It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathically Speaking With Pets.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'd like to start out by saying I did a search for a topic like this and received no results so I decided to go ahead and start a thread.

That stated, I have been trying to develop an ability to use telepathy with my animals. I believe an animal's brain is better suited to pic up thoughts and emotions. Have you ever noticed how your cat or dog will flee the moment anger at them wells up inside of you? Is there anyone here who has experimented with this or believes it is possible to mentally communicate with your pets? I just need a few suggestions and pointers here.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I've actually tried this myself.
3 dogs, and two cats.

Out of all of them, one seems to be more connected with me.
I'm not sure that I believe in telepathy, but one of my cats seems to show up 5 or 10 seconds after I think "I wonder where Mooshka is?"
He is an outside cat, and is usually gone, for 4-5 hours at a time.

It never seems to work though, if I try to do it on command..ONLY if the thought crosses my mind by chance.

It could be, however, that I begin to wonder about him, right at the end of his stint outside.. Right when he would show up anyway..

I'll try to remember to pay more attention to the times and such, and report back!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Actually, I have.

Out of necessity...

In the morning, or at night, sometimes the cats will come to the bedroom door, meowing for food, etc.

Since I'm too lazy to get up, and yelling doesn't work, I thought of a different trick. I mentally project an image (in their little heads) of a huge snarling dog, chomping at the bit to get at them, on my side of the door...
That usually sends them quickly down the stairs, so that I can then get some more shuteye....

I do find that I fully understand what their different meows mean (i.e. whether they want food, water, attention, etc.) Haven't really tried it with the dogs though (3 cats and 4 chihuahuas...a frickin' menagerie), never really had a need to.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Absolutely, my cats are both empathetic and can verbally communicate. While they are not speaking english they do respond to certain voice commands. Out of three cats, one of them is the most connected in a human sort of way, while the other two certainly can understand verbal instructions but are not responsive to emotional "vibes" from humans.

IMO most animals are highly intelligent and think and have emotions and ponder their existence just like humans do. Just because we do not speak their language does not mean that they are not highly developed "thinking" animals.

When say a dog knows that he is in trouble for chewing on something and without touching the animals by simply speaking to them in disaproving tone or by not embracing them like you normally would, dont they sulk and give you the sad eyes ? My puppy does.

Or when you are feeling down or upset, does your favorite cat come into the room and try and lay on your chest ???, purring for your attention....Mine does

How about when your cat just wants some treats, and knows you are on the way to the kitchen do they look at you and try and paw at your clothes, turning on their backs and giving you a half cackled meow like they are trying to speak to you ??? mine do

So many different ways animals try and communicate with us, that is if they know that we will not hurt them.

My cats sit in the window and look outside, just watching and I know inside their little brains they are thinking of all the areas they want to explore or watching the other animals walk by or simply seeing the trees wave in the wind. If you watch them you can see what gets their attention just patiently waiting and watching. You know there are thoughts and ideas other then I can eat that, I can drink that, that dog is danger....

So many people want to classify animals as not being on the same level of mental capability as humans. But I must disagree because there are too many signs that say "some" animals posses almost human qualities of understanding and emotional range from compassion and caring to saddness and exubrance.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
they are responsive but do not understand, they just pick up certain brain frequencies and emit them accordingly, usually in a very subtle way.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Don't you think that someone is helping you? You cannot perform any telepathic task, therefore something is different with that cat.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
One time I was wrestling on the floor with my girlfriend in the living room and my cat came up and bit my girlfriend on the leg. ha ha I was so surprised.

Then I used to have this stress ball that I would throw down my stairs and my cat would fetch it. Strange but cool.

Now her thing is carrying around this little tiny beanie baby horse. Everynight about five minutes after we go to bed she will cry and cry and then bring the little horse into our room in her mouth. So funny. Some times she hides the horse in the strangest places. Behind my desk...In the closet...under the bed.
I wonder why she does this?

Sorry to get off topic.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The vet that takes care of our cats has many cats in his house, and he cares for jungle cats all over Florida. He was featured on the show on Animal Planet about the Pet Psychic.

He said he was skeptical of psychics in general, but he really believed she had something. She "talked" to one cat and got a description of behaviour that matched another that that was nowhere nearby. My vet said it was dead-on and nothing that they had discussed, as they avoided specifics.

