It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE victory for Ukraine, Lyman captured

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ukraine has encircled and captured Lyman, a significant development and defeat given it is the life line for Donetsk & Luhansk

VIDEO
VIDEO

I'll update more from the battle when available

Here is the entrapped Russian Pocket that has now fallen, it was thought some 3k to 5k Russian troops were defending it, its last remaining defenders crossed the river and blew up the bridge entrapping an unknown amount of Russian troops, it is also heard that Russia has set up special units on defense lines to kill anybody retreating called blocking units

edit on 1-10-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Wow, I wonder how Russia will react to this loss? I wonder whats the main reason as to why Russian forces seem to be getting out played by Ukraine forces?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I read that they have it encircled but not captured? Got a link?

A video of 2 guys waving a little flag at a Lyman city limits sign is not evidence of anything lol.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Another Ukrainian victory heh. I say again, if Ukraine is having all these successes why are they desperately seeking entry into NATO?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Tactics win battles, logistics wins wars. Russia has long supply lines, and serious issues with their logistics. Ukraine knows the territory, and doesn’t have to worry as much about their supply lines being attacked. That’s one of the big things about Russia not having air superiority.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Another Ukrainian victory heh. I say again, if Ukraine is having all these successes why are they desperately seeking entry into NATO?

Umm because Putin called a full mobilization?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

No he didn't, stop lying.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Obviously NATO needs the leadership only the Ukrainian’s can provide.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Doesn't each victory by Ukraine on the battlefield, make it more likely Russia will use a nuclear weapon to end the war, like the United States did in Japan?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Doesn't each victory by Ukraine on the battlefield, make it more likely Russia will use a nuclear weapon to end the war, like the United States did in Japan?

Not really.
There are lines in the sand and using weapons of mass destruction definitely crosses a line. Fallout from a nuclear weapon would rain down on other countries.
Irradiating half of Europe would not end the war in Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

I read that they have it encircled but not captured? Got a link?

A video of 2 guys waving a little flag at a Lyman city limits sign is not evidence of anything lol.

Hmm... you were saying the same when Iyzum was overrun

Its called OpSec, you don't just plaster vids all over the web to give Russia targeting information, there are a few videos which are of Russian column retreating, and Ukrainian forces attacking from the rear from the forest but theyre vids which cannot be geo-confirmed, looking forward to seeing some good vid later today

ANYWAY....

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — After being encircled by Ukrainian forces, Russia pulled troops out Saturday from an eastern Ukrainian city that it had been using as a front-line hub. It was the latest victory for the Ukrainian counteroffensive that has humiliated and angered the Kremlin.

Russia’s withdrawal from Lyman complicates its internationally vilified move to annex four regions of Ukraine and paves the way for Ukrainian troops to potentially push further into land that Moscow now illegally claims as its own.

The fighting comes at a pivotal moment in Russian President Vladimir Putin’s war. Facing Ukrainian gains on the battlefield — which he frames as a U.S.-orchestrated effort to destroy Russia — Putin this week heightened his threats of nuclear force and used his most aggressive, anti-Western rhetoric to date.

Russia’s Defense Ministry claimed to have inflicted damage on Ukrainian forces in battling to hold onto Lyman, but said outnumbered Russian troops were withdrawn to more favorable positions. The Russian announcement came soon after Ukraine’s air force said it had moved into Lyman and the Ukrainian president’s chief of staff posted photos of a Ukrainian flag being hoisted on the town’s outskirts

AP LINK

New Map

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

Umm, No he did

We can all see it very very clearly, just stick the window wipers on my guy its all there right in-front of you

edit on 1-10-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Not really.
There are lines in the sand and using weapons of mass destruction definitely crosses a line. Fallout from a nuclear weapon would rain down on other countries.

There are several trains of thought being passed around.

So you do not believe Putin will resort to using a nuclear weapon, even if his defeat is at hand? That is the camp you are in?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Not really.

I think from the sheer amount of times hes now threatened to Nuke everybody its likely hes not confident even that would work, he seems afraid, he looked mentally ill at his Hitler speech yesterday, edgy and nervous

Hes like the criminal screaming ive got a gun, ive got a gun, before getting popped of right between the eyes

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Not really.

I think from the sheer amount of times hes now threatened to Nuke everybody its likely hes not confident even that would work, he seems afraid, he looked mentally ill at his Hitler speech yesterday, edgy and nervous

Hes like the criminal screaming ive got a gun, ive got a gun, before getting popped of right between the eyes

I believe Vladimir Putin is among the elites who have access to all the cures of the world. He reportedly had blood cancer back in april. That is always quickly fatal.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Because they aren’t stupid and know that they need allies.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

Umm, No he did

We can all see it very very clearly, just stick the window wipers on my guy its all there right in-front of you

Partial mobilisation, liar.

It was Ukraine that called for full mobilisation.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

More Russian Nazi's kicked out of Ukraine.

Nice job.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: crayzeed

Because they aren’t stupid and know that they need allies.

Are you suggesting that America's 45 billion in military aid and they don't have allies? with another 15 or 20 from the rest of the world?

Ukraine has plenty of financial allies, it would seem they want more than that.

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join