantis' re-election campaign saw the tweet and came under the false impression that Karla Hernandez expressed sorrow for Fidel Castro's death.

new topics

top topics

join