It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Labyrinth finally SOLVED

page: 1.
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In 1977 in Lake Arthur, New Mexico (just 40 miles south of Roswell) a miracle occurred. As Mario Rubio was preparing a burrito for her husband for breakfast she held up a flour tortilla and in the center, she saw the face of Jesus. Elsewhere, mounds of dirt began to take the form of Jesus, passing clouds took the shape of the Virgin Mary.

Later that year in November in Phoenix, Arizona; Ramona Barreras claims that Jesus appeared in a tortilla with the letters K, J, C and B which she believed to stand for ‘King Jesus is Coming Back’. To this day, her ‘Holy Tortilla’ rest in a Plexiglas box in her kitchen.

March of 1983, Paula Rivera says she saw Jesus appear on a corn tortilla deep in Hidalgo, Texas. She too has her own ‘Sacred tortilla shrine’.

We all remember in 2004 the man who claims that embedded on the bread of his grilled cheese sandwich was the image of the Virgin Mary. Later on that year a man claimed he witnessed the Lord appear on his dental X-ray…right above his front teeth.

Paranoia? No, it’s actually called Pareidolia, the ability to perceive patterns and meaning from complete randomness and chaos. Humans are pattern recognizing machines. It’s hardwired in our genetics. We scoop a spoonful of alphabet soup and manage to distinguish a message within our meal. Looking at the sky we see an array of images in clouds, from flying pigs all the way to the exact likenesses of Richard Nixon (complete with elongated nose).

Pareidolia has been occurring since early humans pondered into a fire and felt the ‘otherness’ that resides in their existence. This ‘otherworldly’ element has been expressed through a variety of pseudoscience. Astrology, looking up into a random orientation of stars and formulating complicated mythological figures within these points of lights. Tarot Card reading, randomly shuffling a deck of cards and literally predicting the events of ones life by the order they appear. Voodoo doctors would place an arrangement of bones, gems, and polished rocks in a sheepskin bag, give them a quick shake and throw them on the ground. The way these objects appear in correlation with one another was supposed to inform the Witch Doctor the course of a person’s life. Biblical seers and soothsayers used to predict outcomes of great battles based on unpredictable weather patterns and temperature changes.

Pareidolia can also explain such occurrences as messages played back on tape recorders, Ghostly EVP occurrences (As seen in the movie White Noise). It can explain Cydonia, or the infamous ‘Face on Mars’.

Take Rorschach ink blot test for an example. What do you see in this image?

A butterfly? A cowboy with boots? Do you realize that it’s just ink thrown on a paper and then folded? Nothing organized about it. You don’t seen a pattern, your brain perceives a pattern and then relays it to your optic nerves and thus, a…pig with bunny ears.

So what does this have to do with Black Labyrinth?

We’ve all been a victim of Pareidolia

We were presented with a completely set of words and images and are expected to formulate order from utter chaos. Granted the level of Pareidolia in Black Labyrinth is far advanced than the primitive Ink Blot test of decades ago, it still operates on the same principle.

Simply put, if Black Labyrinth was designed to have a resolution, the thousands of members on ATS actively working over the course of several months would have figured it out by now. Why us? Because (get ready for an extraordinary complement) I believe that without a doubt, AboveTopseSecret.com holds some of the most highly intelligent individuals on the net. No argument. If you were to present this Pareidolia…lets say the message board of nutty Manchester United fans they would look at BL much like the chimpanzees looked at the Black monolith on Stanley Kubricks 2001 Space Odyssey.

However, it goes without saying that as compared to other boards, ATS is light years ahead of them when it comes to intelligence. And just look at some of the complicated theories we’ve proposed to this Pareidolia known as Black Labyrinth:

To wrap it up (seeing that this post is getting incredibly long) Black Labyrinth was designed to reveal no true answer. It’s as if someone gives you a locked box and ask you to predict what’s inside without opening it. Black Labyrinth feeds on Pareidolia, matter of fact I’m expecting people to respond to this thread still claiming that this is indeed a game and indeed has an answer. This ‘game’ will perpetually continue without end. The only way it will stop is if a mod intervenes and actually admits that BL wasn’t a game after all but just an evaluation to see what we could ‘discover’ in a mix of random objects and Latin text. Unfortunately it’s against the rules for moderators to interfere with this ‘game’ (unless proven otherwise):

General Rules for Participation In Games/Promotions Where Prizes Are Offered

-4- Staff members and family of staff members (moderators, super moderators, administrators, and any other user of the staff-only forum) are prohibited from participating.

In any case. People will continue to believe that BL is a game that has a solution, and people will continue to try to discover this solution. Just like religious mystics siphon through endless text trying to discover a ‘Biblical Code’ or the Palmist reads the lines on another’s hand in order to predict their lives.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sim..

sounds good to me...

While I have not really been playing, I would read the threads on BL from time to time...

FTR - Game was much more exciting, I hope there's something like that coming soon

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree as well. I think there's a lot less to this "puzzle" than what one would think.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No, it’s actually called Pareidolia, the ability to perceive patterns and meaning from complete randomness and chaos.

Ok, thats not a solution to BL. BL is a game, where clues are encrypted, just like in Find the Rings, or Dr. Jim.

