It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Pope's Mystery Cardinal Could Be Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Pope John Paul II named four new cardinals in 2003. Three of them have been revealed but one has remained a secret. Vatican watchers have speculated that the identity of this last cardinal was kept a secret in order to protect him from the state sanctioned religion in China. However, one Archbishop speculates that the personal secretary of the pope, that was by his side when he died, is rumored to be the secret cardinal. The problem is that since the pope did not publicly acknowledge the cardinal in question it is not considered valid.

news.yahoo.com
When John Paul created new cardinals in 2003, he announced that he was keeping one name secret, or "in pectore," meaning "in the heart." This is a formula that has been used when the pope wants to name a cardinal in a country where the church is oppressed.

Once the name is made public, the cardinal "is bound by the same duties and possesses the same rights" of the other cardinals, including the right to vote for a new pope if he is younger than 80, canon law says.

John Paul has named three other "in pectore" cardinals whose names were later revealed, including Marian Jaworski, archbishop of Lviv, Ukraine, for Catholics who follow the Latin rite, and Janis Pujats of Riga, Latvia.

The third was Ignatius Kung Pin-Mei, an elderly Chinese bishop who spent 30 years in Chinese prisons for defying attempts by China's communist government to control Roman Catholics through the state-run church.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think it is great that even in death; Pope John Paul II is still able to influence his people. When the pope said that he wasn’t going to publicly reveal the last cardinals identity and keep his last vote "in pectore," I personally think that he could be referring to the "Olive's Glory". Wouldn’t this be a great way to introduce a new and special pope? Is it possible that this last cardinal, to be named, can be the "Olive's Glory" that will succeed the pope? What do you think?

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.thisislondon.co.uk
www.usatoday.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
(news) Pope John Paul II Has Died
John Paul 2, Saint Malachi, & the Mayan Calendar

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

[edit on 5-4-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
You know, that would be really awesome if this "in pectorale" Cardinal would be the Olive's Glory. But, what I wonder is, if this secret Cardinal is such, how long would he live, I mean alot of people want the Church to end, and supposedly there is only one left AFTER the Olive's Glory. If he was revealed to be such, he will not live long in my opinion. Hope that my words prove me false of course...but still...makes you wonder..

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think this mystery Cardinal will be a female Sabine....and will shock many but there was talk of a female Pope that reigned long ago. If it is true or not I do not know.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Female pope hmmm I don’t know. I don’t think they are going to break traditions like that. I think it safe to say that we will see a Black pope this time around because it is out of the ordinary and but still conservative for the church. I think having a woman is the pope would be too much for the people. It offers a whole new perspective to the papacy though. The next few weeks will be interesting.

Why would Pope John Paul II die without naming the secret cardinal? He knew that his health was failing him. Shouldn’t that have been a sign to inform the person of there new duties? The article said if PJP II didn’t publicly acknowledge the cardinal so it is no longer valid but what if he did acknowledge him in his Will or the instructions to do after his death? Would this be considered? A will is a legal document right?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That is a very good question...if this secret Cardinal is noted in a document such as that, then I believe it would be incumbent on the Church to inform this cardinal of their obligations & responsibilities in the Church...but the ways of the Catholic are bizarre indeed, a little bit of Dagon worship, a little Mithras, what a way to keep the Roman Empire in perpetual survival in religion...they did damn good doing such.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
A quote from a news article:
full article

VATICAN CITY (AFP) - The Vatican still does not know the identity of a cardinal nominated by Pope John Paul II two years ago but whose identity he kept secret, Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said, adding that it may be contained in a testament he had left for cardinals.

"At the moment, nobody knows anything about it. Before the pope's death, it wasn't revealed," Navarro-Valls told reporters at the Vatican.

"We don't know if there is something in the text of the testament left by the pope. Naturally, if there is something we will communicate it when it is read."

He said the document has not yet been read by cardinals, who have so far convened three times since early Monday to discuss the pope's funeral arrangements.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

"And in order to demonstrate his worthiness, his testicles are felt by the junior present as testimony of his male sex. When this is found to be so, the person who feels them shouts out in a loud voice testiculos habet ("He has testicles") And all the clerics reply Deo Gratias ("Thanks be to God"). Then they proceed joyfully to the consecration of the pope-elect"

Sorry, that is not a fact, that is a claim made by Felix Hamerlin in a book about the female pope. lol

Alas "Pope Joan" is generally considered to by a myth, but even if so, an exceedingly popular one that even the catholic church seems to half-way believe. At times people who made this claim were branded heretics for other things they had said, but were not charged with heresy for bringing up the female pope. It is alleged that Pope John XX changed his name to John XXI because he recognized the reign of the original John VIII- the female pope (not to be confused with the more commonly recognized John VIII. This is not the only explanation though, because there were anti-popes named John who he may have recognized instead.

en.wikipedia.org...

There certainly is historical precedent for women sneaking into male professions in disguise. The first Woman Marine served as a sharpshooter on the USS Constituton, disguised as a man.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by The Vagabond]

new topics

top topics

join