It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Zarqawi Driven by Emotion, Ex-Cellmates Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Former cellmates of terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi recall him as an emotional man who would often weep as he prayed. Others remembered him as a gentle man who had an obsession of Islams past glory. They also note a fanatical interpretation of his religion. al-Zarqawi is the suspected mastermind of the Iraqi insurgency as well as the be-headings of kidnapped foreigners.

news.yahoo.com
AMMAN, Jordan (Reuters) - During their years in a Jordanian prison, inmates remember Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in his Afghan dress weeping uncontrollably in the courtyard whenever he knelt to pray.

Abu Musab cried constantly. He was very emotional, almost like a child," said 35-year-old Yousef Rababaa as he recalled the young militant.

Zarqawi, the Jordanian-born one-time street thug who is now the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, is remembered as a gentle man obsessed with Islam's past glory.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The psychological profile of al-Zarqawi would be interesting to delve into. No doubt we would find similarities to Che, Pol Pot, Mao and any of histories murderers. Having studied all the major religions and thier teachings, his interpretation of Islam is fringe to say the least. Similar if you will to say a David Koresh.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The scary part is that he is human. Even scarier is the fact that Hitler was a human. Its what all people have the possibilty of becoming. Scary, huh?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It is scary to think that within all of us lies the seeds of dangerous fanaticism. But it was still his choice to let it out and cause his own people and ours so much pain.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Psychologically, al-Zarqawi is totally cracked. Mentally, he screwed in the head but fanatically devoted to his faith AND his dreams of Islam's past glory, which is quite common among Arabic males. If they read a lot of stories about Islam's past and events, you could say they are inspired by it the same ways as young Western men were inspired by the adventurous stories of knights and Christian glories in the West around the turn of the 20th century.

Only Arabic males are known to be more passionate and fiercely devoted to fighting and dying for something than Western/American males who aren't always devoted to fighting and dying for nothing. Even freedom meant nothing to us?

Kinda strange irony there, huh? Yeah, we Western/American males are the wussies compared to the Arabians. Oop, did I just say that?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Psychologically, al-Zarqawi is totally cracked. Mentally, he screwed in the head but fanatically devoted to his faith AND his dreams of Islam's past glory, which is quite common among Arabic males. If they read a lot of stories about Islam's past and events, you could say they are inspired by it the same ways as young Western men were inspired by the adventurous stories of knights and Christian glories in the West around the turn of the 20th century.

Its incorrect to stat that as truth. Mainly because there are many people who would die for Christianity if they felt it were threatned in the same way as Islam feels threatned by culture imperialism by modern colonialism by corporate entities. If Christian people were being force-fed anti-Christian beliefs and believed that the ones force feeding them were zionist from a oppressive country full of zionist along with the fact that many of your fellow believer friends are rascist towards the zionist then you'd hear the footsteps of Western men marching to the war drums.
By the way, it doesn't take faith to give your life, it takes propaganda.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by National Security Agency

Its incorrect to stat that as truth. Mainly because there are many people who would die for Christianity if they felt it were threatned in the same way as Islam feels threatned by culture imperialism by modern colonialism by corporate entities. If Christian people were being force-fed anti-Christian beliefs and believed that the ones force feeding them were zionist from a oppressive country full of zionist along with the fact that many of your fellow believer friends are rascist towards the zionist then you'd hear the footsteps of Western men marching to the war drums.

I know, I know, I know. It's so hard to be so right about something's wrong with the world. I'm just seeing an interesting comparison because I've been reading some interesting stuff about the Middle East: books and stories on famous Islamic figures and conquests are very popular among young Arabic males. More than 100 years ago, illiteracy in the Middle East was the norm and only the Qu'ran was orally read to the poor and uneducated masses.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I just realized I said the same thing he said in a different way. LOL! What was I doing? Anyways, I believe I may have been reading reading what was said the wrong way, forgive me.....LOL....I feel stupid.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I just realized I said the same thing he said in a different way. LOL! What was I doing? Anyways, I believe I may have been reading reading what was said the wrong way, forgive me.....LOL....I feel stupid.

Shared brain-waves but on a different frequency?

new topics

top topics

join