It's the only time I've had someone tell me first-hand of a psychic that I couldn't explain by cold reading or another method.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I had a Doberman that would never do what my girlfriend told him to do, ho would look at me and I would just think yes or no and he would do it or not depending on what I thought.

Now either he was very good at reading body language or there was some kind of 6th sense going on, I dont know hat ot was but I never experienced it with any other animals.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Definateltly.

I've noticed that animals seem to like me, even if I don't particually like them, I have no fondness for mutts but they get all cosy with me when ever I'm around a friends house so now I don't mind the things.

I smoke a bit of Mary J every now and then so I do try and communicate with my friends dog and he listens on occasion, ''go to Carl chucky'' and he'll wander over sometimes... he didn't last time I was with him but I think he gets pissed off with me trying to talk to him with my mind every two seconds... that and I get too lean to be bothered at times.

Do you ever hear/feel them talking back? Now that'd be scary.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Don't you think that someone is helping you? You cannot perform any telepathic task, therefore something is different with that cat.

Not in my case. I constantly find myself getting up to get something for my wife only to have her ask for it after I've started towards it, hehe...

I'll already have a glass of tea poured and on my way back to the living room when she'll call and ask for it.... Just little things like that, and knowing when the other is sick, or hurting, etc.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't post sooner but I kinda forgot my own topic. Anyways, I think I might have a deep connection with, of all pets, one of my snakes. Her name is Gingersnap and she's a Hypomelanistic Okeetee Corn Snake. the other two don't really seem to take to my attention as much as Gingersnap does. In fact, she enjoys being handled by me on a regular basis. She'll also try to reach up for me after I've fed her her pinkie mice like she's trying to thank me and get some affection. Whenever I get my new Digital Camera, I'll attach a picture of the little one for you and by all means post pictures of the animals you feel most psychically connected to.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I believe that all animals have telepathy. But they also have their own fears and wants. Domestic animals aren't afraid of humans, so they are more receptive. Based on these fears and wants, they will often do what they want to, not what you want them to. That can sometimes make it seem like they don't "hear" you. But they do.

I, also, have other people's animals constantly snuggling up on me when I am around. I think it's funny since I'm told those same animals aren't affectionate to other people. One example: A good friend of mine has a cat that is a total recluse when strangers are in the house, but she sees me once every 4 months or so, and comes bolting straight at me the second I walk in the door.

Ever notice how agressive dog breeds always seat themselves right next to the person in the room who is most afraid of it?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, I know I'm trying to telepathically reassure my new snakes that I mean them no harm. I don't think it's working with my female Spotted California Kingsnake and especially not my male Striped Albino California Kingsnake.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I, also, have other people's animals constantly snuggling up on me when I am around. I think it's funny since I'm told those same animals aren't affectionate to other people.

Same here, I used to be afraid of dogs after a bad incident when I was a kid in Jamaica but I remember one incident as a kid where I was surrounded by two aggressive male dogs and the one female this family had came out and got in between them and me, she made them back down with a few barks and growls, had to repect them after that. Not sure about the facial licking but they're cool animals really.... still prefer cats.

Just got an instant message from a lady named cats33. LOL! I love it when that happens!

[edit on 6-4-2005 by An Entity]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well, I know I'm trying to telepathically reassure my new snakes that I mean them no harm. I don't think it's working with my female Spotted California Kingsnake and especially not my male Striped Albino California Kingsnake.

Now the member name makes sense...*smacks forehead*

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
sometimes I will think one of my animals name and they will come to me. It's kind of odd.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Now the member name makes sense...*smacks forehead*

I just love snakes. California Kings and Corn Snakes are my faves.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by An Entity
I, also, have other people's animals constantly snuggling up on me when I am around. I think it's funny since I'm told those same animals aren't affectionate to other people.

Cats are like that with me which is weird because Im totally a dog person.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think I would be more inclined to call this 'empathy' instead of 'telepathy'. Animals are really good at sensing emotions. I have a cat and she can always tell what my mood is, and responds accordingly. If I'm feeling angry, she stays away from me. If I'm feeling sad, she cuddles up to me and rubs against my leg or whatever, stuff like that.

Although, in favor of the telepathy argument, my cat always seems to know when I am thinking of feeding her. It may be because she gets fed at fairly regular times every day, but since I'm not usually the one who feeds her, that is kind of unusual.

Other people's cats usually ignore me until I go scratch their ears or something... then they love me forever, hehe. Dogs usually don't pay much attention to me, but I like cats more than dogs, maybe they sense that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join