Simply put, if Black Labyrinth was designed to have a resolution, the thousands of members on ATS actively working over the course of several months would have figured it out by now. Why us? Because (get ready for an extraordinary complement) I believe that without a doubt, AboveTopseSecret.com holds some of the most highly intelligent individuals on the net.

Simply because a solution has not been found does not mean that there is no solution. I strongly suspect that this board's supply of people competent enough to win these sorts of games was exhausted in the Find the Rings Game.

The only way it will stop is if a mod intervenes and actually admits that BL wasn’t a game after all but just an evaluation to see what we could ‘discover’ in a mix of random objects and Latin text. Unfortunately it’s against the rules for moderators to interfere with this ‘game’

Why in the world would administation bother to do something so pointless? It hardly seems reasonable. I doubt that anyone who spent any time on BL would be happy with that sort of result. It'd certainly put the kaibosh on any future games.
Also, if this had been the prevailing attitude during the FInd the Rings or DrJim games, then those games would still be going on.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm not buying it. I don't think this is the solution, but a good thought nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
and for the record...

the ink blot that is in Sim's post..

picture this...

your on the ground looking up at something...

see the wheel of the motorcycle, and the bikers boots off to the sides and then the handle bars out to the sides .... also the bikers head ...

I see it...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
and for the record...

the ink blot that is in Sim's post..

picture this...

your on the ground looking up at something...

see the wheel of the motorcycle, and the bikers boots off to the sides and then the handle bars out to the sides .... also the bikers head ...

I see it...

I saw the same thing. Great minds do indeed think alike.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Cutwolf and elevatedone

But you are getting beyond the point. And the point being Steelers are going nowhere with Jerome Bettis

Ok back on topic!

EDIT: Actually Bettis was one of the few players that came through for me this year in fantasy football

[edit on 4/4/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Cutwolf and elevatedone

But you are getting beyond the point. And the point being Steelers are going nowhere with Jerome Bettis

Ok back on topic!

ohh that's harsh man !!!, we were being positive in your thread...

bad form dude !

besides, you might be correct, they ( Steelers ) probably won't even need him this year... it's going to be a Passing Attack from the Big # 7

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I aggree and I don't

HWat you have stated is true about people and it does happen often and some of us are often victims of it. I admit that I too am a victim all too often. But I do not deny myself what is true and if I find otherwise that I have fallen i will cast down my prdde and except it.

As for BL there are clues. or maybe there is just as you said a formalition of our ideas and minds. Its hard to say no your wrong because I don't know that and all the evidince that I and everyone working on the game has found so far can line up perfectly with your idea. How often to we build a giant complex system on a shakey foundation but expect what is in it to support it. We do it all too often we tell ourselves subconciouly "The ends justify the means"

I admit that I have spent hours working on an Idea about BL that was a crazy Idea I had that was entirely not feiseable but I found evidince to support it my claim eventhough the claim itslef was severly faulted.

The more I look at it all my BL research has been exactly what you say, parinoia. But even yet there is no way to know forsure. After all whats a little bit of compition any how? challenges are fun. If it turns out you are right hey I developed some serious deductive logic skills so I win some way or another.

edit: yeah I have no clue what happend to my first 3 paragrapsh they got like cut out... hrm I'll have to fix that later....

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Mizar]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's like the end of the old Wargames movie...the only smart move is not to play.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Maybe the answer lies somewhere in SportsTawk.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So what is it mods? Is the game officially over or are we still going to sift through randomized symbols and characters in order to develop some meaning to it.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

see the wheel of the motorcycle, and the bikers boots off to the sides and then the handle bars out to the sides .... also the bikers head

HA! Its Springer!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
First thing I seen in that ink blot in the first post was a joker.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
First thing I seen in that ink blot in the first post was a joker.

Looks more like a really complicated cork screw. Which illustrates my point, since BL operates on these principles, it has no definite answer.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i wondered who was watching us play these hard game they throw
at us here, and why, many posts and u2u have gone back and forth on this,
but still, this the only place i have seen where smarth peeps work together,
to find an answer, no matter what it is, so come on all you peeps out
, there think , why [what] are we supost to be looking for, or have we all
falling victume to the " give me the anwers" , thing , we smart here try harder.
i for one don't want a "mc" anwers yo, hehehe good luck

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The last 7 months I didn’t really pay much attention to BL, one thing I noticed however is that we’re all lost in this Labyrinth. Theory came up now and then and we try our best to convert this theory into fact but none were successful.

In the mid of this game swintersVT and Lupus assumed that this game is not meant to be solve, that it’s here messing with our paranoia, I took another step further by theorizing that this game is meant to attract people from all over the globe, to come here at ATS and search for truth. In other word, advertising ATS. We are moving closer and closer to the end time and people MUST wake up. Just a theory.

Having read what Simulacra posted here seems like swintersVT and Lupus assumption are somewhat correct. But how can we know for sure that this is the solution? Since the mod/staff/admin can’t get involve, can’t say anything about it… how do we verify?

WHAT IF what Simulacra posted is nothing but a blueprint of BL? Something BL was built-on to have a new game of its own!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tablet
WHAT IF what Simulacra posted is nothing but a blueprint of BL? Something BL was built-on to have a new game of its own!

We can only wonder...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Update:

BL is dead. This 'game' is too esoteric to place the pieces of the puzzle together. Why you ask? Because there aren't any pieces. Its gibberish and nonsense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join