It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Vil Eat Zee Bugs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Sustainability agenda, They will lower meat consumption for the middle class, and remove privately owned anything, sustainability is not prosperity, sustainability is enslavement.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RebornThroughReverance

Sustainability agenda, They will lower meat consumption for the middle class, and remove privately owned anything, sustainability is not prosperity, sustainability is enslavement.

Slavery by the introduction of alternate food lines?

Well, one of the stories in Gulliver's Travels was about a country divided over which end of their boiled eggs to open - true political oppression, there!

LOL

edit on 19/8/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RebornThroughReverance

What? Everything except sustainability is suicide.
Sustainability means you don't consume more than what can be regrown without depleting the system. There's no alternative to sustainability.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
if i need to start buying farmyard animals to eat meat then so be it.

i wont be eating insects.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

You've probably been eating Zee Bugs for years without realising it.

Cochineal (additive number 120) or carmine dye is a food coloring that is regularly used in foods such as candies, ketchup, soft drinks and anything that manufacturers think should look red – even canned cherries! Cochineal is made from crushed female insects found naturally living on cactus plants in South America.
www.petaasia.com...#:~:text=Cochineal%20(additive%20number%20120)%20or,cactus%20plants%20in%20South%20Amer ica.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Though many companies use alternatives which are vegan safe.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Maybe so but that doesn't change the fact we've been eating bugs for decades.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not eating bugs is largely a western taboo because insects are associated with decay. maggots, Cockroaches and flies, for example.

In many other cultures they were a valuable source of protein, though because of the inconvenience of raising or catching them when compared to rearing chickens or pigs, they've largely become a speciality dish.

In Asia, for example, it's common to see street vendors selling crickets, or even scorpions.

This actually goes to the heart of my argument, it's easy to rear cattle, chickens and pigs in a factory environment or free range. Having a pigsty out back and feeding it them table scraps cost next to nothing.

To raise insects to eat would require massive infrastructure investment. It's energy intensive and requires large quantities of material to be brought in from external sources to feed them. The protein that they produce must also be heavily processed before it's in a form that we can eat. Simply pasteurising it alone would be prohibitively expensive at scale.

Can you seriously see any nefarious group paying out trillions to build industrial insect farms when a farmer with a couple of hundred acres of grazing land could produce the same amount of food for a fraction of the cost, and with minimal year on year investment?

Can you seriously see any Republican president wanting to spend that amount of money, and risk the wrath of their rural voters?

Can you see any leader in India, Asia or Africa risking disenfranchising their rural populations? There would be a revolution,

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I don't think insects are seen as a replacement for traditional protean sources but rather an alternative , just as vegan products now sit next to traditional products in supermarkets.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To be honest, crickets are pretty good. They taste sort of like potatoes.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Welcome, humans! I am ready for you! Fish, plankton, sea greens and protein from the sea. Fresh as harvest day. Overwhelming, am I not? Are you too startled? Am I too removed from your kin?

a reply to: Jeremiah33three

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I've found religious food rules seem to be scientifically sound. I bet there's a valid reason certain insects are aceeptable according to the texts.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
As we all know, The World Economic Forum says we will be eating a lot of insects in the future. The media lap dogs have taken the ball and ran with it as well, almost like paid WEF sponsors, asking why we don't eat more insects. Celebrities are all getting in on the act as well. It's an amazing idea with one small caveat: there are substances in insects like chitins which can make humans sick.

Chitins are an inflammatory pathogen and can cause allergic reactions. They can cause all sorts of health conditions including some rare forms of cancer. This is why humans don't eat insects unless they are forced to due to poverty. We aren't designed to eat insects and can't digest them properly. It's almost like the WEF didn't do any safety studies or at least they DGAF if insects are bad for you or not. They have zee protein and calories so just eat them and shut up.

LMAO

Your sources are a low res photo of someone's social media opinion, and a random youtube video.

Then someone posts several links of actual studies from various sources, and you say "fake news funded by Gates" or whatever claptrap you pasted.

And you expect to be taken seriously?

You're about as worthy of respect as Alex Jones. Christ mate you make this SO EASY.
edit on 21-8-2022 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   
"Asians eat bugs"

Yeah ok, they also eat dogs and bats in some areas. hardly a justification to move to such a source.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
Welcome, humans! I am ready for you! Fish, plankton, sea greens and protein from the sea. Fresh as harvest day. Overwhelming, am I not? Are you too startled? Am I too removed from your kin?

a reply to: Jeremiah33three

I know its not the point you were trying to make but this is a strange one - fish is now overpriced and not consumed anywhere near as much as it used to be in the UK. Seaweed/kelp for food is virtually unheard of now but was a staple a few hundred years ago.

Lets just all get used to being carb loaders living off potatoes and rice.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
heh... en.wikipedia.org...(film)

Bugz is just the beginning, desensitize to them, then you can move on to the other mammalian kin.

a reply to: Stu112

edit on 22-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join