It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time.... How do you define time?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bella1

You can try this

See that control panel along the top of your ATS screen?

ONE

Click on the down pointing arrow head. That will bring up a second panel beneath it.

Two

Click on the ''upload'' tab. This will take you to an uploading devise to upload the image you want to use. Once you have uploaded the image click on the location it gives you and copy it.

Three

From that same secondary panel you will find a tab labeled ''account''. Click on that

There you will find a box labeled ''avatar''

Four

In that field presented and paste the location of the image you uploaded into that box

Hopefully that will work. Though at this time, for some reason I am being prevented from uploading by both Firefox and Google. They say it's either my clock is awry or ATS is remiss in renewing a certificate which helps prevent hackers from accessing our accounts. It tells me the last certificate expired about a week ago. So,,,,good luck

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Because time is fear and if the mind of a human being is to be totally free of fear psychologically, completely, absolutely to be free of fear, he must understand time. Time as the movement of thought.
Jiddu Kristnamurti.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Asked about time, this clip always comes to mind

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think there is some promise in professor Steven Miller's theory from the early 70s regarding time

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Simple Time is a day,
witch is a day and a hight.

Science?
a day is some totaly un'known part of gravity.
They know what gravity dose but not what it IS.

The further you get away from a planet or star
the lest gravity you get.

the twin thing!
one twin stays on earth
the other one goes to jupitor and back.

when he gets back
he sees what looks like his twin
but it is the son of his twin.
as time past slower in space!

so gravity? make time go faster?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A wise man once said

Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal

Now that I'm getting into middle age range (40+), it's depressing to consider the truth. I'll be alive for the same amount of time into the future that I've been from birth to the current time, that's if I'm lucky.

The only difference is, for the first half I was growing and my cells were fresh and increasing. For the second half, I will be declining and my cells will continually become more damaged and die, causing me to look increasingly unattractive with more difficulties and pain in all aspects of life.

Then I will cease to exist for eternity. Here's to hoping that it will be an easy death and my heart just stops beating while I'm unconcious.
edit on CDT12Sun, 21 Aug 2022 12:10:18 -050000000008b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo
I don't think he was wise.

Is it wise to be frightened of things that are not here now?

edit on 21-8-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Timer is observation. Time is nothing without witness.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
I don't think he was wise.

Is it wise to be frightened of things that are not here now?

It was Mike Shinoda from the band Linkin Park and he was a pretty good MC so I called him a wise man.

The "wise man once said" saying usually refers to something ancient that was said a long time ago. Since we're on the topic of time and Linkin Park was a really cool, brand new rock band a couple decades ago but now considered oldies, I thought it was fitting.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

To me time would be fairly irrelevant if there was no such thing as a entropy or death.

If those things didn’t exist we’d have all the time in the world and it wouldn’t be considered or valued like it is.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Timer is observation. Time is nothing without witness.

Define witness.

The far side of the Moon was not witnessed by man until recently. Yet it is covered with memories of impacts that were unseen until we went there. Time was there to both make the memories and destroy the older ones with new ones.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Stevie Guitar Miller. I got to see him and his band live once back in the late 60s. Then in the 80s and 90s my Friday ritual at work about five minutes before the shift was over was to play 'Livin in the USA'' on my box.

Then in 2019 he did an interview with Fallon promoting his ''Welcome to the Vault'' collection. What a sweet guy, very humble almost as if he had no idea that he was STEVE MILLER......

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Most of the time with people I cared about some time in war, now doing my best to raise a son for the future.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It's interesting, the shift from the first half to the second half. I remember that. But then it was still full speed ahead as there was likely another forty in the future. Now, for me, of that forty there is only five left and things have changed again. Plans are very very different. I've got what I"ve got which means that plans are only short term as I will begone before long term plans can do anything. It's like planting a tree. I've planted trees on my place in the past. A couple of towering redwoods, a beautiful Blue Spruce along with some majestic willows. But now? Any sapling I might plant will still be a sapling once I"m gone.

I suppose I might still plant some for the next folk to live here, but why, they may just cut them down for firewood. Next door the old fella who lived there before I moved in had an apple orchard with about five hundred apple trees. The folks who moved in there next cut most of them down to make room for a massive lawn. So the future is for the future I guess.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A strange phenomena I experience is considering the future. I was a teenager in the mid-sixties and an avid SF reader. I thought a lot about the future. A lot. Made plans and set goals. One of the books I read in 64 was 1984 and because the future events it fictionalized were set in the title, somehow I always thought of 1984 as the future.

In 1984 I thought we had made it, which of course we had but it was little like the book but I still managed to interpret much of what I could ascertain about our situation at that time to the prognostications of the book, but that really is a side point to my point.

The thing is is that a large part of me still relates to the year 1984 as being in the future, I had spent so much time looking forward to it. Now when I see an actor all famous and stuff in a movie or whatever and I look them up I find that most of them were born in the future as I relate to it. Like how did that person grow to be a mature person in their thirty or forties when they were not even born in what I think of as the future. Strange, I know.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
Time is how we measure space.

Time is our perception of energy in motion.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I was way back in high school when I first began to think about time.
Trying to find that point between the past and the future.
I figured there was last year and next year
Then I thought that there was last month and next month
Last week and next week
Yesterday and tomorrow
An hour ago and an hour from now
A minute ago and a minute from now
A second ago and a second from now

And how far could I divide the seconds. Could I think about the next second or split second or nano second and watch that point of demarcation go by? Could I find that X point and examine it? I tried but always failed. No matter how much I tried to do it, my thoughts and observations continually seemed to originate in guess what, my past. So my past was looking for the future, not me. Somehow I was there in what I came to understand as a timelessness and hence the past and the future were merely illusions because neither of them existed.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In 92 I caught wind of a book titled Einstein's Dreams by a physicist named Alan Lightman. It's written as fiction but it really is a book of vignettes each proposing a fictional world where time does not work in the same manner as it works here.
Anyone interested in looking at time from it's many angles could find this an interesting read.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
One thing I do know about time for sure is that now, it's nap time.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Past present and future is only now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join